Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

156 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 206 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's ok if you're only looking to work part time and you're in high school or a senior citizen.
If you have a degree don't work at the Y. You won't get paid your worth and won't move up the corporate ladder either. Basically no room for advancement.
1,0
I wouldn't recommend it
To say the least it was was a very childish work environment as well as much harrassment from co-workers that was not addressed from management. It got to a point where I had no choice but to transfer locations but that did not help.
Pro érvek
Very independent job environment.
Kontra érvek
There was no discipline in the workplace.
1,0
Leadership Needs To Be Visible
Some members are very nice but most are arrogant, rude and have an entitled aura about them. Most of my co-workers work very hard and really care about what they do. However there are a few of my co-workers that come to work only to be on their phones the entire shift or using the company computers to be on websites while customers need help. Management doesn't do anything to eliminate this type of behavior from what I see so it has become a routine. They can't seem to stay fully staffed and I'm beginning to understand why. The building is always clean when I come in to work but I only see two custodians that seem to be the only ones always working like crazy. The property manager doesn't get started working until he has played several games of pool. This is who they hired to care for the building and he gets paid to play pool half the day, wow. I enjoy my job but i don't see anything changing in a positive way. It's pretty unfortunate because I really had high Hope's about this place and friends of mine told me that this was a wonderful atmosphere but I don't see it at all. I'm just glad that I work part time because God only knows what being full time would look like under these circumstances. Their board of directors really need to look into how this location is being operated because nobody should have to come to a job and experience all of this disarray.
Part time
No leadership, No teamwork, gossiping & cliques
Productive fun workplace
I love the YMCA everyone is friendly n loves working together and working towards something keeping the pool safe. The staff was so respectful and everyone had a task that they stuck to
Fun, mission driven
It is a mission driven organization, that is well known. You have a chance to improve your skill set, as there are many opportunities for training and development for full time staff.
Healthy Organization
Wages
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
A little disorganized
I had fun working at the Y, however it is a little bit disorganized, so scheduling the classes I was going to teach was a tad frustrating. Overall a wonderful place, though
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a temporary job while I was still in School.
It was a volunteering job while I was still attending school but I had lunch a break here and there but mostly I was on my feet the majority of the time.
Yes I had a free lunch
10min breaks
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
really enjoyed working with the kids and families
I really loved doing my job and working with the kids! it always made me happy seeing them so eager to learn how to swim or experimenting with the new swim gear! It was also really great seeing parent engagement.
Boring place to work...
If you like jobs that are fast paced and that go by quickly then do not pick this job.
It was actually quite easy place to work, however during the we’re in the pool area it was very slow and made it seem like time was crawling by.
Pro érvek
Free membership to the gym
Kontra érvek
Short breaks and low pay
About ymca
Work was jus ok. Watched patrons swim and made sure people followed rules. I learned different swimming techniques. Management was laid back. The hardest part of the job was staying focused. I can’t think what was enjoyable about the hob
Free membership
Low pay and no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Communtiy Oriented but not up for paying well
I workee here as a sports referee, I worked in blazing sunshine, blistering heat, rain, heavy winds and cold tempuratures, the pay wasn’t great and they could not keep employess forcing the few other employees to work harder and longer hours without break because No one was available to cover the game. The parents are neeve racking they will downgrade your coaching skills any chance they get. Management does not give advanced notice of schedule change, nor planning around your life, and school
Free Memebership
Kontra érvek
No break, weather, bad sportmanship from parents
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company, the embraces the mission
The best thing about the YMCA is that they really embrace their mission statement. It is a fun company to work for, and recently started giving out a lot more worker incentives.
wonderful, fun,and friendly environment
I loved working with the members. I loved coming to work, and I loved all of the staff members.i experienced a lot of new and creative things in the short time of working at the YMCA.
Pro érvek
Friendly environment, and Excellent Learning Resources.
compensation, and hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work environment, awesome staff, laid back job
Working at the ymca at a lifeguard has been a great experience for me over all. The staff is amazing, they are so helpful and understanding. The inservices we have every month are extremely helpful to review of the skills we need for our job. They are not always organized though. They are behind on a few things which is frustrating.
Pro érvek
Free membership, flexible hours, nice staff
Kontra érvek
Unorganized, don’t listen to the staff about schedules
Great Place
Kind Co-Workers and kind management. Easy work and diverse assignments. Great hours. Only one rude co-worker. A cooperative environment. Very peaceful and fun.
Peaceful, fun, good management
Rude Co-Workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, but not very lucrative
The environment and people were wonderful... however, the pay wasn’t! We worked long days, in and outdoors, with young and energetic children for around $7.50 an hour.
Environment, people, free membership
Kontra érvek
Pay, no real lunch break
Good starting job
Managment is kind of sloppy, but other than that nothing is awful and is a good patience builder. If you are are 16 to your early 20s this isn't a bad job at all.
Availability
Loud work environment
Great place to start
Great place to start, large turn over of staff which can make things difficult, a wide variety of responsibilities, lots of change, keeps you on your toes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start a career
Work life balance can be a challenge, but this is a great place for a young professional to start. Being given the freedom to determine your own path is a valuable experience. Tons of mentors and tenured staff around to help guide as you begin a career.
relaxed
working with kids is always fun helping them with their home work and projects while their parents where either working out on in a meeting . just making sure the kids stay ahead
laid back
not woking enogh
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lovely to place to work.
A good place to work with a great boss and good coworkers. A place good for clients to come for everyday activities of everyday living. A nice place for a retore person to work.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés