Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Staten Island, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Staten Island, NY34 értékelés
34 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Ymca is more than a community you feel like you are family. As a lifeguard it made you happy to see the familure faces during your shifts. I have learned a lot working with a team like this. As a lifeguard you are an important part when it comes to saving lives but It takes a whole team to make sure everything goes smoothly when an emergency arrives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The employees are a pleasure to work with, however moving from part time to full time is extremely difficult. Being a college graduate working part time is not a livable salary. There is also no benefits package to pay into.
Good Employees
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, it offers a positive environment. Some of the greatest kids attend the program, and it is a great way to help the children create friendships.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An average day was me sitting by the pool stressed out over people pretty much acting as if the pool was daycare and they could drop people off. No one ever listened and because of this people would get hurt.
Free membership
Constantly disrespected
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
for the short period of time i have been interning at the YMCA Counseling Service, i have to say i feel welcomed. They have truly helped shape me into a better person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA Virtual Y After school allowed me to develop great professional relationships, interaction with the children was always enjoyable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the Y would be to talk to guests about membership and what the Y has to offer. I would also, register members and non members for Y programs. Sometimes it is just listening to members talk about their day.

While working at the Y, I've learned to be patient with people and to listen to what they have to say. I've also learned how to turn a no situation into a yes.

I enjoy working with my co-workers. I increase my learning by watching how they handle difficult situations and applying it to my work ethic. Everyone gets along with one another, which makes the work place a pleasant place to be.

The hardest part of my job is helping people who just won't be appeased. Sometimes I have to learn not to take it personally when they raise their voice at me. This can be challenging.

Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the 3-6 year old children laugh and enjoy being at the Y. I also enjoy know that I indirectly help people make their lives better!
Free Y membership
Kontra érvek
Only allowed to work 19 hours a week and the pay is low.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall great place to work at. Loved the staffs, kids and the parents. The trips and actives made it worth while.Great pay, and the bosses are fantastic. Not one negative thing to say.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I only worked as a camp counselor during the summer. You were able to be outside all day, and if you like children, it can be a rewarding job. However, the pay is horrible (barely above minimum wage), and there is usual in-fighting between the management and staff.
Pro érvek
able to be outside all day
bad pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsible for the physical and emotional well being of a group of 10-15 juvenile campers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA Little Steps Program is an excellent program where kids can gain a understanding and caring support system.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked here for 10 years in various roles. Found it to be a great place to work. Made many friends, contacts and has many opportunities for advancements
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helped people with membership questions and problems, kept space clean. Assisted in security for families and their children.
Pro érvek
flexible hours, great interaction with members, good relations with coworkers and supervisors
Kontra érvek
low wages for part timers, slow advancement in management, sitting in one spot for long hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The employer is fair and easy to work with. Management is efficient. There are never any problems with documentation, payroll or human resources. They communicate effectively are explicit. There are annual appreciation dinners and awards given for the staff. The mission statement is one that aligns with my personal beliefs.