Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Southington, CT

26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Super fun to work at
Get to play games with the kids and it is really fun. The bosses were all great people and your coworkers are typically really nice people. You will learn to love the kids even though they can be annoying sometimes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with a number of new experiences encountered daily.
I love going to work here because it is always something different. Every time I come back home to go to work I meet new and such amazing and talented children that make working long hours really worth it. Sometimes, I even get to see them grow up until Kindergarten and it truly is the best feeling to see their succession increase as they grow.
great
I’ve been working at YMCA camp sloper for the past 4 summers now and everything is excellent! The staff and the managers make it a wonderful environment to work in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and enjoyable work place
stressful but engaging. time goes by quick when you can get kids to behave. can be irritating at times. must have patience. most enjoyable part of the job is seeing kids learn to enjoy themselves/activities they didnt know they liked.
1,0
Eh
I did not enjoy working at the YMCA. the kids are absolutely wonderful but some of the staff is just rude and judge mental. you do get paid bi-weekly and direct deposit.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the younger campers and the overall day to day camping curculium was great
For anyone interested in going into teaching or child care, this summer position is a must. You work directly with all age ranges of campers for full day during the week managing activities, overall care of the campers and direction or learning when the opportunity arose.
Too stressful for me
I liked working with my coworkers, and I at first really enjoyed working there, but working with kids eventually burnt me out. In addition, one of the bosses was abrasive and very stressful for me to work with. I never got a compliment from her in the time I worked there; everything she ever said was negative. The stress of working around her was a main reason why I quit.

Also, for some reason a surprising amount of shady people work there for it being a preschool. Just saying.
Pro érvek
good hours for part time
Kontra érvek
poor management, can be very stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good family place to work
Counselors and others like them had a great gig. I was a para and was only there for a small portion of summer. Loved it and do it again every single summer.
Enjoyable Experience
I love working at the YMCA. The people are very warm and welcoming, it is easy to complete certifications, and I love the children I work with. The communication could be improved, however that may be specific to my community. You are responsible for finding your own substitute if you cannot work which is also helpful in certain situations.
Pro érvek
Paid meetings and training sessions, flexible hours
Poor communication
It has been awhile
YMCA was fun in early 20s to work..wasn't paid too well..had no benefits..
the people were wonderful and loved their job

buildings are very nice.......
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a great work place
i have learned so much sense i have started working. It has taught me great core values. It is a fun upbeat company with a lot of great people working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly people, good for students
Most of the staff are very friendly. The management is good. Worked in multiple departments. Fun job, but also stressful at times when dealing with children. Free membership, or a discount on family plans is awesome. I love seeing the difference that I am making and the impact I have made with kids. Some Supervisors do play favorites, which is tough to deal with. Hardest part as an employee is seeing how the employees who have been there for a years or who are best friends with supervisors getting away with things they tell you not to do.
Membership, fun & friendly culture
Kontra érvek
Supervisors playing favorites, strict rules particularly for those employed less than a year
Great Workplace, Fun, and Great Career Advancement
The YMCA offers a wide range of career options in multiple fields. I would personally recommend the Child Care School Age department because I have enjoyed working with this department over the last two years. I was offered a promotion with a salary increase and accepted. The advancement of my career has made me enjoy my job more and learn more about my career.
Pro érvek
Have Fun with children, develop necessary skills for many career paths, great management staff
Not a lot of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
very hands on, requires a lot of psychical activity
This job will teach you good communication skills and you will improve your ability to collaborate with others and work as a team. The management at YMCA Camp Sloper is great because they are friendly very easy to talk to.
Pro érvek
Good hours and weekends off
Great Workplace and a Lot of Fun
Working at the YMCA was the best job I have had for my career. Working with the kids day in and day out is awesome, you form real relationships with them and it is a very friendly work environment.
Free memberships
the kids
I worked at the Y for the kids. I loved working with them, I worked in the before and aftercare program and subbed at the preschool. most of the staff are very friendly and inviting but unfortunately some of the management play favorites. sometimes they did not listen to their staff or have things together but its a great program for a high school student or free time to work at.
Character building work enviornment
My years working at YMCA Camp Sloper allowed me to develop as a person and gave me the confidence to pursue other roles across many unrelated disciplines.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Learned from professional teachers and sports coaches how to encourage children to try new experiences
Promotes health, wellness and community spirit for all ages. Financial aid available to families in need of assistance and summer campership funds. Great before and after school care for working families.
Pro érvek
Open to everyone regardless of ability to pay
Kontra érvek
Great attribute to our community, open to everyone
Nice place to work
Good place to work for those who are looking for a first-time or part-time job, nice staff, good working conditions, good experience for those wanting to work with kids
Great Benefits and Work Envirorment
Great job and place to work, however the money isn't great. But if you are looking for a fun place to work then this is it! This job is also very rewarding because it is a non profit and they do a lot of great things for the community.
fun
money
Great Emphasis on the Community
Great emphasis on the community. Great part time job, but little room for growth. I really enjoy working with kids, but dealing with management is sometimes difficult.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés