Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Activity Leader

Munkakör megnevezése
Activity Leader36 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
36 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 083 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly and encouraging work atmosphere
This job is great if you like working with kids and staying engaged in your community. The pay and compensation is less than desired, but there are clear expectations and a family-like work environment!
Great environment and facilities
Great management, competent staff, salary could be higher for all staff and departments. Best part of job is free membership and building relationships with staff and members. Hardest part of job is dealing with problems on day to day basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For Part Timer a good start. Enjoyed the friendliness among management and co workers
Good Place to start as part timer. Kids and parents are very nice. Co workers are truely understandable and supporting. Management is great! Loved working there!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and collaborative environment, stressful at times
Working with the YMCA would be a good fit for those who enjoy working with children and being active. There are opportunities for advancement, and the overall work environment is positive. However, this could be a high-stress level job as you will be responsible for caring for multiple (up to 15 children per staff person) at once.
Opportunities for advancement, Collaborative environment
Organization, High-stress level
Eh
This is a great job for college students or older adults who need something to get out of the house. This is NOT a job for someone who needs something to pay bills and live off of.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to start off in life.
The Y is a good place to start or while in transition in your life. It's core values is why it's a good place. It's a great place to give back to the community and to meet interesting people.
Wonderful starter job
For me as a summer camp counselor this was a great job to have in high school but I could not see myself staying with the company only because of personal relocation.
Pro érvek
Meals and housing, working with youth
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, not much time off
After School Program
We worked with students in specific grades and they would choose athletic activities that we would play in the gym. If there were any issues with behavior we would explain to the children why that wasn't right Using our teaching skills and including lesson plans.
Flexible work schedule
Kontra érvek
low pay, no way to move up
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great learning experience for those who want to be teachers
It was a great job for a income but job titles didn't always match up with responsibilities expected of you. There is an opportunity to learn skills that will help you advance if you enjoy being around children.
Relaxed for students
They are very flexible with students schedule and will work with you come up with a schedule that is good for both parties. The work is not hard, just supervising children and make sure they are not getting into trouble. If you like kids, this will be a fun job. One bad thing is that the shifts are usually 2 and a half hours long, so it is not long enough to justify their hourly wage.
super fun
I love working for Fairview. The counselors bond so much over the summer and everyone gets along while doing the things they love about camp. God bless
fun
I enjoyed spending time with the children and staff. Theres's always something new going on and we just love sharing it with others. They have become my family.
the connections
salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great people and work environment
Compensation differs depending on experience and time spent with the program. Tend to be a little disorganized with paperwork and other aspects. Staff is great and expectations are clear and concise.
Staffing and work environment
Not enough hours
Very Fun to work for.
I manage a program called teen night on Saturday nights from 7pm to 10pm. My membership is free for my services and I love working with the teens. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach and get through to every teen when I get up to 80 teen some night.
Munkahelyi kultúra
That bacame my full time job after kmart this was my part time job in the afternoon
I enjoyed working there we specialized in mentally challenged patients. We used to do various activities with them. To try to help cope with there illness. Everytjing was done as a group and sometimes one on one that was rare if a patient couldnt be in a group setting there were 6 if us at all times it was fun. Our governor took away the funding for the program and it ended suddenly . 😣
Friendly staff
Lengthy training updates
Enjoyable Workplace
Workplace is very enjoyable. Supervisor lets you do your own thing within reason. Most of my coworkers were easy to work with and helpful. This job challenged the way I control myself to sculpt young minds.
its alright
Its supposed to feel like a family but almost every time i work i feel secluded because there are cliques i feel like. Hardest part is dealing with the kids parents
Fun and Welcoming
There is honestly nothing bad to say about the YMCA. I grew up going to their program and I always loved going there. So when I was able to work there I took the job on the spot. I always enjoyed working with kids and being able to interact with the parents. Never a boring dull day always smiles and happy vibes. I learned a lot from my older co-workers, but not only then but also the kids and the parents being put in some situations with these kids was just amazing and I always cared about them and being a good role model for them was always on my mind I wanted to be someone they could look up to.
no healthcare.
learning experience
At this job I learn a lot, I learned how to be a team player and now I am able to use what I learn at this job for the rest of my life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive environment, great for current college students
This job is what I worked part-time throughout college. It has been a great experience that has helped me grow to be more positive in work environments. Skills have also grown in team working abilities during this job. At least two counselors would watch over a group of kids for a certain period of time.
Pro érvek
Great environment and a perfect job for a college student
Kontra érvek
Pay is not high enough to meet my current needs
Good place to help kids
Good place with a great motto. However it is really hard to juggle with another job and school. Great people to work with as well.
helping kids in life
Kontra érvek
always runnin school to school
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés