Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Suffolk, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Suffolk, VA26 értékelés
26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 034 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for high school students seeking employment
The Y in my area was pretty unprofessional. A lot of the staff would get into petty arguments. The opportunities for the kids seemed pretty limited.
Family-friendly place to exercise
My days are usually fun and energetic! The staff and families are very kind, and while some days have their stressful moments, the people here are generally very supportive. It's a wonderful first job.
Caring Environment
On a typical day at work, we'd begin the day with opening ceremony, then onto our scheduled activities. While working as a counselor, I learned that patience is truly a virtue. The hardest part of the job, was leaving work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able work with our groups on various challenges that surrounding the theme of the week. (Ex: Dance Contest, Old Town Road Remix Challenge, Talent Show)
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has been a good experience. A great team to work with.
It has been a good experience. A great team to work with. Opportunities to interact with and give back to the community. And an opportunity to grow my skill set and as an individual.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very fun place to work and learn
ive learnd so much working with the ymca family. it teaches you how to handle children with all kinds of backgrounds. and the patience needed to understand any child at any age level.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Working at the YMCA
It was FUN working with the children and staff. However, it was nerve-racking at times and my supervisor micromanaged to the extreme. There wasn't really a hard part of the job just have to deal with minor inconveniences. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the kids.
Free membership
Short breaks
Positve and enthusiastic workplace
The YMCA was a very welcoming environment, with lots of positivity and friendly faces. I learned how to work more collaboratively with my staff members, parents, and the children. It was a great learning experience and there was many opportunities provided there!
Family
The Y is a family oriented establishment. I worked a split shift as a Site Director/team member with the public school system Before and After School Program. The work made me a better more well rounded individual. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was interacting with the kids and their families.
team work
na
Fun workplace
A relaxed job. Highly recommended job for a student in high school. Not a lot of experience recommended. Short hour shifts. Free memebership. Fair management.
3,0
lifeguard
watching people swim making sure everyone is safe in the water ....checking the pool chemicals making sure the pool is clean ..the manager was great friendly
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun working environment
They had an awesome team, they had really amazing structure. They were very understanding and really backed their team up whenever there was conflicts.
Internship
Great internship and gained a lot of experience. Employees are very knowledgeable and helpful. A lot of things for children to do. Great place to intern
fun place
As a teen, this was an awesome job. Got to teach kids the importance of exercise is a fun way. Playing and interacting with kids was a great way to spend my day.
Very Friendly Enviornment
Working with YMCA was one of the most fun job experiences I have had. Working with so many different minds taught communication skills.
productive workplace
Children come to the YMCA to be inspired and grow and we like to have fun while doing that.

Very friendly management

Always willing to help children with day to day obstacles
certifications are always available
Kontra érvek
too long of break in the day and low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA Review (Child Care Counselor)
The job is very good for high schoolers and college kids. The job is part time so not really much hours. Recommended for people who want to work with kids in the future. Co-workers were great . Management was a bit iffy.
Free Gym Memebership, Break In between shifts
Kontra érvek
breaks in between shifts, pay
Fun workplace, Challenging and rewarding
Fun workplace, Challenging and rewarding. It is cause-driven organization that ensures true community development.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for kids getting out of high school
Watching over kids, signing video games in and out for children through the day. Making sure no one gets hurt or sick (prevent bullying) Hardest part is being able to keep yourself busy when no kids are in the room/ dealing with a abundance of children at once with only 1-3 people in the room to help you.
Pro érvek
coworkers, family environment, free membership
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, minimal wage, dealing with misbehaved children for long periods, almost no to little chance to work yourself up, very small raises
Productive, fun, challenging, creative
The Ideal first job for anyone who enjoys being a role model for youth. Naturally children can be difficult at time but as long as you're able to stay in control there is no situation you cannot turn around. The staff are almost always friendly and supervisors are usually willing to work around your schedule.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, fullfilling work, positive environment
Kontra érvek
very short breaks, rare pay raises
Munkahelyi kultúra
Active, positive, and fun work area
Ability to supervise others. Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Coordinate staff schedules to insure proper staff-to-child ratios are maintained during all hours of operation. Enforce late pick-up, and late payment policies and receipt same. Monitor staff performance. Lastly, HAVE FUN and make sure it is a positive enivronment.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
One on one interaction with the kids.
A typical day would be going in at 7AM until about 8:40AM, and in between that time I would set up games for the kids and interact with them before I saw them off to school. I would then return at 1:30PM to ride the YMCA bus to the school sites to pick up the kids. I would return back to the YMCA around 4:30PM and go on the floor with the kids and lead them in games and other activities until 5:45, At that time the kids would have a seat and wait for their parents who had to be there by 6PM.
Pro érvek
One on one time with the kids, able to be hands on with the activities
Kontra érvek
Bad management, not able to really get into the job without having someone over your shoulder or on my back.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés