YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Chester, PA

30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 835 értékelés megtekintése
A good job
Head Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2019, október 24.
The YMCA is a good place to work. The facilities are very nice. Being a lifeguard is not a very difficult job, per se, but it is not a job you should consider if you don't want to care about your job. You should always be paying attention and doing the best you can do. The Y ensures you are upholding certain standards of professionalism/knowledge, which is important for a job like this.
Great working environment
YMCA Member Services Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2019, június 30.
The members and staff will make your day. YMCA is a great organization to work for. They truly care about their employees and will treat you like family.
1,0
watching children
ymca child watch (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2019, június 16.
had to keep eye on all the children to make sure they were playing safe
learned how to be take care of a situation the right way.
hardest part of the job is when the children how had to leave the playground site
nothing
both
2,0
People are great.
Certified Personal Trainer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2019, február 17.
Being a personal trainer you basically set your own schedule on clients needs.

The place is upbeat and positive, but the pay is not enough for the effort/time I put into my clients.
People
pay
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Could be a great place to work if everyone was on the same page.
Customer Service Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, július 11.
A typical day did not exist. Every day was different. Management in each of the different departments did not have a clear understanding of how the department should be run since the overall mission of each department would change on a monthly basis. The YMCA in theory is / was a great place to work as it provides people that are not financially able to afford a product such as what the YMCA provides a chance to have access to that type of thing. It can be a great family center. The down side is that the YMCA is still stuck in a very old fashioned mind set, and as much as they say they would like to change to compete with current programming from competitors, their actions speak otherwise, and management isn't knowledgeable enough to see that.

I'm sure that not all YMCA's are like this, as just in the case of the area this YMCA was in, every single YMCA functions completely different.

Workplace culture came off initially as relaxed, fun, and exciting however, became very cutthroat and backstabbing from other coworkers. Hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself but managing all of the nuances of the other employees around you so that you made sure you didn't get thrown under the buss. Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help others, and work with people in a way that you saw a real difference being made in their lives. THAT, is what it should have been about at the YMCA. Not the other nonsense.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace if you enjoy your job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, június 22.
Lifeguarding at the YMCA was a good first job for me. It taught me the values of having a job for the first time and it was overall a pretty good job with decent pay.
Flexible hours, free YMCA membership
Bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Caring and hardworking environment
Teachers assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, június 12.
I really enjoyed my time working in the YMCA. I was able to learn new skills and meet other great staff members. The atmosphere was very upbeat and cheerful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive environment where employees are well trained and held accountable.
Childcare Provider (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, május 9.
During my time at the YMCA, I worked 8-hour camp days, 4-hour aftercare days, and 4-hour daycare mornings. My coworkers actively tried to build the Y into a community. Management ensured that their staff was well-trained. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching children reach goals throughout the school year and summer camp.
Free lunch Friday, free gym membership, CPR/First Aid training
short staffed
Good place
Custiodal supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, április 23.
It is a good place to work but I hate third shift it feels like I have no life ,but the benefits are good they givre you family membership for free if you are full time and the people are great
Great benefits
3 shift
The culture is great!
LEAD WELLNESS ASSOCIATE (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, február 10.
There is room for growth at this organization. The culture truly was enjoyable to be around and fun.

Emphasis was always placed on honesty and providing the best member service.

I would recommend employment here for career growth.
Lower Compensation
Loved my experience
Outdoor Pool Membership Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, február 1.
I worked at the YMCA for over 4 years through High School and into College, I absolutely loved my Co-Staff members and the management. The members were a huge reason I would come back every summer
It was okay
Childcare Provider (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2018, január 25.
It was always very stressful. The told me to come back from college and work, but when I emailed them they said they had no spots open. I then contacted a friend and he told me he was working triple shifts.
A job
Stressful
wellness attendant YMCA
Fitness Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, december 23.
A typical day at the wellness center consisted of greeting and helping members. Demonstrated how to use the gym equipment properly. I learned a lot about which exercises work on which muscle groups.

Most if not all jobs I've had previously I ended up the manager very quickly. the managers at the YMCA were just learning and I believe they felt threatened by my experience.

I loved working at the YMCA especially helping and encouraging members of all ages to exercise.
loved working here.
HEAD TEACHER (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, november 6.
I enjoyed making lesson plans and watching the children grow. I was there for years and worked well with my coworkers and management. I wish the compensation was better though.
long breaks.
compensation
Great work environment
Child Watch Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, szeptember 24.
Typical day at work is the front desks greets you and sign you in. Then you would clock in and go to work. Hardest part of the job is when kids don't listen. The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids and how they love to swim and the other staff workers. The workplace culture is mixed between different people. Management is flexible on work schedules. I learn knew teaching strategies and being patient with the kids I teach untl they get the skills needed down.
Free membership
Healthcare
It was alright
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, szeptember 4.
I personally didn't mind working here, but if you're looking for an environment to equip you to further advance in the company just know that they play favorites pretty intensely.
Free membership
Management isn't good
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Ymca
Lifeguard & Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, június 27.
Very easy to work at and everyone is super friends. When changes happen it wasn't to hard. The Boss where the best and acted like you friend so when something happened you wanted to help them. The YMCA was like a family we all got along.
the job is ok
Snack Bar Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2017, február 10.
the job is pretty good. the management is pretty bad. I try to communicate with the boss and would get a response back way too late. Otherwise everything was great.
meet new people
management sucked
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Great
Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2016, augusztus 18.
Great, the people there cared about the betterment of your life. Very helpful with my job process and my basketball career. Treat you like family and I will forever be thankful for the Ymca .
Caring people
Gained Experience with Wide Age Ranges
Child Watch Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, PA2016, április 22.
I was able to acquire the knowledge and experience to safely care for children from 3 months to 14 years. I am confident with my ability to care and provide a safe and nurturing environment for all ages.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van