Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: White Plains, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
White Plains, NY21 értékelés
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 534 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the kids and gaining the trust of the families. As a front desk receptionist I enjoyed meeting new people and problem solving as needed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, nice people and very friendly atmosphere . The supervisors were excellent to work for and I learned quite a bit from the management team
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really like the culture at YMCA but they need better investors/backers to work in this competitive market. I would like to see more modernization of equipment and a real working wage for workers.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did not enjoy working here. More often then not their would b problems that would be swept under the rugs. It's not until parents complained that they would do something. Other counselors were under a lot of stress and weren't paid as much as they should have been.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
TALL PAUL! if you ever meet him nicest guy ever best managaer 10/10

um. i watched people's bratty kids for 5 hours a day.. .what do yo uwant me to say about that that isn't self explanitory?
easy peazy job.
working with brats.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was great experience for me to work there at the time and it had its pros and cons. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and my boss was great. I just started college at the time so it was a great way for me to make money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, I really enjoyed working for the YMCA summer day camps. I appreciate that they try to give children of all backgrounds the chance to have a fun summer camp experience. As an education student, working at the YMCA also provided invaluable experience working with children and learning various group management techniques.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being able to form friendships with campers and co-workers. I enjoyed the community environment and sense of camaraderie between the campers and counseling staff.

However, sometimes camp was not as organized as I would have liked (in terms of planning activities, logistics, and communication between management and staff). Additionally, the campers did not always listen to counselors and could be loud or difficult to manage.

Overall, I would say that working at the YMCA was a positive experience and I learned a lot from my time there.
Pro érvek
Experience working with kids, field trips, sense of community
Sometimes disorganized, difficult campers
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been a part of the White Plains YMCA for all of high school with the Leaders Club. Everyone is very generous, and the staff make you feel like you're at home
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got to meet great people everyday and watched people overcome obstacles and challenges. Working with children in camp gave me so much joy to watch them grow and learn.
Pro érvek
Imprint positive reinforcement in the lives of young people
It could be challenging
Munkahelyi kultúra
Showing all children how to properly learn many different tasks such as cleaning up after themselves, sharing, asking politely, and just to be nice to one another.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I can't even begin to tell you how rewarding it is to work for such a forward thinking organization that puts employees and members first. The new leadership is very creative and you'd never know you were sitting next to them, they don't wear their titles at all, very down to earth. Making positive changes in big ways. Things you might not be able to see every day but they have a lot to do to a building that was very neglected. Very community focused and passionate!
Community Driven, Lots of Perks
Kontra érvek
People dont know whats in there they think NYSC and Planet Fitness are the better deal!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there for a summer supervising young children. Learned much from the job and it was very enjoyable. Wouldn't change anything.
Works with kids
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the White Plains YMCA involves addressing the needs of our participants billing inquiries. I learned a great deal as it pertains to servicing customers, data entry software, financial record keeping software, as well as sharpened my knowledge in the accounting field. There has been a great deal of turnover in the time that I have been with the YMCA. I have made sure that I am flexible adjusting to the changes as they occur. My current position relies heavily on the efficiency of the receptionists. I would say the hardest part of my job is establishing clear communication between the receptionists and myself due to the team of receptionists' schedules consistently changing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with so many different people. This facility hosts an array of people for various activities from all ages and backgrounds. That keeps the atmosphere exciting because you never know who you may meet. It also creates a fast pace environment, that teaches its employees to be read for any situation that may arise.
Pro érvek
Flexible vacation days and a great healthcare plan
Frequent employee turnover
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sad to leave but the program has gone downhill since administration change. More concerned with profits than the children and families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has been an amazing learning experience. I have gained many hours of supervisory experience and made connections with other YMCA's around the country. The directors were always very happy to help and support the staff. I enjoyed working with the members and children, more recent management has changed the feeling of the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has been an amazing learing experience. I have gained many hours of supervisory experience and made connections with other YMCA's around the country. The directors were always very happy to help and support the staff. I enjoyed working with the members and children, more recent management has changed the feeling of the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with kids its always fun, and productive. You learn how to be patience, you learn how to manage kids, and do recreational activities with them. I used to help them study, do their homework.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a nice environment to work.. As someone who is trying to find themselves in career wise this a good place to start with
free gym
Munkahelyi kultúra
the company overall taught me to be more social.. its a family compnay.. I met alot of people while i was teaching.. it also made me fall in love with kids Although it was hard soemtimes to work with tough parents but i did enjoy it
Pro érvek
you get to work with children
Munkahelyi kultúra
provide members and non members with the highest quality Ymca service as a:

Fitness instructor

Personal Trainer

Coach

Gym Party host

member safety
great community service opportunity
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
management was no good. did not like the job. but i liked my co-workers
everything