Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
St. Louis, MO161 értékelés
161 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 410 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I havnt had any problems working since over been here the process has been great and I really enjoy the educational classes and learning a lot of new things
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA does have good training policies and standards but the pay should be a lot better than what it is and I need a lot of management support and I need to evaluate Summer Camp staff before they are hired
Munkahelyi kultúra
the hours are good when you are going to school. but the pay is every 15 days which is not really good if that's your only job. but you do feel good when you work with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work 12 hrs a week - my choice. Pick the days/hours you want to work. Y provides t-shirts. No jeans. No short-shorts.

The afterschool program is 6-ish a.m. to 8-ish a.m. Monday thru Friday. AND/OR 2:15 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Elementary aged kids. Helpttw/homework
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed a wonderful career at The Y. I have worked in several departments at multiple branches, and all were great learning opportunities. Through my experience at The Y, I have learned a great deal about child care, classroom management and working with a team.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y was a lot of fun it never actually felt like work. Just to know your making a difference in a kids life, that feeling you get there is nothing like it.
Pro érvek
Getting paid to have fun
angry parents
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you have a degree don't work at the Y. You won't get paid your worth and won't move up the corporate ladder either. Basically no room for advancement.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I learned from working at the YMCA is kids are super creative I always have to come up with new and more fun activities to keep them engaged be at sports or art
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for this company was nice. Although, the people I worked with while working before and after school care, would sometimes talk about the children, in not always the nicest way, which I didn’t like. The children were amazing, there was always a clear schedule of what to do, which is something I liked
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been working at the Y for several years now. It's a fun place to work. Great coworkers and you build relationships with the members that come in on a daily basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced, family orientated, diverse, inclusive, great benefits, room for advancement, balanced, community minded.
Great facility for fitness and rehabilitation. You can see the youth mature and grow in learning.

The Y is a place for all people, young, old and very diverse.

At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure they feel welcome.

When communities get better, the world gets better. Discover how we positively impact the nation—and how you can help us—one neighborhood at a time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job didn’t want to work with giving me a raise after working there for 3 years and knowing cross training I moved further away and I begun to use more gas so even asked just for a dollar raise and couldn’t get !
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The headquarters was always slow to do anything. Would be acused wrongfully by other employees. Manager would not let you move up in the ymca system. Will fire people with no reasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day working at the YMCA is pretty easy. My job is simply to tend to children while parents participate in activities around the facility. There isn't exactly anything that is hard about my job. I enjoy interacting with childen and making sure they have the best time at the YMCA
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Christian organization but not an organization of christians. The true heroes get no reconnection. Awards are given to friends not the dedicated staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although I loved working here, I feel like I was underpaid as a housekeeper mainly because I was the one that made sure the facility was spotless while others slacked at responsibilities. I feel that I was wrongfully terminated because I found my uncle dead and it traumatized me so I was having a mental break and they fired me 2 days after I found him dead.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From personal training to fitness classes the YMCA provides a fun and challenging environment that keeps clients coming back. Places an emphasis in creating a community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA was very rewarding and you got to meet a lot of nice people. I learned that you have to be very patient with people and that all people should be treated equally. Now the hardest part of my job was that the pay was crape.
Free Membership to all the YMCA's
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love my coworkers the are great my boss was there for me if i needed a hug she is verey understanding even if she was stressed out wish i didnt have to leave but needed to relocate.
Good hours good advancments
Kontra érvek
Short breaks low staff and slow
Munkahelyi kultúra
The working environment is fun. You get to enjoy yourself and just teach the children new things. They adore you and wish nothing but for you to like them back. Its slow but fast depending on the time of day. I enjoy this position a lot.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The professional staff level is extremely stressful and demanding for the amount of pay that you get. They ask you to take on more and more while planting the idea that it will help you advance. Most of the time the staff you work with are great and the members are usually great. You learn a lot of transferable skills because you have to do so many things (fundraising, events, etc) which require many weekends and evenings with no flex time. The way they calculate over time is to their advantage so that they actually pay you less than your hourly wage for OT hours. If you are liked ( you just agree with everything no matter how unethical it feels or how wrong it is) you advance. Also, if you are male you advance. All associations are different and the Y as a national organization is great. The Gateway Region YMCA? Not so much.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Work load, no work/life balance, low pay, working weekends and nights, under valued staff.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés