YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

156 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 254 értékelés megtekintése
Fun place to work
Membership Administrator (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, május 8.
Overall the YMCA is a great place to work, and the CEO has a great concept for the culture to advance the mission, but some of the people are toxic and the turnover is to high. I learned a lot while there, and thank them for the opportunity, but some of the upper management are not open to change and that will deter the CEO's vision.
Free membership for FT staff, and great 401k
Kontra érvek
Some supervisors prevent staff from advancing where they can, and there is no where to advance if you work in the main office.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great starter job out of college
Integrated Fitness Program Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, április 15.
Great people when work at the YMCA as they put a lot of emphasis on core values. Downside is that you are expected to work long hours and are very much under paid especially if an exempt employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was very fulfilling. This job was much more about satisfaction rather than income.
Group Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, április 7.
The YMCA is an enjoyable place to work. I enjoyed my students as well as the staff members.
The weight room was also a bonus. There was a large variety of machines and free weights. There was always a friendly staff member to help spot members or help them with instructions regarding machines.
Overall, the YMCA provides great classes, fun activities and sports for children, and something for everyone.
Pro érvek
I was paid to work out. This job satisfied my social life.
Low pay.
The song is right!
Member Services (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, február 20.
The YMCA is an amazing place to work, it does not pay any where near to a liveable wage. Other than that the members and co-workers are like family. I wish it paid employess what they are worth, because without the staff there would be no YMCA. I wish they (the high paid big wigs) would realize what an asset the staff is.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
I didn't work here
Volunteer (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, február 7.
I volunteered here so my opinion is more for fun.
Everyone seemed happy to be there and that always adds a nice feeling when going into a business...
Munkahelyi kultúra
The co-workers are great, but the pay is not
Member Service Associate & Y Club Group Leader (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, január 5.
I have been working for the Y for 4 years and it is not worth all the hassle. I have worked as a Y- club group leader and member service associate. First you are underpaid, underappreciated for the amount of work that you do. Then upper management NEVER LISTENS to the employees who they give surveys to and ask "how we feel" about working there. The amount of money I get paid to have people yell at me, cuss me out, get aggressive is astounding, how they can not pay people a decent wage. It's not just part-time who is underpaid either, full-time is too, but at least they get benefits. The only good thing is honestly the people who you work with and flexible hours in scheduling. This is a great second job, for people who already have a full time job.
great co-workers, flexible scheduling
Kontra érvek
barely get a break, low pay, some positions have long hours, stressful
Hard job - few rewards
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, január 2.
This company does not prepare its employees adequately for its role in leadership. Direction, leadership and communication between staff and management is often poor which often results in the sudden turnover of staff and calamity of previous efforts. Hiring is handled in an illogical way which mostly results in a mismatch with employee and job responsibility. This company is about creating volumes of memberships to offset expenses.
Pro érvek
Many nice facilities are available, friendly staff
lack of job security
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Slow paced, great people to work with.
Membership Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, december 22.
A typical day at the YMCA is usually slow and not stressful at all. It has helped me become more compassionate. The best thing to me is creating new relationships. There is not anything that is too hard to handle at the YMCA.
Flexibility
Low compensation
Fun
Membership Service Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, december 6.
Greet Guest? Show them how YMCA is a great fit in their lives. Take guest on tours of the facilitates. Engage in the children activities and have fun doing it.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for a first time job.
Custodian (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, november 30.
The workplace culture is very good and there is no room for advancement. Management takes no responsibility for the employees. The most enjoyable part was my supervisors I worked with, they helped me and listened when I need something specific.
Pay scale never moves!
Kontra érvek
Lots of equitment to use.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
horrible management and low low pay
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, november 19.
they pay minimum wage and require many certs that you have to renew every two years . management allows employees to have phones while lifeguarding and do not have any kind of attendance policy.
Ymca
Membership Services Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, november 19.
great atmosphere to work in, co workers are amazing people of all backgrounds. management as in most companies is not connected with the employees. This causes a high turnover in all departments causing some issues with the staff.
Family-friendly environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, november 8.
Would love to go back but only as part time they don't pay enough for full time work. Although i do miss the free family gym membership (2 adults/2-3 kids).
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice Place to Work. Must have heart.
Teen Supervisor & Youth Sports Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, október 22.
Working at the YMCA is a very rewarding experience. You learn a plethora of different skill sets. Yet due to the low monetary compensation and the direct interactions with people from all walks of life, staff and members, YOU MUST HAVE HEART TO WORK HERE!
Pro érvek
Loan Deferment, fast pace environment, member and staff interaction
wage to effort compensation
2,0
Very Political
Aquatic Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, szeptember 24.
The best part of the job was meeting and working with great people in the community on a daily basis. I loved seeing the regulars and getting to know them. The staff was great, hard working, and ready to support. I really enjoyed seeing these young men and women grow into responsible young adults. The hardest part of the job was the politics. Good people lost their jobs because they didn't "play the game" the right way. There was a lot of negativity in the workplace because of this, and it made it really hard to work sometimes. The positive is that it was the kick in the pants that I needed to get back to school and finish my degree.
Pro érvek
work could be really fun sometimes
Kontra érvek
overworked and no support from supervisors
Non-profit driven by profits
Membership Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, szeptember 12.
They push mission and cause but only care about profits from membership. Not a great culture in terms of keeping employees happy. Rather employee part time staff or pay full time positions Salary/Hourly in order to avoid paying time and a half in overtime. Overwork managers to compensate for the shortfall in talent.
fun
Site Facilitator- Science Gone Mad (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, szeptember 6.
For the most part, it was a pleasant experience. There were a few times that I experienced racism (members were accused of not being allowed in the building).
Watch your back
Aquatics Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Louis, MO2017, augusztus 30.
Low pay, Plays favorites. Many people end up leaving the Y because there is not much opportunity to advance. Minimum wage, part time, no benefits is the typical position. They do offer flexibility... so it is a nice little side job... but that is all the y is good for.. a side job... and a membership...
Flexibility
No benefits, No chance to advance, Low Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Y-care Group Leader (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, augusztus 28.
Working with the YMCA is great! Great opportunities and families! I love working with kids and families. The ymca provides great care for families and takes care of their employees.
Cool and Nice Environment
Health & Wellness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, augusztus 25.
Nice days always just that some Members com in with high expectations.I wipe down all equipment and help Members if need and also answer any questions that are needed .
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van