Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Covina, CA

12 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Supervise Children
The goal of the program is develop the children character and to help them achieve success educationally and personally. The most important component of this job is supervision and helping the kids have fun.
Wonderful
Working with kids is always fun , they bring nothing but joy. Sometimes they say things that must be reported and that’s the only downside of the job. Other than that I would highly recommend
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great team players doing a great service to the community!
The YMCA is a great place to work, they offer great leadership, great structure, and provide a rewarding service to the community. I worked for them in a time that the CEO was frivolously causing the business to deteriorate, luckily Orange County stepped in and took over what was left. Watching site after site being closed was heartbreaking and devastating to me, as well as the community. I do blame the one individual and the board that stood behind him, although it's saddening I still believe in YMCA and the characters they are helping to build. Many great men and women have worked for the YMCA, all become family.
3,0
not happy
I was paid little and asked to do a lot of things. the program was great working with the children, however the compensation did not fit the amount of work you were asked to do.
fun workplace
everbody is great. the care about there employees and do a lot for the community. they are willing to teach what you do not know. the people are great.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and rewarding work environment
I enjoy working with the students and staff in the YASES program. Everyday is different and you learn different things about the students and yourself.
Good part time gig.
The pay is okay for being a part time gig. You also get holidays off. Whomever your supervisor is totally shapes your experience. I've had great sups and lousy sups.

The lousy sups are usually people who didn't go to college and have a chip on their shoulder that their subordinates are mostly college students.
Time to pursue school
Red tape
Munkahelyi kultúra
A really great place to work. The staff is helpful and the kids are excellent, teaches you how to stay organized and how to work with children.
The position has helped me to stay organized with my lesson plans, maintain frequent communications with fellow teachers and supervisor and, most importantly, learn about about my kids. It's my first time working with kids and it is a really great place to start if you plan on continuing to work with them! The hours are short so that's the only downside, other than that it's a wonderful program!
Pro érvek
Great kids, great staff, frequent staff meetings, safe and comfortable workspace
Short shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work would be setting up tables and the scoreboard, greeting parents and children. My coworkers were very nice and i learned a from them. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids faces when they scored a basket.
3,0
Alright
It was alright my boss singled me out for events that i wasnt even there for. when she left the program got better and i was even given the employ of the month award twice until my old boss came back and within two days was written up for insubordination there was no back up to her claims or events to show what i was accused of. left as soon as i found a better job. Also was denied my 6 month and 1 year raise even though i got a good performance review from parents and main director.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun way to interact with kids
This was a volunteering job so i learned that working with kids is not an easy job to do but i enjoyed taking care of them. The other volunteers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when some kids would run around screaming but i have little cousins that do the same so it was no big deal. Overall the kids i was taking care of were cute and easy to handle.
free ice cream
no breaks
fun place to work
working with children is always rewarding. hardest part is the lack of hours offered. there are no benefits for the program specialist. the management is easy to approach but hard to ask for opportunities to move up. coworkers are awesome everyone willing to work together.
afternoon hours
part time only
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés