Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tampa, FL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Tampa, FL146 értékelés
146 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 563 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Arrive early and be prepared to do what needs to be done. Don't be surprise if things are out place or missing. Smile and look forward to engaging with members.
Pro érvek
fun place to work, laid backed vibes
Kontra érvek
pay increases are every few years
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA was a great environment to work but it paid way too little. I had to take care of more than 30 children at times because we were short of staff. I got paid minimum wage for taking care, tutoring, and entertaining children from kindergarten to the 5th grade. I did not think that was fair. My supervisor on the other hand was the best, she was very understanding and a very hard worker. She always worked as hard as the rest of the staff and was very organized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
ok no bery big deal. too many other things going on and people are not focused on patrons. some patrons are rude but that is no different that any gym
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clocking in making a game plan on how to get the kids more involved going over work assignments.
I learned to listen more and speak when needed.

Management was always professional.

Diverse

It wasn't a hard job.

Being able to work with the youth.
Pro érvek
Meeting wornderful people makeing friends
na
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was an amazing experience, the envirerment was amazing. i think it was a great job but the pay was not amazing there are many things that can be improved at the ymca
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was very relaxed, I was in my own classroom with 15 kids. I love being around kids and helping them learn new things. Also, loved playing with them on the playground.
Pro érvek
Relaxed, and a fun workplace
Short hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
My position as a counselor afforded me the responsibility of helping children ages 5 – 11 with homework, tutoring, planning classes such as music and art as well as supervising during recreational activities.
Pro érvek
I really enjoyed my job, great group of kids to work with, great staff to work with on a daily basis.
Kontra érvek
Difficult and disrespectful kids to work with on a daily basis, management was NOT supportive or helpful when needed, pay was awful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If I could do my job full time I would not dream of leaving. I love the Y as a community outreach, as a place to meet, to build a community by helping families be strong. I love my superiors and the workplace culture is safe, supportive, positive, and team building. Team support is timely, sufficient and fair. It is a very flexible but can be high speed and multi tasking environment because all departments interlace at times especially during the summer with all the programs filling the entire facility with children and families. I love the Y and would love to work here full-time.
Pro érvek
amazing working environment, fulfilling and productive
Kontra érvek
No full time position for my job
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Tampa is a bad representation of a great worldwide movement and organization. In the seven years that I was full time, there was no option for career advancement and nearly every semi-annual and annual review would either be skipped because of upper management turnover or another reason. The culture of the Tampa Y is very much so CYA. There is no team effort or working towards a common goal. This is not the case for all YMCAs, but the Tampa Y has this unfortunate rep of the place "where careers go to die".
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed the children and coworkers and site directors .enjoyed the school and meeting new parents and students and learning new games. Really enjoyed my kindergarteners .
Free YMCA membership
Not enough hrs
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA make me commitment to work with children and young culture .
They support largest communities in order to participate in basketball, gymnastic and other sports. Each day at work ensure to maintaining a clean environment in the place. The hardest part was the few hours working with them because I was a par time and the most enjoyable part of the job was work for the community.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
had a nice tan for the summer but worked many hours in the sun and get a horrible pay check bi weekly. too much responsibility to watch for peoples lives for $8.50. but the job was easy all you do is sit and watch. but you do have to do monthly in-service which is annoying. took a month to get hired because of life guard training and certifcations which had to pay 200 for it . people are fake in ymca, this is not a family, they are fake and managers talk mean things about employers.
Pro érvek
tan skin, just sit and watch
little pay, fake people
Munkahelyi kultúra
My job was to keep and maintain a clean, safe, and friendly environment on and off the pool deck. I also did duties such as check the Ph levels of the pool, maintain all safety equipment is in order, clean bottom of pool, and rotate in a timely manner at each chair position.
15-20 minute breaks
Very Hot, Children Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working with kids so it was a fun experience for me, but it is a place for high school and college students to make some allowance. free gym membership is definitely a perk
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They did not train me but I eventually caught on. I did not receive any pay increases while working here. The staff was fun but management wasn't good.
Free gym membership
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
People often think the y is just about children. What most don't know is that the y is a 4 star charity. The y is about community. At the y, we strive to encourage a healthy lifestyle for the community. Whether it's kids sports, senior activities, personal trainer, or a cancer survivor's free gym membership. We have a place for you.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked for Tampa YMCA not a very good job. Management at main office is ridiculous, and no one cooperates with the employees. Parents are not happy with the way the YMCA has been ran, and some have resulted in pulling their children from the program.
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
Experience has been positive. Need to offer more full time opportunities or provide part time employees with benefits. I would work here part time longer if I could afford daily living expenses.
No Benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helps people to grow in spirit, mind and body. Primary focus areas are social responsibility, health and wellness and spirituality. Provide financial assistance all that qualify.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a very stressful job but worked extremely well around my class schedule. Its a daycare so the kids are very wound up after school, which is why it is tough and stressful environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
strong values for their members and employees, stressful at times but showed adversity through the stress, enjoyable relationships gained and memorable experience