Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Waukesha, WI

10 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 663 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can be very stressful, but has good moments
Working as a camp counselor is always a mix of good and bad. I definitively found some days extremely draining when I would have to yell at the kids so much, but there was other days that were good.
Great part-time college job
The Y is a great place to work of you're looking to earn some extra money. I worked as a lifeguard, and their super flexible when scheduling hours and helping you find subs if you need time off.
Great Co-workers and managers
short/no breaks
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Umpiring baseball games as thought me many things like learning of to resolve conflicts and to claim situations down.
Going to umpire baseball games has helped me learn how resolve unneeded arguments.This could be the sportsmanship from the kids to the other kids, or coaches to coaches, or even coach to myself. All these things has put me in many situations that need different approaches based of the person your talking to or if they are mad or not. If they are mad then you need to get closer to them so you can talk quietly to them and hopefully that will also bring them down to your level so you can talk about what had happened.
Pro érvek
Getting to pick out my hours and getting paid for something I enjoy.
Kontra érvek
After you schedule your game to work at it is very difficult to get off of the game.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Safe productive place where one can have fun or exercise
The YMCA of Waukesha is a productive place within a good community where one can have fun, relax, or work out in any way that one pleases. The hardest part of working at the job is that I had to work all shifts after hours, sometimes including past midnight, since I am a college student who sometimes had to wake up early to get to classes on time.
Positive Working Environment
Good seasonal work experience, operational, and positive teamwork development. Advancement with dedication. Culture is diverse and opportunity to work with Work & Travel individuals from across the world.
Complimentary Tickets, ID is equal to season pass
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good first job, not ideal for career or advancement
The aquatics department is pretty ok, not great, not terrible. As a new 16-year-old lifeguard, this was a great first job. It is not hard, the patrons are nice, it is mostly just glorified babysitting. But it taught me how to interact with customers, to be comfortable enforcing rules and taking command, and how to handle upset/rude customers. However, the safety procedures are marginal at best (good thing there are hardly any emergencies) but for someone looking for a serious lifeguarding job, I would not recommend.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, super nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
Management, preparation for future jobs/careers, wages
Fun and flexible
It was 9-4 ish and it was super fun working with the kids. The summer camp has week long themes like "under the sea" where they play games, do crafts and go on field trips related to that theme.
Free field trips
Pay for certain things
Ymca
I refereed youth sports here. I learned a lot and the management was good. the workplace culture was good too. The hardest part was dealing with parents.
Fun place to work
Pay is way better then milwaukee locations
Meet new people

Free membership

Hardest part is dealing with angry members but most are really kind. Most managers are pretty cool.
FREE MEMBERSHIP GOOD PAY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
NOT ENOUGH HOURS
5,0
Making a differnce
Being able to respond quickly is a necessary task when working in the aquatic environment. Being able to respond quick could result in a life or death situation.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés