Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

156 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 197 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's ok if you're only looking to work part time and you're in high school or a senior citizen.
If you have a degree don't work at the Y. You won't get paid your worth and won't move up the corporate ladder either. Basically no room for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
People friendly and a fun environment to work within. Pay could be hire with the amount of hours that an employee is expected to put in. People who work at the Y care a lot about others and it shows.
Hands off supervisory
Kontra érvek
Didn't make a lot of money
Company has great hours.
Its a fun place to work. If you like small classes. Excellent food prep for children at breakfast,lunch. Poor management, high staff turnover rate. Staff is required to do above and beyond without extra pay. No health/ dental even if part-time. Expected to be a team player and step up to the plate without full-time benefits when needed. Poor classroom structures. Many things need to be repaired, odor in basement where kids do projects.
Pro érvek
free lunches, breakfast for staff
Kontra érvek
high turnover staff. high staff teacher/student ratio at critical times early morn late evenings, short&staffed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and busy workplace, many programs are offered
When you walk in you will see many senior citizens socializing. I have learned that Monsanto YMCA has the most population of senior citizens. Management team needs a little work but who doesn't. The co-workers there are team players. The hardest part of the job is keeping employees! The most enjoyable part of the job is socializing with the members.
Flexible job scheduling
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA
Working for the YMCA has given me a great view on working with kid's. I mean kids make you see things from a different point of view in a positive and negative way.
Meeting new family's.
Kontra érvek
Not being a full time job.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Fun organization very flexiable
Love the Y, because my day was not a typical work day. There were a variety of things that needed to be handled throughout the day and week. You get the opportunity to touch so many peoples lives that you don't realize how that effects them.
fkexiablity, family orientated
great work place
had fun working with the kids and making a positive impact on their life. my coworkers were pretty outgoing and open armed to any questions i had. overall love it
Munkahelyi kultúra
To many ups and downs in the uper management
im not interested in providing this information As this may cause me undue stress at my current position. I would like to get past this area and begin a new chapter in my life
Great Place to work
I enjoy the hands on training with children and education. The hardest part is dealing with children's bad behaviors. The co-workers are very welcoming and staff is supportive of goals.
Pro érvek
Close to home, friendly co-workers
Kontra érvek
Minimum pay, no benefits at entry level
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked with children and patrons that attended recreation center
 Taught children ages 5-10 on different techniques, strokes, and water safety
 Trained to provide constant surveillance and take immediate action to ensure safety of all patrons
nice place to work for
Good people work at the YMCA. its a safe place to be and work at and you meet lots of people and interact with them.But at times it gets frustrating
always a fun day
I enjoyed working at the ymca. They help me in some many ways. We had a great work team when things got off balance we as a team figure things out together but the down fall was the pay was not so good
Ymca
On a typical day working for the ymca I would greet children and parents. Assist in preparing activities. Note any incidents or altercation among staff or children. Also educate children on health habits and person habits.
Fun, Good part time job.
no cons
Monsanto Famiyl YMCA
There's so much to say about my time at the YMCA. My most memorable moment would be the time, I read to a group of 5yrs old and watching their faces glow up with excitement, as I read to them a book of their choice. Furthermore, my co-workers were such compassionate citizens, always there to lend a helping hand, even when their hands was tied at the moment. I would have to say there wasn't ever a time on the job that I considered it to be hard. Not at all. All and all, I can simply say that I learned how to manage my breaks well at the YMCA, being there as an intern taught me how to use my time wisely, and to be back on duty as when told. Last but not least, my typical day at work was rather peaceful at times, and others not so peaceful, through it all I wouldn't have it either way.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun and organized place to help better kids with their future
While working from 8am-5pm at the sublette ymca it was a fun place to be and it also was the perfect place in my opinion to learn different personalities and activities of my gifted students, my managers were very generous and my co-workers were sometimes team players. The most enjoyable part about my job was making a difference in a students life and making them happy to come to camp
Pro érvek
teaching the kids, field trips
the weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment to work for
The program that I used to work for was school-aged childcare. I had a split shift and I would plan activities for the children to do.
Swim Instructor
I taught adults and children how to swim from ages 30-2. I came up with different activities for each class, and spoke to the parents about their child's progress.
fun place to work
Cleaning and restocking bathrooms Sinks
Toilets

Urinals

Floor cleaning, refinishing, and polishing (sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and buffing)

Clearing garbage bins

Restocking restroom paper products and other supplies such as feminine products and air fresheners

Cleaning mirrors

Cleaning floors (mopping, sweeping, polishing)

Carpet cleaning (dry method, extraction, steam and bonnet)

Cleaning (vacuuming) carpeting

Cleaning stainless steel and other special surfaces

Clearing lunch room/kitchen

Cleaning tables in cubicles, meeting rooms, etc...

Emptying trash and recycling bin

Unlocking and locking buildings at the beginning and end of the day

Stripping and waxing floors using Floor buffer

Cleaning air-conditioner vents

Crime scene cleaning (requires being fully certified and pay scale starts from $300.00 to $700.00+ an hour[2][3])

Litter picking

Spot cleaning (generally spills - coffee for instance)

Sanitization

Room setups (college/schools, etc.)

Porterage (internal deliveries; movement of equipment or people in hospitals)
Salary meet needs
lunch not free
2,0
Fun workplace
Poor Salary, Lack of organization and instruction, High expectations for a part time position with full time hours. Great people and great work environment. Just a lot for part time position
Youth Summer Counselor
• Counselor for 8 to 10 year old boys.
• Implemented honesty, compassion, respect, discipline, and responsibility during structured classroom as well as during extracurricular activities
2,0
Stressful and unreliable
The job became depressing due to lack of respect the branch provided to youth programming.
I learned how to manage a group of teens.

I enjoy the most about my job is inspiring youth to become better individuals.
The youth and teens
Kontra érvek
How the branch treated the youth programs
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés