Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tulsa, OK

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
53 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Like most jobs it depends what location you are put at and what manager you work for. I loved working with the kids and some of my co-workers were awesome.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was supervised by a woman with less education and who would consistently remind me of it. She had me perform extra tasks and work loads that were assigned to her, then take credit for my hard work as her own. I was unable to be promoted any higher within my department so I was transferred and given a much higher work load with no raise in pay.
Culture & Corporate
Work Life Balance, Poor Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
If your money motivated then keep looking elsewhere. If your interested in giving back to the community and earning below average compensation for it then your in the right place.
Flexible hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The negatives far out weighed the positives because of employees and management of the location that I worked at. Bad work ethic environment. Untrustworthy and dishonest employees and management. Very clicky and like high school games going on with staff and management.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I most enjoyed about working for the YMCA was being able to teach and be a leader for the students While also striving to be a great role model. However, one thing that I did not agree with was working with unorganized staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible and worst job to work. They don’t give you enough hours to work. The boss is not reliable to pick on. She always at home never come to help around when needed.
Every work
Horrible management team
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for this company because I got to work with babies and got to teach them and got to watch them grow. I enjoyed working with my co workers they were always willing to help in most situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
So many people working in a facility at any given time and on many different schedules that some may not have even had an opportunity to meet and do so are rare that relationships rarely develop. Personality clashes can happen more often. Others may rarely be mentioned without the intention of anything but gossip, which never helps. It makes encouraging relationships difficult without having a time for open communication and casual conversations shared in an atmosphere that encourages more positive outcomes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a decent job if you are a lifeguard. If you are brand new to lifeguarding then I don’t recommend the YMCA at all. Instead go to the YWCA, the pay sucks and there is only 1 guard on duty at a time but it gives you real life training that you won’t find anywhere else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work for the YMCA as a GO Club advocate. If you like helping children it's a great job, though kids are kids and that can be very stressful. My co-workers and supervisors are amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a Very nice place to work, great environment, shift went fast, respectful coworkers, very nice and kind Supervisor’s, support teamwork, not heavy tasks and easy to do once you learn and practice is a enjoyable place to work
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great mission! Always driving toward helping the community, sometimes too hard. Always asking for more - time, money, emails, projects - the workload is always outgrowing the salary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a lifeguard so I knew what to expect but I liked the community of the y. My managers were supportive and they would help me if I needed it. They were for the most part pretty happy about their job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kids are great but the staff is another story. the camp director is great, but when she tries to push you on the gym floor and say watch the kids more than you already are its kinda stupid. all the staff knew eachother from years past, myself i was knew. No staff counselors asked who i was, what my role was, or what i do at the camp. I only barely became "friends" with another girl who seemed out of place, she was the best part of the camp because she was the only one of the staff who truly talked to me.. I was kicked around from position to position from what i was originally hired to do. i went from running a program to lunch duty, to off campus activities. I felt like I wasn't needed and eventually didn't want to be there anymore. I'd have to leave for my lunch and drop my car off to my boyfriend cause he needed to use it, i'd get back and finish my job but didn't get paid for about 2 weeks worth of after lunch pay cause they never saw my car there. I didn't realize this until the program was over. it was garbage of them to do but i wasn't going to fight it. overall the kids were great just the camp didn't really have anything together.
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has a great community. However, the management was changed too frequently which led to a lot of problems. Also the environment is not as professional as I would like it to be.
Decent breaks
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
This business cares for its employees and it’s customers. All the relationships are personal, and you can clearly see the care and effort the employees put into building good customer trust and satisfaction.
Free membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a camp counselor and I really enjoyed my time there. The kids are great but it can get very stressful at times. This is not a place where you can sit down and be on your phone--this is a very busy and on your feet job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was a fun job and great opportunity to serve the inner-city youth. Some of the managers were organized and others were not. The staff does care for the kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a conducive work environment. Over worked and under paid. Horrible company structure. Company most times than not, hire the people they like, even though that person is under qualified or lack the proper experience. Will often over look those who are qualified, if they aren't close to them. Hard to trust upper management.
Members
Work hours, Structure, Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you aren't part of the executive offices or some sort of manager, you are incredibly expendable and only as important as your use at the time. Lots of training and boasting about culture of organization but very little exhibition of said values or culture outside of part-time hourly employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience as a summer camp counselor over the summer was both challenging and rewarding. I was able to help campers have fun and stay safe through core programs.