Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tampa, FL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Tampa, FL144 értékelés
144 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 017 értékelés megtekintése
Ideal First Job for Teens
From my experience working at YMCA, having to work with young children and having been dealt straight forward tasks, I would say that working there is an ideal first job for teenagers and young adults looking to ease their way into the workforce.
Fun and interactive
It was fun working with children and helping them grow with the school system. The hardest part was making sure we had the kids all together and timing their day. Was fun with field trips.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, and feild trips
Handling childrens attitudes
Munkahelyi kultúra
I definitely learned a lot.
In my 3+ years experience, I learned a lot.
Most of what I learned was through hands-on experience.

The direct management was incredible but unfortunately there was a lack of resources that caused a downfall of many full-time staff members.

The workplace culture is very vibrant and exciting and makes one excited to come into work!

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rules/regulations as there are many certifications and training that one must go through to become hired and to keep employment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the members and the other co-workers. Although there is sometimes work drama (the majority of the staff is very young) the overall atmosphere is amazing.

I highly recommend it as a first-time job.
amazing atmosphere
Kontra érvek
either you are overworked or underworked
1,0
Be careful
Looks like a good place to work from the outside and with its benefits but you have to watch your back and trust no one. But don't get discouraged, this is not the case with the YMCA as a whole, just the Tampa Metropolitan YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If a great place to work at but very strict on talking to co workers and you have to be quiet and doing your job and you can't speak in low tone because it's rude to others around you. But they are flexible and understanding with emergencies and your personal time.
Pto, Flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
strict on overtime, no talking
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great Environment
My team is great and very collaborative. The members at the YMCA are amazing and make the job even better. A typical day is spent giving tours to potential members and handling situations that people are having.
Fun part for students
a typical work day was actually pretty fun, helping kids with homework and taking them outside to play
i learned about children. i took child development classes and cpr classes.

workplace culture was very laid back and the site directors were very friendly and always willing to talk you and open to opinions

hardest part of the job is when the kids are not behaving.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the overall work environment and the bond you create with the children
Ymca
The Y is a very good company. They do so much for underprivileged kids. The have a great donation program. They raise money for a great cause. They Y is very good to there employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy and expectant, you must be able to get along with your coworkers.
Be a suckup. If you don’t like children, do not work here. Unless you’d be ok with yelling at them all day. Also, the water arobics ladies are all really mean.
Pro érvek
Good first time job, most of the members are very nice.
Kontra érvek
Management is annoying, depending on which department you work for. Aquatics wasn’t very good.
good summer job.
great summer job for kids coming out of high school. organization was a little all over the place but good environment to work in a place were you get to be outside and engage in fun activities all day.
It a fun position
Working in gymnastics was a lot of fun, and I loved all my students. All of my girls were so sweet and after 10 years I can say I still Speak to parents and have an old student babysit my kids now
Experience as a Swim Instructor
Before I did my job interview I did a swim test to see if I was able to swim 6 strokes, freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, sidestroke, and elementary backstroke. After that and the interview, I had to obtain certifications and training. The YMCA I worked at didn't do American Red Cross CPR certification class instead, they used American Safety and Health Institute certification class. You would also have to be swim instructor certified.

Once I finished obtaining my certifications I was able to shadow a swim instructor and how they teach lessons. After shadowing I was scheduled with my own group lessons.

A typical day of work is me coming in and setting up the pool, bringing toys out, signs of what classes are where, and roping off a section of the pool. I would teach a class for 40 minutes, get a 10-minute break, teach another class for 40 minutes, and so on. I would teach either on Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs or on Sat. So I only taught group lessons worked 3 hours twice a week unless I got assigned private lessons.

I would teach all ages, mostly preschool and school age. Time to time I taught adults and teens in a class, or in a private lesson, but it was quite rare. Don't expect to be out of the water and telling the students what to do. Majority of the time you are in the water showing the students how to do the skill. In general, it's good to know what skill you are teaching and have confidence in not only yourself but also your student.

Dealing with parents/guardians is kind of like customer service. You have to update their child on how they are doing,
 - több...
Pro érvek
Discounted YMCA membership, passionate about teaching
Short breaks, upset parents/guardians
glad i worked there
it was good to work there love the kids and the school they work well with the ymca i would go back any time when i get back to working with kids again
Meh
The organization is alright. Death by meeting is a common thread here. Very difficult culture to navigate. You have to ask permission to do absolutely anything.
Really loved the children
YMCA was my 1st real job outside of my where I often babysat children did after school care for children in my neighborhood I was grateful for the work experiences I learned a lot from working there
fantastic place to work.
I loved working at the YMCA, they were organized and I loved to working with children's and able to give them opportunity to development the self esteem .
Munkahelyi kultúra
salary is not good enough
A typical day at The Y you have to answer calls, complains, sale memberships, tour new members. A lot of tasks for the rate. Also you can't sit at all.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Slow-paced/fast paced, collaborative, and productive
Being a lifeguard isn't easy and somedays would be great where others would be a tad bit harder. I am also a swim instructor and I feel as if I create special bonds with the kids I teach which makes my job very rewarding.
Pro érvek
free gym membership, great boss, and amazing co-workers
Pay
it was volunteer work.
I don't know why this site is refusing to giving me the option to say it was volunteer work. i wasn't paid. i volunteered for the job. as for the working conditions, it was a great job, got to hang out by the pool and chill, as long as i gave the kids their wrist bands to help the lifeguards keep track of who should be in the water and who shouldn't.
YMCA was great
YMCA was a great environment to work but it paid way too little. I had to take care of more than 30 children at times because we were short of staff. I got paid minimum wage for taking care, tutoring, and entertaining children from kindergarten to the 5th grade. I did not think that was fair. My supervisor on the other hand was the best, she was very understanding and a very hard worker. She always worked as hard as the rest of the staff and was very organized.
ok
ok no bery big deal. too many other things going on and people are not focused on patrons. some patrons are rude but that is no different that any gym
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés