Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Yorktown, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Yorktown, VA30 értékelés
30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 415 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the job while I had it, but COVID-19 drastically decreased my hours to none whatsoever. Unfortunately not able to work despite being there for years, which really disappointed me. People working for less time were getting hours before me. However, the job was easy yet required focus. Great people to work with as well.
Choose your hours
Slow hours drag
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a lifeguard and swim coach on and of for 8 years throughout high school and college. It is a great place to start off working if you are young . I would recommend the Y to everyone.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of the Peninsula's is a toxic company that forms cliques and exploits its employees weaknesses or flaws with nothing in place to address employees issues except to document and judge. The management team is immature, and not trained to manage nor required to be. The term "that is your job" is constantly used to demean you if you ask for help. The communication is abrasive and most of what you hear will be from a coworker because they communicate behind your back. There is no ethical code and everyone will know what is going on with you.The work environment is not inclusive, and they use dogmatic practices to handle employee concerns, with no real empathy or system to fix problems or help employees. The values they extend to members are not extended to employees. I learned to never be open or vulnerable at a workplace ever again. And if i find myself struggling to perform its probably better to quit the job because you will not be trained or helped if you under perform. There is not a single skill i will take from working there that will help me further my work career. There is no such thing as growth unless you are a part of their cliques.
flexibility of schedule
Kontra érvek
Poor management skills, no training, severely underpaid, and poor communication
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job and working with the children to teach them safety in the water. Over all I was not treated the best while I was there due to the supervisors. They would constantly put me down because of my size and how I need to eat more and that they didnt get how I could have passed because they didn't believe in what strength I had for my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great job to have during school. They are very flexible with their hours and have good employee benefits. The training was fun and they really are oriented on making sure their staff is having a good time.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My time at the Y has really prepared me for life. I love working there as the people, staff and members really made my day. Everyone is so accepting and friendly, it's really a lovely place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great company to work for if you don't mind low pay and not having a clue whats going on. there is no communication there. They are all about family
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day consisted of arts and crafts activities, STEM projects, various exercising activities, and team building activities with an assigned group of campers, keeping in mind that the core values of the Y: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith must be incorporated into every activity with the campers and in every situation.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The idea of working at the Y and the initial feel of it changes once they have you onboard. This was disappointing. The initial culture and ideals are wonderful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good summer job, fun work. I enjoyed my coworker's company, the kids i was taking care of, and the hours I was working so it was pretty good.
Steady hours, Relaxed atmosphere
Poor compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work for a lifeguard would entail stand duty, cleaning responsibilities, and interacting with the general populace. Aquatics management was great, and often assisted in training needs, shift covers, and organizing events. Branch management, however, had a habit of implementing corporate initiatives that hampered with our schedule. Otherwise, it's a great experience and can help you get involved with your community!
free membership
short break time
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was an interesting experience, getting to learn how to keep the children safe and making friends. Each day about 2-3 of us would go with a counselor and they're group of kids and do different activities, such as; going to the library or the pool. (etc.)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Non-profit organization. Don't expect great pay. No degree-no advancement to any type of management position no matter how long you are there. Customers are usually great people. Continually asks employees for contributions throughout the year.
Marketing of services is VERY POOR. Which directly effects income
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a wonderful organization to work for. Task aren't relatively difficult as long as leadership is good. You really benefit from trainings and understanding the member experience. I can't state how many times family is important to this organization and they truly do care about you as an individual.
Relationships, Family Oriented, Team Setting
Salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was the best job I ever had, however it is very organized and has diversity. All of the employees were nice and productive. I believe that this place has a lot of activities for the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to work, especially for younger people. A job at the YMCA gives someone a chance to serve their community. The job requires hard and dedicated workers, but it is certainly worth it.
Pro érvek
Nice co-workers, relatable managers, friendly members
Kontra érvek
No benefits for seasonal employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
An amazing organization that does an outstanding job at fulfilling it's cause to strengthen the community. Will always enjoy working here and coming here even as a member!
Great atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Salaries are not that competitive
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Ymca was a great place for me to start my working career and combine my passion with work experience. Friendly and helpful work environment, great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For what we had to do as counselors, we didn't get paid enough. Discipline wasn't serious so you had to deal with the same behavioral problems with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed following camp objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines. I freely assisted staff with all camp activities. I truly enjoyed serving as a positive role model for youth. In this work place I had to at all times remain punctual and organized. All employees had to maintain health and safety standards. Working for the YMCA I had to learn how to organize and assisted with parent meetings and discussions. Most and for most it was my duty to know where campers are at all times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been working at the YMCA since 2012 and I have loved it ever since then. Management is loving, caring, and understanding. I enjoy going to work everyday.
Pro érvek
Flexible, good management, and wonderful co-workers
Low pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés