Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tuscaloosa, AL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Tuscaloosa, AL20 értékelés
20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 563 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I truly enjoyed keeping the YMCA cleaned for the patrons and the Summer camp kids. I was responsible for emptying all trash, cleaning the locker rooms, gym, and other areas.
Pro érvek
Lots of work to keep you busy
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Benjamin Barnes YMCA is a Wonderful place with wonderful supervisors! I enjoyed my shift, my assigned tasks and the community people who visited the facility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to keep the children's play area clean and made sure the children did their homework and i made sure the parents sign his/her child out and i made sure the children play safe
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very nice laid back fun place to be during the summer! lots of game for the community!Has food and drop of for working parents during the day work hours.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the youth and using my creativity to make camp fun. My boss was caring and understanding. This was a very fun and live entertaing and rewarding place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Tuscaloosa was a fun work environment where everyone promoted each other to do better than their best. It was a place that gave challenges to those who sought them and a place where encouraging members went a long way and was the most important goal.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The internship position involved creating and editing marketing materials and a business plan for the creation of and move to a new facility. Management was understaffed, indirect, often unavailable, and very unhelpful. Position was only for a 3-week internship, and the other 2 internship candidates quit, leaving only me - with little guidance or direction and a huge workload.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They take good care of their employees and the children they serve.
Very friendly environment to work in. Never had a problem with any of the staff. Everyone is on the same page about what your job description is. The best part of the day is seeing the children enjoy themselves with all the fun activities that are available to them.
Pro érvek
You get to enjoy great activities with the children.
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours per week
Munkahelyi kultúra
I don't know that I learned a lot as an intern at the YMCA. I was more of a janitor cleaning machines. It is an easy internship to get if anyone is looking for one though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day of work is a new learning opportunity to further enhance my knowledge on not only people skills but also knowledge on health and wellness. The management at my YMCA is excellent and very caring. They insure that if their is an emergency in the family or if we aren't feeling okay, to send us home. The support system of my fellow coworkers is great and I am more than happy to work along side these people. The most enjoyable part of my day is coming in and greeting the friendly faces I tend to see everyday. Everyone has such an upbeat and charismatic soul here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Moving away when I graduated college was very hard because I loved working for the YMCA in Tuscaloosa. I really enjoyed my job at the Front Desk and helping the clients anyway I could. I really felt like I grew a lot professionally with my time at the Y and I am ready to challenge myself with whatever is next.
Pro érvek
Discounted membership to work out.
Kontra érvek
Far from where I was living.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Engage with members at the YMCA. Write grants. Create Programs. Oversee Group Fitness Coordinator. Oversee Wellness Coordinator. Insure member retention. Grow membership through outreach and retention. Oversee Wellness Facility Maintenance and Cleanliness.

Learn how to grow professionally as well as personally. Learn how to work over a group of people, more importantly learn how to work under authority. Learn how to prioritize my time. Learn how to manage money. Learn how to write grants. Learn how to engage with a diverse group of people.

Great Management

Great co-workers. Learn a lot about how to work with them.

Hardest part of the job is learning to balance administrative tasks with membership retention. Also creating relationships not based solely off of the job title.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with members on a day to day basis.
Pro érvek
free gym membership, great network
Long hours. Tough Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being creative with the youth on the job : games and activities my co-workers are easy to get along with full of energy and will help you in any way. I love making the children laugh and having a good time with them. Choosing a helper for the day and finding new ways to make them behave. I love inter acting with the parents and letting them know how our day was. The Y offer a lot of programs for our youth. When the children are happy I'm happy.
Pro érvek
you get to sit down a lot, and you have control over your class
low pay now benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working hands on with the children. I worked with children of all ages.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked with urban city children, providing a place to have fun and learn at the same time. Worked closely with coworkers and director.
Pro érvek
working with others, teaching and working with the youth population
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job at the YMCA. I worked the front desk and my boss was always willing to help me out anytime I needed. I also enjoyed the members at the Y. Most of them are regulars so they become your friend as they begin to recognize you at the desk. Business is relatively slow, but I still enjoyed the atmosphere.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got a chance to show kids how to excel and be the best they can be.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very active , children come in after school, do there home work , play activites they I plan for the day and get snacks
free snacks
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My typical day at work was watching kids all day. I learned that there are kids out there that come from bad situations and there are people out there that want to help however they can. The management at this particular branch was not very good. My boss did not seem to know what he was doing so the counselors had to come up with what to do on there own. My co-workers were wonderful as we were all college students so we all got along great. The hardest part of this job was seeing that there are kids the have a hard life, it is hard to see when you come from such a great family upbringing. The best part of the job is knowing that you are giving these kids someone to talk to and trust.
free workout and swimming
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a wonderful christian working environment with a lot of potential in various areas.