Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Staten Island, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
34 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 771 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Ymca is more than a community you feel like you are family. As a lifeguard it made you happy to see the familure faces during your shifts. I have learned a lot working with a team like this. As a lifeguard you are an important part when it comes to saving lives but It takes a whole team to make sure everything goes smoothly when an emergency arrives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best thing about working at the YMCA is the people who you work with. They really make the culture very family oriented and they really welcome you to the team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good work environment with fun people to work with. management was somewhat supportive. Great customers/members to interact. If you're looking for a fun place to work I recommend the Y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working with kids and my coworkers . People always willing to help you out. The kids are great. The boss is great! Supervisors are friendly. Great work environment.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has opening many doors and job opportunities for me in the oast four years. Specifically working in the school buildings through the YMCA has given me the skills and opportunity to work for the NYC department of education.
no insurance for part-time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy working at the YMCA after school program. The kids are all intelligent and cooperate. My co workers & super visors are always around when I need an extra hand or have a question regarding the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome place to work. Relaxed, no stress, and managers are great! Co-workers are easy to work with. Benefits are good. Good work atmosphere and culture.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its so fun making new friends and being able to work with people you love. Thank you YMCA is filled wit life and is a good experience for young teenagers to discover their working talent
Munkahelyi kultúra
This employer is very flexible with hours and willing to adjust for school schedule. Very friendly environment with employees who are always willing to assist each other.
Munkahelyi kultúra
you're basically working as a teacher for 9 dollars an hour for 3 hours. you have to create lesson plans, basically everything that comes along with being a teacher for extremely low pay. no training is included. they tell you what to do along the way which is terrible since you are working with children. terrible. just terrible.
you're there for 3 hours
Kontra érvek
no breaks but then again you're there for 3 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place. Friendly staff. Not many hand on experiences. mostly busy work, assesments and paper work. Good place to start out. Pay reflects the work load. Very light.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is alright if you need a part time job. Not a place to advance your career. Pay is very low. High turnover rate due to the low pay and the stress of working with children.
Kontra érvek
Pay, management structure, lack of advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a summer camp counselor in training. I enjoyed working with te 6-12 year olds and we all had a very good time. I never had a problem with the people I worked with and management was always kind to me and the children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
watched children between 6 month and 6 years old for a minimum of 2 hours while parents worked out in the gym. I really enjoyed working with the children and getting to know them and their families
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall satisfactory scoring due to low income, non for profit slow working with meeting needs of staff, as far as supplies, etc. great work environment for youth looking to learn how to work in a professional environment. Room for growth.
Pro érvek
Gym membership, helping the community
Kontra érvek
Non profit not a lot of money for up to date technology or enough internet or supplies
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience working for the Y. Very friendly staff. Everyone always looking to lend and offer their help when needed. Management was always understanding of its staff's needs and willing to help with any issues. Lifelong friendships were developed from working at this organization. Learned alot about time management and student development
Relaxed Work Environment, Friendly Staff
Kontra érvek
Lack of growth in company
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA would include. Clocking in on time and checking that all work attire is in order. Checking personal training appointments for the day and contacting clients to confirm these appointments. Run through the programs for each particular client.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a repetitive job and you do not feel as if you are progressing in the job field. The management is constantly changing, I have had three directors in the matter of two years. I enjoy my job but I need to grow in my career field.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working here because I enjoy what I do, however they are not the best at paying their part-time employees. I find it easy to get along with the people I work with but would appreciate a better payment plan. Overall I still recommend it as a place of employment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cleaned the building and took garbage out. Cleaned bathrooms. And make sure every garbage can had a new bag. In it. And cleaned and spills. And had to clean the workout machines
Just working.
Didn't have a day off till 2 months later in the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
My average day basically consisted on supervising the teen fitness center, making everyone was using the equipment correctly, making sure no one was fooling around and cleaning machines. I learned a good amount of information on the equipment and proper workouts. My managers at the time were awesome! They really always looked out for their staff and made you feel appreciated. The place at times made you feel like you were one big family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult members who would break the rules on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the kids.
Good Hours, Free gym membership, Free cpr training
Kontra érvek
Too much nonsense, Pay only average