Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Wetumpka, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Wetumpka, AL16 értékelés
16 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 083 értékelés megtekintése
Pretty cool workplace
- I learned how to communicate better with others, how to start and sustain friendships, and how to be more confident with myself.
- The hardest part of my job was the hot days and the early mornings.

- Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the smiles on the kids and counselors faces.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A community recreation center with helpful staff
I worked here as a youth summer camp counselor and would consider it to be a very high energy, fast paced work environment. The most challenging part of this job was keeping large groups of children occupied during recreational activities, which I accomplished with the help of my coworkers.
Best job!
Loved my job at the YMCA, loved the environment and the staff! Loved getting to interact with the kids and families! Great job for a high school/college student
Great Starter Job
Working there was a great experience. Especially coming from having no working experience. This job showed me the ropes to actually having a job. It also taught me time management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place for part time
I had a lot of fun with coworkers during my summer. learned a lot about chemicals, safety, and CPR. all in all was a great time. Management is set in their way, unable to communicate professionally
Breaks
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great experience
I worked as a councilor at one of the YMCA camps. I enjoyed everything I did there. It was truly a life changing experience. I would recommend it to anyone willing to do it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and easy place to work
I really enjoyed my time working here. All of the management was great and everyone was extremely easy to work with and we all worked well as a team. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy Job and really laid back
Fun place to work and the people are nice. It's hard to get paid more. I loved this job for the most part. The hardest part is finding something to do when you have done everything.
Laid back
No advancements
Best job I ever had
This was probably one of the most enjoyable and rewarding jobs I ever had.
Very well managed.

Coworkers were friendly.

Overall just a great place to work.
3,0
Culture Shock
If you are willing to make work your life and commit 15-21 hours every day, 7 days a week to operate the culture of this camp, then this is the place for you.

General summer camp operations can be hectic at any camp, and a director must be ready to face any situation head-on. However, most resident camp cultures allow the summer to be occupied with solely summer resident/day camp operations. Our camp was constantly shared by day, week, and weekend groups, who we had to give priority to, and couldn't be satisfied because of the camp operations happening around them. There were too many managers managing each other, and subordinates were allowed to make over-riding decisions in their departments, as well as talk to supervisors however they wanted, because of their long-time experience as campers.

Overall, I'm a family man. I'm an extremely hard worker. I think working as many hours as I did, up to seven days a week, but no less than six days a week, all year long, proves how hard anyone is willing to work. It's time to find a new career, where working hard in a more structured setting, with time allowed every evening and on weekends to spend with family and loved ones, is acceptable, normal and allowed, and where supervisors can actually be and feel like supervisors.
Pro érvek
Living on-site, meals, enjoying the lake
Insufficient management, extremely long hours, on call 24/7
Munkahelyi kultúra
A very fun place to work!
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am and ends at 10:00 pm. I began by waking the children up and preparing them for breakfast then we would come back to the cabin prepare them for the day and send them to their various activities! I would then go help out at certain activities such as horseback or waterfront. We would reconvene for dinner around 6:00pm and then proceed to our cabin night activity then showers and bed!
I learned how to handle the many personalities that children possess. I was able to learn how effectively manage those children who were afraid of the dark or homesick.

My co-workers were fantastic! They always were willing to help me out whenever I needed it!

The hardest part of the job was watching my kids go at the end of the week! As a counselor, you bond with these kids because you are essentially their parents for the week. They become a huge part of your life!

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time as a cabin! It was always a time filled with a ton of laughs and jokes!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive & fun workplace with ping pong table
Worked with campers from all socioeconomic backgrounds.teaching them and helping them learn to be responsible and caring members of society.
Free lunches
Kontra érvek
Breaking up fights between campers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good first job, I loved helping the kids everyday.
• Supervised campers, ages 15-25, daily
• Created and organized several different projects and activities for campers

• CPR trained certified

• Responsible for campers safety
Pro érvek
Worked with kids, helped them have a great time everyday.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks and co-workers not working as a team, only made minimum wage.
Fun workplace
I would come in and gather all of my kids, and we'd do morning devotionals. Then we would leave and do a variety of different activities throughout the day. I learned how to be patient on this job. My co-workers were great, and we all loved what we did. The hardest part of this job was waking up super early. The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to be a positive role model to kids.
Love
Working with children is a great passion of mine. Coming out of high school and teaching children excellent skills such as sportsmanship, made me feel accomplished at the end of the summer program.
ymca
Program helps students overcome learning disabilities; Demonstrate listening and communication skills; Aids students with class work and homework; Influences student’s mental and personal development; Challenge students to improve test scores
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés