YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: St. Louis, MO

153 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 880 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, good place to work and learn.
Property Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2020, január 14.
Fast paced, family orientated, diverse, inclusive, great benefits, room for advancement, balanced, community minded.
Great facility for fitness and rehabilitation. You can see the youth mature and grow in learning.
The Y is a place for all people, young, old and very diverse.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure they feel welcome.
When communities get better, the world gets better. Discover how we positively impact the nation—and how you can help us—one neighborhood at a time.
N/a
Health & Wellness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, december 1.
Job didn’t want to work with giving me a raise after working there for 3 years and knowing cross training I moved further away and I begun to use more gas so even asked just for a dollar raise and couldn’t get !
Very very bad
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, november 30.
The headquarters was always slow to do anything. Would be acused wrongfully by other employees. Manager would not let you move up in the ymca system. Will fire people with no reasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace to interact with people
Child Care Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, november 12.
A typical day working at the YMCA is pretty easy. My job is simply to tend to children while parents participate in activities around the facility. There isn't exactly anything that is hard about my job. I enjoy interacting with childen and making sure they have the best time at the YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not wast your precious life, time and energy.
Staff (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, november 10.
Christian organization but not an organization of christians. The true heroes get no reconnection. Awards are given to friends not the dedicated staff
Underpaid/Wrongfully Terminated
Housekeeping (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, október 29.
Although I loved working here, I feel like I was underpaid as a housekeeper mainly because I was the one that made sure the facility was spotless while others slacked at responsibilities. I feel that I was wrongfully terminated because I found my uncle dead and it traumatized me so I was having a mental break and they fired me 2 days after I found him dead.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place with a variety of clients varying in fitness levels.
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, október 29.
From personal training to fitness classes the YMCA provides a fun and challenging environment that keeps clients coming back. Places an emphasis in creating a community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work and very Family oriented
Child Watch Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, október 26.
A typical day at the YMCA was very rewarding and you got to meet a lot of nice people. I learned that you have to be very patient with people and that all people should be treated equally. Now the hardest part of my job was that the pay was crape.
Free Membership to all the YMCA's
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was slow but the people who came where really sweet which made it fun my coworkers wer like my family
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, október 3.
Love my coworkers the are great my boss was there for me if i needed a hug she is verey understanding even if she was stressed out wish i didnt have to leave but needed to relocate.
Good hours good advancments
Kontra érvek
Short breaks low staff and slow
Working with 2-5 year olds
Assistant Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, szeptember 25.
The working environment is fun. You get to enjoy yourself and just teach the children new things. They adore you and wish nothing but for you to like them back. Its slow but fast depending on the time of day. I enjoy this position a lot.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful place to work. Terrible work life balance.
Health and Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, szeptember 14.
The professional staff level is extremely stressful and demanding for the amount of pay that you get. They ask you to take on more and more while planting the idea that it will help you advance. Most of the time the staff you work with are great and the members are usually great. You learn a lot of transferable skills because you have to do so many things (fundraising, events, etc) which require many weekends and evenings with no flex time. The way they calculate over time is to their advantage so that they actually pay you less than your hourly wage for OT hours. If you are liked ( you just agree with everything no matter how unethical it feels or how wrong it is) you advance. Also, if you are male you advance. All associations are different and the Y as a national organization is great. The Gateway Region YMCA? Not so much.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Work load, no work/life balance, low pay, working weekends and nights, under valued staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Provides good service for children. Directors only care about sales/money at the end of the day
Engagement Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, szeptember 13.
I enjoyed working there in the beginning but sometimes I felt like the main focus was money money money. If you were putting up good numbers, the directors likes you. If you weren’t hitting target, they weren’t too friendly.
Pro érvek
Gym membership/ program discounts.
Stress & no breastpumping room
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unorganized and underpaid but great coworkers
MSA (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, augusztus 24.
Worked as an MSA. There was no communication between the different departments and we were on the front lines of every single inquiry and complaint, doing tasks that were outside of our department and getting paid the least amount. It was so stressful during busy times and membership drives. Positives are some of the best people I e ever met and the free membership.
work at the YMCA
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, augusztus 21.
I enjoyed my time working in the Child watch area. The staff and the environment was nice. I had to make sure the children were safe and communicated with the parents.
17 year's
Group Leader assitant (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, augusztus 3.
I worked for the YMCA for 17 year's and for 17 year's of dedication I should of been making more. The split shift is easy buy just the way the employer treat's the people that work for them not good. I worked before and after school care and I had a set site to go to and if I had choice I wouldn't have never go to different schools. places
Working with the kids
Pay is not good
Munkahelyi kultúra
After nearly 20yrs of outstanding work services, new leadership used underhanded practices to create new staff at lower wages.
Membership Services Supervisor I (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, június 19.
The new executive leader used unfair work practices. She manufactured incidents with the help of disgruntle staff who supported her. The mission of the YMCA I know and love does help changes lives, but not by destroying , hard working support staff of tenure and seniority. I'm appalled by the deceptive staff who poses to ensure the entities true mission.
good benefits
poor management staff
ymca
Deck Supervisor, Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, április 17.
Design programs to meet my students’ interest, abilities and goals

Educate students on proper technique and enforce swim safety

Submit and maintain skill sheet, attendance and lesson logs for each student

Provide motivational support and guidance to students

Making sure that the teaching and pool area is safe and free of hazard materials or equipment
the members are amazing
the staff is very catty
I wouldn't recommend it
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, március 13.
To say the least it was was a very childish work environment as well as much harrassment from co-workers that was not addressed from management. It got to a point where I had no choice but to transfer locations but that did not help.
Pro érvek
Very independent job environment.
Kontra érvek
There was no discipline in the workplace.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Leadership Needs To Be Visible
MSA (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, február 18.
Some members are very nice but most are arrogant, rude and have an entitled aura about them. Most of my co-workers work very hard and really care about what they do. However there are a few of my co-workers that come to work only to be on their phones the entire shift or using the company computers to be on websites while customers need help. Management doesn't do anything to eliminate this type of behavior from what I see so it has become a routine. They can't seem to stay fully staffed and I'm beginning to understand why. The building is always clean when I come in to work but I only see two custodians that seem to be the only ones always working like crazy. The property manager doesn't get started working until he has played several games of pool. This is who they hired to care for the building and he gets paid to play pool half the day, wow. I enjoy my job but i don't see anything changing in a positive way. It's pretty unfortunate because I really had high Hope's about this place and friends of mine told me that this was a wonderful atmosphere but I don't see it at all. I'm just glad that I work part time because God only knows what being full time would look like under these circumstances. Their board of directors really need to look into how this location is being operated because nobody should have to come to a job and experience all of this disarray.
Part time
No leadership, No teamwork, gossiping & cliques
Productive fun workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, február 13.
I love the YMCA everyone is friendly n loves working together and working towards something keeping the pool safe. The staff was so respectful and everyone had a task that they stuck to
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van