Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Syracuse, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Syracuse, NY30 értékelés
30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 563 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA strives to be a welcoming and fun filled place for families in the community. The YMCA’s diverse staff and variety of activities available to the public makes them one of the most entertaining and family friendly establishments in the U.S.
Pro érvek
Variety activities and helpful staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Develop positive relationships with members fostering an atmosphere of community.
Responsible for completing daily and end of shift reports.

Assist in the training of and development of new Member Service staff.

Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.

Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.

Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbooks; issuing visitor passes.

Planned and implemented a training program for an indoor rowing class.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to get your foot in the door. It would be better if their was more promotion options. Literally have to wait until someone retires and we all know how long that can be at times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Lifeguard at the YMCA I've gained several skills in leadership, people skills, and the like. However, the main problem is I cannot land stable hours and I cannot get full time anywhere in any department. It's been difficult surviving given as soon as college kids come home on break I'm forced down to 5-7 hrs a week.
nice people, good manager
Kontra érvek
no benefits, not a sustainable job
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Syracuse is a great place to work. The work I do is meaningful and heartwarming. The hardest part of the job is not having enough administrative staff in our office to help with the workload that we have. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the relationships that I have built throughout my time of employment at the Y.
Kontra érvek
Workload/ not enough staff to handle it
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've never worked in an environment as friendly and welcoming as the YMCA. Everyone is willing to help each other out and cheer you up if you need it. Though there isn't much competition to the job, there are a few opportunities for advancement. You also get a free membership to all other Y's and discounted family memberships.
Friendly, advancement opportunities
Low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I provide students with character development, self-empowerment, and conflict resolution skills through African Drumming, and Dance! The most enjoyable part is to see the progression of the students throughout the year!
Pro érvek
Watching the children learn, grow, and perform!
Days off of school!
Munkahelyi kultúra
leadership support For self development & career development opportunity for long-term success. Awesome culture with many opportunities for department and organizational group collaboration as well as organized organized funded events for employee engagement.
Pro érvek
Flexible work hours, great benefits
Kontra érvek
Management organized on boarding process improvements needed
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is not a place to get rich, but it is a place for a rewarding career. You'll be amazed at the stories you'll hear of lives changed until you realize that you've had a positive impact on someone's life as well.
Pro érvek
On-site childcare in many locations
Kontra érvek
Relatively low pay compared with for-profit corporations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They are an excellent company to work for. I learned a lot and the experience was awesome . It’s a great job if you love working with children , teens . I would definitely do it again .
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great place for me to work while I was attending graduate school. My supervisors and the rest of the staff were all enjoyable to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The idea of creating a safe place for the kids to flourish was definitely there. But between lazy management and unmotivated coworkers the concept fell short in the field.
Kids are awesome!
Kontra érvek
Making sure your supervisor does the right thing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at an after school program through the YMCA. I watched school aged kids for about 3 hours a day after school. The program was very laid back, and for the most part we were able to keep the kids busy and entertained. It was a very laid back environment as long as everyone was pulling their weight and getting what had to be done, done.

I left because I felt that my concerns were not being addressed, and I had a hard time getting the bosses to listen and understand me. When I was listened to, I don't felt that I was appreciated for the effort I put into my job. I feel that I went above and beyond what was asked of me regularly and that was not recognized.
Pro érvek
relaxed and flexible hours, easy work, snacks
can be slow at times
Munkahelyi kultúra
hardest day at work is when we have so many kids to babysit and theres only one staff working.
what I learned is that people are really caring at the YMCA and they want the best for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work! Family like environment. Amazing boss- she was so educated and understanding. There are many positions and room for advancement. The pay was better then average. Insurance and benefits package were good too
Great work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job with inner city kids, who don't have all the resources some children might have. So we try to make a productive learning environment, that's also fun. Doing school work they had during the day, and followed by outside or indoor activity
Fun and productive atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Sometimes not enough man power
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teaching while I was in college was a great work experience that pertained to my major. I was thrilled to work with young kids in a teaching environment.
Fun and athletic environment
Short hours
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a OK place to work if you are full-time, if you are part time staff you may want to involve yourself more do to the fact you love what you do as an employee there
Kontra érvek
very bad supervisors their only there for comfort and personal gains, and the are racist thus its not hidden but known if your a minority you wont be treated farinly
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at the ymca has been a roller coaster. I Love what i do here i love to clean and its easy work . the only negative thing i can say its lots of drama in the maintenance department lots of gossip that i would rather stay away from
Free parking
Benefits, Compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good starter job for young people trying to make a few dollars. Potential to make quite a bit of money at a young age if willing to work in the cold, rain,and snow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great co workers, but the location downtown is a mess. Dirty and disgusting, no break room for lunches or breaks. Residents can be creepy.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
low pay, horrible benefits, not a lot of time off