Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Tacoma, WA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Tacoma, WA49 értékelés
49 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 078 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a good experience for volunteer
People are very friendly and has a fun environment to work in. Everyone was so nice and I enjoy the teamwork and community created there through our program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace and Coworkers are great!
I enjoy my shifts because I am working in an inclusive environment, alongside team players, and I love teaching gymnastics. I love the management team they are good to everyone from community members to employees, everyone feels welcomed and happy.
Not the Best but Okay
The Morgan Family YMCA gave me a lot of experience and helped me grow a little more. It was really fun in the beginning and it was nice to make new friends, but after being there for so long, you tend to see everyone's true colors. I recommend, if one chooses to work here, to be committed to actually showing up, be prepared when your other coworkers don't (it tends to make the job a little harder), stay in your own lane and try not to go above and beyond because it really does not matter to them, and don't stay there too long because it might just ruin you.
Productive and Family-Oriented Work Environment
A typical day at work would include greeting students, taking attendance, organizing and setting up the pool deck and finally spending quality time teaching water safety while implementing the 3 core values. While working at the Y I developed a sense of confidence in organizing lessons, games, and communicating with parents. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of my job as a swim instructor would have to be watching my students learn how to swim on their own and being able to swim safely while having fun.
Great for young professionals
I would have tyo say that the YMCA is a great place for anyone at any stage in their life. Just starting out, restarting, or continuing. It is everything you think the YMCA would be and more.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place
You feel very invited and accepted when you first join the team and throughout your time there. You get paid meetings and trainings, some meetings can be really fun. For example, for my departments meeting we played laser tag to have interaction with our coworkers and then we got down to the nitty gritty stuff after. You can always talk to your boss and they are usually very understanding and really help you feel reassured and help you have a sense of your belonging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's ok, nothing special...
My time at the Y was ok, I was membership desk and i scanned members in, held valuables for members, and at times sold memberships. I learned during my time that Im good at customer service.
discount on membership
Kontra érvek
not really competitive wages, unless you are director of Department.
1,0
Miserable
I am a manager at one of the Washington state locations and working at the YMCA has been one of the most miserable experiences I have had in a while. it's such a toxic environment my specific location has seen more turnover than any other location in its branch including full-time staff I would highly recommend not working here.
pros, free gym membership
depression
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's cool if you have the right supervisor
I worked so hard for the Y and i feel like they have never respected it and I continued to be hit with false promises about pay raises and more hours.
2,0
Bad management/favoritism
If you weren't a part of management, you were treated very poorly. Extra hours were only available if another worker was out of town/needed to miss work and the managers were very sexist in who they chose to like. Diversity was encouraged in worker training but it was very obvious who advanced and who didn't. Overall, poor management and hours, and no understanding for school or other life priorities.
Easy hiring process
No breaks, bad people
Wonderful job experience
My days consisted of teaching multiple short swimming classes and gettin to interact with wonderful children and coworkers. It was an environment that encouraged creativity and having
productive caring company
Management understands work life balance if employees have kids or have life problems to take care of.
Staff members are very talkative towards members and friendly.
Pro érvek
Free programs for certain age groups
Kontra érvek
To much money for a one day entree fee
It was a stepping stone
It was a stepping stone into something better. I learned a lot and the provided a lot of training and advancement but once you hit a certain spot you are pretty much there. but leadership ultimately had me wanting to leave.
free gym membership
Good message, o.k management
Ymca promotes positivity and high goals for the children in the community. Which was one my absolute favorite things about being a counselor! We helped the children seek confidence within themselves.
Message; goal oriented
management turn over
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wonderful company with some flaws
Management believed in me when I excelled. When I struggled, I felt that management didn't support the way I needed. I was told at one point that I needed to either choose good mental health practices (ex: regular exercise) or working. This did not help me in the year I worked in a mid-level management position. I loved the company but my branch but the higher management made it miserable for me once they realized that I wasn't going to discipline my staff in the fashion they wanted. I learned so much as a director and I loved leading a team but in the end, I had to leave for my own personal health and well-being.
Pro érvek
occasional free lunches, lots of training, great bonding experiences
Kontra érvek
short staffed, compensation for lower positions, insufficient continued training for mid-level directors
1,0
Does not recommend YMCA.
I experienced all the -ism during my volunteering with the ymca. There was zero disciplinary actions by the employees on students disrespecting adults due to skin color preferences, racial preferences, and height.

Employees need to be train on diversity and stop influencing bad behavior!
Management and work ethics
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun uplifting child friendly environment
its about making sure everyone feels included and safe and it was fun to interact with the kids and build relationships with them seeing them grow and become more comfortable and happy to be there.
uplifting
not that many hours
Casual and Relaxed Atmosphere
People oriented, great, friendly atmosphere. Great first job, plenty of opportunities for experience. Alot of diversity in the staff, and managers are always willing to help.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and rewarded with free membership.
A typical day involves another staff member and I prepping and opening the pool deck for members and staff for the rest of the day. People are always smiling and happy to come in, and especially when I smile and wish them a good morning. It is always a positive environment, and even when I am down. I know that if I smile it will be rewarding for myself and the member that come into the YMCA.
I have learned that the YMCA is an important place. I have annually donated $120 because I believe in what the YMCA can do for children as well as adults. I have learned how to socialize with people and to make friends, but to also remain professional. I have learned the importance of my role in reflecting the professionalism and friendly environment of the YMCA.

I have seen many changes in management with my time at the YMCA. I have seen both good management skills and bad management skills. Currently a management staff has just left the YMCA and the current management team is working hard to better improve and fill in what was missing all along.

The culture and mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that help healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Core Values: Caring: to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being.

The hardest part of my job is managing conflicts, however this does not happen all that often. There are many times where members also do not respect your authority because a majority of the time, staff members are younger than them.

Over all I enjoy the work I do. I enjoy the people that look forward
 - több...
adequate breaks
no benefits, low income.
Up's and down's
It is a great place to work however, if you work hard at your job you don't get paid what you should. Hard to move up in sometimes when they tell you its possible. Great message and great people to work with all around.
Good part time job
I like the position and would recommend to anyone looking for managerial experience. The YMCA is a great place to grow and develop as a young business professional. Great job!
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés