Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Chester, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
West Chester, PA32 értékelés
32 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 636 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is insignificant. After paying for releases and certifications. I’m lucky if I break even :)

Benefits - gym membership and youth discount is a big deal.

This is a happy place and I work there for a cause. Not for money. Helping people is my passion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the Y for the last year. The directors at my branch were mostly well respected and kind, and my coworkers were some of my best friends. You really get to know the members and learn to love (and hate) some of them. The hardest part of the job is camp season. It tends to be stressful and a little disorganized, but you get through it. Overall, this is a great place to work.
Free gym membership
Always short staffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work closely with members to help them reach their fitness goals. Positive work place and employees work together as a team to make sure members are satisfied.
Exercise with members
not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a good place to work. The facilities are very nice. Being a lifeguard is not a very difficult job, per se, but it is not a job you should consider if you don't want to care about your job. You should always be paying attention and doing the best you can do. The Y ensures you are upholding certain standards of professionalism/knowledge, which is important for a job like this.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The members and staff will make your day. YMCA is a great organization to work for. They truly care about their employees and will treat you like family.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
had to keep eye on all the children to make sure they were playing safe
learned how to be take care of a situation the right way.

hardest part of the job is when the children how had to leave the playground site
nothing
both
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a personal trainer you basically set your own schedule on clients needs.

The place is upbeat and positive, but the pay is not enough for the effort/time I put into my clients.
People
pay
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day did not exist. Every day was different. Management in each of the different departments did not have a clear understanding of how the department should be run since the overall mission of each department would change on a monthly basis. The YMCA in theory is / was a great place to work as it provides people that are not financially able to afford a product such as what the YMCA provides a chance to have access to that type of thing. It can be a great family center. The down side is that the YMCA is still stuck in a very old fashioned mind set, and as much as they say they would like to change to compete with current programming from competitors, their actions speak otherwise, and management isn't knowledgeable enough to see that.

I'm sure that not all YMCA's are like this, as just in the case of the area this YMCA was in, every single YMCA functions completely different.

Workplace culture came off initially as relaxed, fun, and exciting however, became very cutthroat and backstabbing from other coworkers. Hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself but managing all of the nuances of the other employees around you so that you made sure you didn't get thrown under the buss. Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help others, and work with people in a way that you saw a real difference being made in their lives. THAT, is what it should have been about at the YMCA. Not the other nonsense.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarding at the YMCA was a good first job for me. It taught me the values of having a job for the first time and it was overall a pretty good job with decent pay.
Flexible hours, free YMCA membership
Bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed my time working in the YMCA. I was able to learn new skills and meet other great staff members. The atmosphere was very upbeat and cheerful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
During my time at the YMCA, I worked 8-hour camp days, 4-hour aftercare days, and 4-hour daycare mornings. My coworkers actively tried to build the Y into a community. Management ensured that their staff was well-trained. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching children reach goals throughout the school year and summer camp.
Free lunch Friday, free gym membership, CPR/First Aid training
short staffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to work but I hate third shift it feels like I have no life ,but the benefits are good they givre you family membership for free if you are full time and the people are great
Great benefits
3 shift
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is room for growth at this organization. The culture truly was enjoyable to be around and fun.

Emphasis was always placed on honesty and providing the best member service.

I would recommend employment here for career growth.
Lower Compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the YMCA for over 4 years through High School and into College, I absolutely loved my Co-Staff members and the management. The members were a huge reason I would come back every summer
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was always very stressful. The told me to come back from college and work, but when I emailed them they said they had no spots open. I then contacted a friend and he told me he was working triple shifts.
A job
Stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the wellness center consisted of greeting and helping members. Demonstrated how to use the gym equipment properly. I learned a lot about which exercises work on which muscle groups.

Most if not all jobs I've had previously I ended up the manager very quickly. the managers at the YMCA were just learning and I believe they felt threatened by my experience.

I loved working at the YMCA especially helping and encouraging members of all ages to exercise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed making lesson plans and watching the children grow. I was there for years and worked well with my coworkers and management. I wish the compensation was better though.
long breaks.
compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work is the front desks greets you and sign you in. Then you would clock in and go to work. Hardest part of the job is when kids don't listen. The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids and how they love to swim and the other staff workers. The workplace culture is mixed between different people. Management is flexible on work schedules. I learn knew teaching strategies and being patient with the kids I teach untl they get the skills needed down.
Free membership
Healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
I personally didn't mind working here, but if you're looking for an environment to equip you to further advance in the company just know that they play favorites pretty intensely.
Free membership
Management isn't good
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very easy to work at and everyone is super friends. When changes happen it wasn't to hard. The Boss where the best and acted like you friend so when something happened you wanted to help them. The YMCA was like a family we all got along.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the job is pretty good. the management is pretty bad. I try to communicate with the boss and would get a response back way too late. Otherwise everything was great.
meet new people