Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: West Bend, WI

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
West Bend, WI20 értékelés
20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 420 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I highly recommend working for the YMCA
Thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday

Great people to work with

Awesome culture

Opportunities for self improvement
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won’t move up in the company no matter how many years you have worked there and experience you may have. Don’t waste your time doing extra training and getting more experience because they won’t give you a pay raise or move you up.
Free ability to exercise
Kontra érvek
Little pay for large work load.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization to provide programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body. One of the largest organizations in Washington county.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great staff members. Can get busy, but was always fun. You only work/volunteer for a couple hours a day.
You get some benefits as well, one of them being a YMCA membership.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely love working for the YMCA. I am primarily in the School Age/Day Camp Program, it is so fun. It doesn't even feel like work because you are having fun while doing it. The kids you work with are great, some I've got the chance to know over the years. They look up to you and love learning life skills. You have supervisors who genuinely care about you and your well being. They are willing to train you and help you succeed. The co-workers are amazing, I've never had an issue. It is like one big family. The pay isn't much but it is great for a first time job, summer job, or a job until you find your dream job.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the Y! I wish the management was a bit more appreciative of their employees but the staff is super friendly, kind, and caring! It’s a great place to meet new people and also to relax, swim, work out, and very family friendly!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is always so much to do. You never end up going the same thing all day. Basically you just have to do what your boss wants you to do. There is usually a lot of cleaning to be done as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would answer the phone, greet and welcome the guests,
register the guests for classes, direct them to where they needed to go,wash and fold the towels, hand out and take keys for the lockers,
Pro érvek
lunch was in a break room
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Our boss would tend to not fallow licensing requirements. She was very unorganized and that would reflect on the childcare center and the people who worked there. I would also work full time hours with no benifits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for a company like The Y. The staff was very supportive and I enjoyed collaborating with my co-workers. Unfortunately the compensation was not realistic for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
makes you feel like family, encourages you to be better then when you walked threw the doors! You gain so much working there. The members are amazing!! I taught group fitness age range from 18-90 years of age and every one had a story, everyone was on a different journey and it was brilliant!!!
Pro érvek
Free membership plus a low rate on family membership
Kontra érvek
Group fitness instructors are part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
No day is ever the same. Always something exciting happening. A great place to work if you prefer to be active in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a must.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would go into work and the room, where we punch in and that our mail goes to, is always locked up, so that provides full security. The management are very patient and caring with their employees and guests, however the employee's form cliques and for those who don't "fit in" will be left as outsiders. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to do what I love and work with the kids. What I learned overall is that kids should be in a happy and healthy learning environment because this is really beneficial to their mental growth.
Discounts/Management
Employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked around 4 hours a shift. Not a lot of hours. Management was great. Sometimes stressful knowing peoples lives are in your hands. Great way to make new friends.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y has been very enjoyable. Employees receive a free membership which I utilize very often! All of the employees at the Y are very helpful and always smiling!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pros
-Gym membership

-fun co-workers

-wonderful first job

-room to change positions and grow

-one of the best places I've worked

-flexible hours

Cons

-some not-so-great co-workers

-management doesn't always understand day-to-day functions

Advice to Management

Pay more attention and get to know your staff.
Pro érvek
You get a free membership with employment, which gives you access to the facility and programs. Lots of fun working with patrons.
Kontra érvek
It is a non profit so you are volunteering at events at times and limited salary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working with the kids at the Y and my fellow employees, but the YMCA does not treat their employees very well. After working there for 4 years as a consistent and loyal employee I only received one $.75 raise and had to beg for another $.50 one. This is a very common occurrence at the Y. They cut corners at every turn to avoid paying employees more than they can get away with. If you are looking for a job in teaching gymnastics or life guarding, I would strongly advice looking elsewhere.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Kettle Moraine YMCA is a great place to work. Staff is supportive of one another and KMYCMA members. It is extremely rewarding, as a trainer, to see clients progress and reach their fitness goals. The hardest part of the job is to see clients struggle and become frustrated, but that gives both the client and me the opportunity to push further and work harder to reach certain goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a High schooler I understand that kids have hard lives between work and school and family. The Ymca is in my opinion a great gym. I have met people here I hope to call friends for years. The hardest part of this job was working with the people that worked there. Many were high schoolers that have little work ethic and the others were adults that looked down upon people in my age group including me. I of course didnt mention the very few that made the job very enjoyable and helped out younger people like me.
free membership
co workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a good place to work if you are looking for a friendly environment, but it end there. The work done there is not appreciated very often and the management does not always tell us what is expected from our jobs. This leaves you either feeling like the job is not being done right or that the job is taking to much energy and you are left with not time. The company does not have good benefits and it pays fairly low as well. There are not many full-time postitions available either. Team work is definitly important and is used universally by all the staff memebers. The core values of the company are good and most of the time upheld.
stable job
low wage little hours
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés