Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Southbridge, MA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Southbridge, MA12 értékelés
12 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 083 értékelés megtekintése
Working there
It was nice working at the YMCA had a lot of fun doing the summer camps was a great way for me to learn patients and time management because you need to learn how to make time in your schedule for the actives overall great place to work
Fantastic First Job
This place is absolutely great for a first job! It provides many opportunities to learn different aspects of different jobs. There are so many friendly people you get to work with as well.
Friendly atmosphere
only part-time jobs available
3,0
Great center, awful pay
I would like to start by saying i LOVE my coworkers. The environment is always happy and full of laugher. The job itself can be stressful due to different types of behavioral children but you have support from the coworkers and management. The only downfall is they do NOT pay their teachers at a competitive rate. Most teachers making minimum wage or not much above it.
Great work environment
Pay is horrendous
A rewarding community job
The YMCA offers low paying, flexible jobs that can give a members time for their family off hours. These jobs are rewarding in that you are giving to the local community, but offer little in terms of compensation or long-term career opportunities. I would recommend the YMCA to people looking for flexible, part-time employment.
Personal reward, flexability
Kontra érvek
Poor pay, lack of career advancement.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A place where relationships can be built
The members are what make the place what it is. So many things happen here, from infants to elderly, from fitness to personal growth, This is where you want to be a part of.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Flexible, fun workplace
Flexible with schedule. Fun coworkers. Cleanliness and sanitation necessary. Help children with homework. Play with children. Make breakfast, lunch and snack for children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and family-friendly workplace.
Overall I really enjoy working at the YMCA. It has a great environment and treats its employees with the most respect possible.
Free lunches
wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun environment and great people
The job was very fulfilling to me because I got to work with and help kids that sometimes didn't have the opportunity to have fun at home. The job was very lax and everyone I worked with and worked under were always kind and understanding.
Field trips for free
Kontra érvek
some days were long and tiring
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and easy to learn and work with others!
Working here was, for me, a high school job that required only a few hours a day if that. However, there is constant opportunity to gain more experience and ask to work in more time consuming/higher paying areas. Just asking around to see who's looking for people for hosting and helping coordinate certain events will land you in a position with more hours and more opportunities for growth.

The management was good for the most part, I never had any issues personally, but I had heard of others that have.

My co-workers were irreplaceable, I cannot stress enough that everyone I worked with were either kind or extremely helpful.

If you like working with children and helping coordinate public/family events, then I would highly recommend working here.

The only difficult part of the job is that sometimes the number of children can be overwhelming, or the children can be impossible to work with via their attitudes and behavior,
Pro érvek
Great community, lots of opportunities for more work/hours.
Kontra érvek
Children and parents can be difficult to work with at times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Positive work place with a fantastic group of staff
A typical work day involves getting to work, setting up the homework room and making sure my staff are getting the 5-8 kids who get to the day care early are situated, have snack and are socializing with them. I then assign someone to go onto the bus which picks up the rest of the kids from school and brings them to the day care. Once attendance is taken care of, the staff, depending on which day of the week it is, will either get the kids ready for swim time or snack time. While this is happening, I call the schools to ask if the students that did not show up the the day care that day were at school. I then mark down if they were at school and picked up, dismissed early or if they were absent all together. Once everything is situated with phone calls, i will go to my boss and see if she has anything for me to take care of while she is doing paperwork. If not I make rounds to the 2 other class rooms to make sure everything is okay or if they need a hand with something. I also interact a lot with the parents and talk to them if their child has done anything on said day or if they need to make a payment or just to talk to them so they know that we are paying attention to who comes in the room. The hardest part of my day would probably be swim time. The locker room is the bane of my existence. It does not matter how much you try, the locker rooms are just a tricky area. We can go through them but we try not to so we do not make the kids feel uncomfortable, but if we do not go through them, the kids will fool around, and on occasion be a little inappropriate. The most enjoyable - több...
Pro érvek
lunch breaks, great staff, great management, excellent kids, fun enviroment
Kontra érvek
parents can be rough around the edges, staff sometimes has a little more fun than kids, I have to be the bad guys when kids are misbehaving
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have had a great experience working for the YMCA
We have a great facility with many benefits for the employees. I have learned how to manage others and create a fun atmosphere while doing it.
family atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Salary for a single mom trying to support my family on one income
Productive and fun workplace
The years that I spent working for the YMCA were the best years of my working experience. This is where I learned everything about childcare and great customer service. The team/teachers were the best team to be a part of. We all worked together to help the children and the parents on a daily basis. The management was also helpful when needed. During my time here I would open and close the center, answer and direct phone calls. Assist the callers and take messages when needed. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part was learning everything there was to learn about the company and keeping customers/parents happy everyday.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés