Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Sewickley, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Sewickley, PA19 értékelés
19 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Requires lots of certification for pool area jobs and the pay/hours barely make up for the cost of those certificates. Poor management, and for my first couple months of work I was never paid.
Pro érvek
nice staff, good outdoor time
Kontra érvek
mean and aggressive patrons, unclean pool, poor management, poorly tracked pay, low pay
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked from 5am to 7pm with maybe a 30 minute break but usually was needed because understaffed! I got fired because I had an allergic reaction to a prescription! And my manager didn't have the decency to fire me to my face! I had to call and ask her about it!
Maybe things have changed but... I wouldn't!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was really interested by the story of the YMCA. Helping people and being a great part of the community was good way to get me to want to be a part of the team.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was very poor and non responsive. If you needed to get a hold of someone it was basically impossible and you will often be ignored. Otherwise really easy job
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
led aqua aerobics classes and water walking classes
learned interpersonal skills and leadership skills

management was great

healthy atmosphere

easy job used leadership skills and exercise skills from college

music, fun, and fitness
loved it
no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with teens can be stressful, but also very rewarding once you get to know them. Be prepared to butt heads with them, but get a quality experience with problem solving, conflict resolution, and mediation. The atmosphere is fun, but that depends on the amount of commitment and work you put into it.
Pro érvek
Great for developing leadership, conflict resolution, and lesson planning skills.
Kontra érvek
Working with parents that may be argumentative
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard and swim instructor it is your job to watch the pool and people at all times during your shift. Teaching swim lessions to children or guarding swim lessions is required.
swimming
long hours guarding
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a positive work environment and a nurturing place. However, I require something that is a bit more lucrative in this field. My level of work and level of pay I believe are not on par, but since it is a non profit organization, that will always bet the case.
Positive environment
Kontra érvek
lack of consideration for employees, pay structure
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing YMCA with clean, modern facilities the whole family can enjoy. This place does not disappoint! They have it all - an indoor pool, an outdoor pool with depths for all ages, plentiful exercise equipment, and beautiful indoor gymnasium. There's even a rock climbing wall in the lobby!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have been here for a long time and I enjoy everyday. People are great as well as the members. Everyday is on a day to day need basis everyday is slightly different.
Munkahelyi kultúra
only part time had this job when I was a stay at home MOM. Ran my own program was fun was ok to work there. Love working with the parents and babies
free membership
not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguards did not get to rotate for a four hour shift and had no variety in the workplace but the managers were nice and it was fun to interact with YMCA members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to meet long time friends and enjoy physical activity on a daily basis. It also is a great place to work with kids and teach them how to swim, play games, and sports. It is a great place to grow and learn from front desk experiences to managing pre-school children during the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and fast paced environment working and teaching Children. Working with children is the hardest part and the most enjoyable all at the same time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a preschool camp counselor for the YMCA is an amazing way to spend the summer. I worked as part of a dedicated team to organize games, songs, activities, and field trips for large groups of preschool aged children. I learned how to manage time in order to stick to a schedule, how to work as a productive member of a team, how to think on my feet when plans unexpectedly changed, how to stay positive and happy for the kids, even when having an off day, and how to train and lead new counselors. My co-workers at the YMCA have become some of my best friends, which makes going to work that much better. However, the best part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference in each camper's life!
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Tons of great members and staff, but too many inconsistencies and poor managment
Advancement
crazy day to day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fantastic place to work. Wonderful people. Doing good feels good.
Incredible environment
Kontra érvek
low pay, no health coverage
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a wonderful place to work not only are the co-workers caring and supportive but the members are a joy as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
• Responsible for coordinating, supervising, and planning of preschool gym activities, creative arts classes, and toddler day camps
• Responsible for supervising family gym activities

• Babysitting duties

• In charge of coordinating weekend birthday parties for children 1-6 years of a