Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

157 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 663 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is really good about working around your schedule, also they make you feel like your more than just an employee. I'd recommend working there
Working at the Y was a lot of fun it never actually felt like work. Just to know your making a difference in a kids life, that feeling you get there is nothing like it.
Pro érvek
Getting paid to have fun
angry parents
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's ok if you're only looking to work part time and you're in high school or a senior citizen.
If you have a degree don't work at the Y. You won't get paid your worth and won't move up the corporate ladder either. Basically no room for advancement.
What I learned
What I learned from working at the YMCA is kids are super creative I always have to come up with new and more fun activities to keep them engaged be at sports or art
Okay
Working for this company was nice. Although, the people I worked with while working before and after school care, would sometimes talk about the children, in not always the nicest way, which I didn’t like. The children were amazing, there was always a clear schedule of what to do, which is something I liked
Fun place to work
I've been working at the Y for several years now. It's a fun place to work. Great coworkers and you build relationships with the members that come in on a daily basis.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, good place to work and learn.
Fast paced, family orientated, diverse, inclusive, great benefits, room for advancement, balanced, community minded.
Great facility for fitness and rehabilitation. You can see the youth mature and grow in learning.

The Y is a place for all people, young, old and very diverse.

At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure they feel welcome.

When communities get better, the world gets better. Discover how we positively impact the nation—and how you can help us—one neighborhood at a time.
N/a
Job didn’t want to work with giving me a raise after working there for 3 years and knowing cross training I moved further away and I begun to use more gas so even asked just for a dollar raise and couldn’t get !
Very very bad
The headquarters was always slow to do anything. Would be acused wrongfully by other employees. Manager would not let you move up in the ymca system. Will fire people with no reasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace to interact with people
A typical day working at the YMCA is pretty easy. My job is simply to tend to children while parents participate in activities around the facility. There isn't exactly anything that is hard about my job. I enjoy interacting with childen and making sure they have the best time at the YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not wast your precious life, time and energy.
Christian organization but not an organization of christians. The true heroes get no reconnection. Awards are given to friends not the dedicated staff
Underpaid/Wrongfully Terminated
Although I loved working here, I feel like I was underpaid as a housekeeper mainly because I was the one that made sure the facility was spotless while others slacked at responsibilities. I feel that I was wrongfully terminated because I found my uncle dead and it traumatized me so I was having a mental break and they fired me 2 days after I found him dead.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with a variety of clients varying in fitness levels.
From personal training to fitness classes the YMCA provides a fun and challenging environment that keeps clients coming back. Places an emphasis in creating a community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work and very Family oriented
A typical day at the YMCA was very rewarding and you got to meet a lot of nice people. I learned that you have to be very patient with people and that all people should be treated equally. Now the hardest part of my job was that the pay was crape.
Free Membership to all the YMCA's
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was slow but the people who came where really sweet which made it fun my coworkers wer like my family
Love my coworkers the are great my boss was there for me if i needed a hug she is verey understanding even if she was stressed out wish i didnt have to leave but needed to relocate.
Good hours good advancments
Kontra érvek
Short breaks low staff and slow
Working with 2-5 year olds
The working environment is fun. You get to enjoy yourself and just teach the children new things. They adore you and wish nothing but for you to like them back. Its slow but fast depending on the time of day. I enjoy this position a lot.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful place to work. Terrible work life balance.
The professional staff level is extremely stressful and demanding for the amount of pay that you get. They ask you to take on more and more while planting the idea that it will help you advance. Most of the time the staff you work with are great and the members are usually great. You learn a lot of transferable skills because you have to do so many things (fundraising, events, etc) which require many weekends and evenings with no flex time. The way they calculate over time is to their advantage so that they actually pay you less than your hourly wage for OT hours. If you are liked ( you just agree with everything no matter how unethical it feels or how wrong it is) you advance. Also, if you are male you advance. All associations are different and the Y as a national organization is great. The Gateway Region YMCA? Not so much.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Work load, no work/life balance, low pay, working weekends and nights, under valued staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Provides good service for children. Directors only care about sales/money at the end of the day
I enjoyed working there in the beginning but sometimes I felt like the main focus was money money money. If you were putting up good numbers, the directors likes you. If you weren’t hitting target, they weren’t too friendly.
Pro érvek
Gym membership/ program discounts.
Stress & no breastpumping room
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unorganized and underpaid but great coworkers
Worked as an MSA. There was no communication between the different departments and we were on the front lines of every single inquiry and complaint, doing tasks that were outside of our department and getting paid the least amount. It was so stressful during busy times and membership drives. Positives are some of the best people I e ever met and the free membership.
work at the YMCA
I enjoyed my time working in the Child watch area. The staff and the environment was nice. I had to make sure the children were safe and communicated with the parents.
17 year's
I worked for the YMCA for 17 year's and for 17 year's of dedication I should of been making more. The split shift is easy buy just the way the employer treat's the people that work for them not good. I worked before and after school care and I had a set site to go to and if I had choice I wouldn't have never go to different schools. places
Working with the kids
Pay is not good
Munkahelyi kultúra
After nearly 20yrs of outstanding work services, new leadership used underhanded practices to create new staff at lower wages.
The new executive leader used unfair work practices. She manufactured incidents with the help of disgruntle staff who supported her. The mission of the YMCA I know and love does help changes lives, but not by destroying , hard working support staff of tenure and seniority. I'm appalled by the deceptive staff who poses to ensure the entities true mission.
good benefits
poor management staff
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés