YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Yorktown, VA

24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 395 értékelés megtekintése
Productive Interactive Program with Children
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2019, szeptember 28.
A typical day consisted of arts and crafts activities, STEM projects, various exercising activities, and team building activities with an assigned group of campers, keeping in mind that the core values of the Y: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith must be incorporated into every activity with the campers and in every situation.
2,0
Surface Character
Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2019, szeptember 8.
The idea of working at the Y and the initial feel of it changes once they have you onboard. This was disappointing. The initial culture and ideals are wonderful.
Decent
Junior Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2019, augusztus 8.
It was a good summer job, fun work. I enjoyed my coworker's company, the kids i was taking care of, and the hours I was working so it was pretty good.
Steady hours, Relaxed atmosphere
Poor compensation
great job!
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2019, április 16.
A typical day at work for a lifeguard would entail stand duty, cleaning responsibilities, and interacting with the general populace. Aquatics management was great, and often assisted in training needs, shift covers, and organizing events. Branch management, however, had a habit of implementing corporate initiatives that hampered with our schedule. Otherwise, it's a great experience and can help you get involved with your community!
free membership
short break time
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive, nice people, fun.
Couselor in Training (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2018, október 6.
This was an interesting experience, getting to learn how to keep the children safe and making friends. Each day about 2-3 of us would go with a counselor and they're group of kids and do different activities, such as; going to the library or the pool. (etc.)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great second or part time job not for primary income
Lead Personal Trainer/Wellness Coach (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, október 29.
Non-profit organization. Don't expect great pay. No degree-no advancement to any type of management position no matter how long you are there. Customers are usually great people. Continually asks employees for contributions throughout the year.
Marketing of services is VERY POOR. Which directly effects income
Munkahelyi kultúra
Family is important to this organization.
Child Care Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, október 4.
It's a wonderful organization to work for. Task aren't relatively difficult as long as leadership is good. You really benefit from trainings and understanding the member experience. I can't state how many times family is important to this organization and they truly do care about you as an individual.
Relationships, Family Oriented, Team Setting
Salary
Great Job
Child-watch Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, augusztus 15.
This was the best job I ever had, however it is very organized and has diversity. All of the employees were nice and productive. I believe that this place has a lot of activities for the community.
YMCA Review
Lead Lifeguard Shift Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, július 18.
A great place to work, especially for younger people. A job at the YMCA gives someone a chance to serve their community. The job requires hard and dedicated workers, but it is certainly worth it.
Pro érvek
Nice co-workers, relatable managers, friendly members
Kontra érvek
No benefits for seasonal employees
Director
Wellness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, június 15.
An amazing organization that does an outstanding job at fulfilling it's cause to strengthen the community. Will always enjoy working here and coming here even as a member!
Great atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Salaries are not that competitive
Great start
Youth Sports Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, június 6.
The Ymca was a great place for me to start my working career and combine my passion with work experience. Friendly and helpful work environment, great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun but stressful
Summer camp junior counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, június 1.
For what we had to do as counselors, we didn't get paid enough. Discipline wasn't serious so you had to deal with the same behavioral problems with the children
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loving , Christian communtiy filled with lots of fun and experiences.
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2017, január 15.
I enjoyed following camp objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines. I freely assisted staff with all camp activities. I truly enjoyed serving as a positive role model for youth. In this work place I had to at all times remain punctual and organized. All employees had to maintain health and safety standards. Working for the YMCA I had to learn how to organize and assisted with parent meetings and discussions. Most and for most it was my duty to know where campers are at all times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a perfect first time job.
Membership Service Staff and Child Watch (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2016, november 11.
I have been working at the YMCA since 2012 and I have loved it ever since then. Management is loving, caring, and understanding. I enjoy going to work everyday.
Pro érvek
Flexible, good management, and wonderful co-workers
Low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to work at, with lack of good management in the aquatics department
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2016, június 14.
A typical day at work included going there, sitting on the lifeguard stand watching over people who were swimming, answering any questions that needed to be answered about the pool, providing first aid as needed, and other than that we just cleaned the pool deck when it is needed. i learned that sometimes the person who is in charge doesn't always know what they are doing, but to look past it and go on with your job as you were hired to do. The head Aquatics Director was very inconsistent with rules or policies and always seemed unsure of what she was doing, the Aquatics Coordinator who was under her was very good and I to this day think she should be in charge over the Director because the Coordinator knew a lot more of what to do than the Director. My co-workers are good people to know, most of them know what to do if there is an emergency and some of them are fun to be be around. There isn't very hard parts of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching swim lessons and feeling like you are helping those who you are teaching.
Discounted membership
Kontra érvek
Being on stand for so long
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pulblic Fitness center catering to the needs of community in health and well being.
Childcare Associate Peninsula (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2015, március 6.
I had a great part time employment opportunity working as a Childcare Associate Peninsula YMCA in Yorktown ,VA for two years. The opportunity allowed me to grow relations with many families who where clients or members at the YMCA Facility. I bonded great relationships while working with infants and toddlers in Child Watch department at the YMCA. I assisted trying to meet the children's needs emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, and physically and followed the state regulations guidelines and got CPR certifications and other training as possible while working Childcare department at YMCA facility. the most enjoyable aspect of the job was teaching the children to have a love for learning new things and seeing their tiny faces light up when they tried in accomplishing concepts and reach milestones in there own lives. Many things brought fulfillment to me while working with the children and their parents. The efforts of teamwork with cliental brought satisfaction for me, because I was able to witness learning curves in children and in parents too. For instance, such as learning to put their toys away, learning to hold scissors the correct, learning potty training. learning to cope with separation anxiety on both parties and providing good documentations for the care of each child, in order to have the best interest for both the parent and the child. The best part was being able to work as a team with former coworkers and leadership and the family cliental and each of their loved ones, the children.
Pro érvek
Free membership to YMCA facility because of employment.
Kontra érvek
Sometimes their were no breaks and not enough hours as part time employee
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun and enjoyable job
caregiver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2014, november 4.
i clock in and go to either the teen room or youth watch and watch and interact with both parents and kids, and i have several supervisor which have taught me and act as my mentors which have made me a better employe day by day.
Pro érvek
Very laid back, and fun to work with empoyees
Kontra érvek
sometimes there will be alot of kids that will make you tired by the end of your shift.
Productive and Fun
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2014, július 17.
Very productive and influential place of work. I discovered my passion for teaching and took away years of learning and understanding how to teach children of all ages how to swim.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun volunteer with the kids
Associate Child Care Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2014, június 6.
Help supervise kids with Bible Class
About how to be patient with kids
Supervise different activities
Other volunteers work together good
Had to displince kids
Interacting with the kids
Free Field Trips
Kontra érvek
Deal With all types of kids
Internship
Intern (Volt alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2013, november 14.
Internship for graduation requirement. Very fun place to work. Diverse workforce and membership base. Meet a lot of great people, both co-workers and members.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van