Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Santa Barbara, CA

16 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 733 értékelés megtekintése
Lead Teacher
Great benefits, low wage for teacher’s with a lot of experience, good overall atmosphere. Teachers are hired a low pay rate for the level of experience they bring. Some of management is great and some staff are gossip central!
Happy Kids/Healthy & Supportive Families
Low End of Payscsle
Very fun workplace
There is room for improvement. YMCA is a workplace that keeps you on your toes. It can be a fast pace job supervising several kids and organizing activities but it is very fun.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarded for 3 years. Never moved up. Low pay. Can't pay rent.
If you work hard and put your best out do not expect anything in return. They hire kids with no aquatic experience. Give jobs to lowest bidder. As opposed to professionals who they will pay well. They say the care about community, but the people who work there are a part of community...yet i was working 40 hours a week and still had to sleep in my van in the parking lot.
Family Friendly Work Environment
Overall, it is a decent job to begin your working lifestyle. Family-friendly work environment. You get a free gym membership and get to work out whenever you want while the gym is open so that is nice. Free dinner during staff meetings. Aside from the perks while working there, you get to be a leader by watching kids and keep them safe. It was a good job while I worked there but I didn't see myself there for a long time.
Amazing Workplace
I really don't have any complaints about working at the YMCA. With the creative expression each employee is given when it comes to running their program, the possibilities for success are endless and limitless. Being surrounded by such great colleagues and amazing community makes even the hardest days worthwhile.
Free Membership
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, management gone downhill
I've worked at the Y for a year and a half now and I can say confidently that when I started the Y seemed like heaven to me. Lots of freedom and independence while working as MES, and a very team-oriented environment where you are required to check the emails and ask your coworkers to know about the latest info regarding the Y (as marketing often times puts out new programs or events that you will have to know about in order to give the appropriate information to each guest. Really went downhill in terms of management and their role in the lives of MES workers. Hardly see our director and often times he looks like he doesn't care about the front desk staff. We used to have xmas parties, pizza lunch-ins, and more fun. Now, not much in terms of rewarding the front desk staff it seems
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place for students to work
Hours are very flexible, good environment to work in, great place to get involved with your community, very family oriented facility, and there is opportunity for growth.
great coworkers
pay is very low
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awsome pplace to work if you are just starting out . they offer many entry level positions that are great to learn how things work. Go apply now . You wont regret it
free membership
no benifits
Flexibile workplace
Clocking in is always so time consuming. The opportunity to take on many roles is offered. however, you will find yourself overextending yourself within the departments. There is a high turn over rate within management often leaving the foundation of administration unstable. The flexibility of my position allows me to avoid the workplace tension, bringing more job satisfaction.
Free gym membership
often overextending yourself
Munkahelyi kultúra
Large colorful center, great parents
The ymca can be a great place to work if you are outgoing and excited to be with the children. There is plenty of time to be outside and joining in with activities and playtime. There is never a shortage of children looking for a push on the swing. Because it is usually and after school program job you are not into work until anytime between 12/2pm, this job gives you a chance to take your own classes in the morning or get other important things done before work.
Pro érvek
great schedule, good teachers, while hired you have a free membership to their gym
Kontra érvek
hired as seasonal employee, need to reapply each school year, and each summer
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun environment for learning how to work with children
This position was nice as that it taught me a lot about whether or not working with children was actually for me. The staff is very close-knit and easy to get along with. The child care unit as a whole is, in my opinion, under-appreciated and under-paid.
3,0
Sophomoric, gossipy, unbalanced
The first time I worked there I loved it! My associates were creative and fun! We got to participate in all kinds of programs and in the YMCA itself. I was involved in membership. child-care, camps, campaigns, and tours. The thing I loved the best was taking mature adults to places like Catalina, Getty's Museums, NBC, LA Farmer's Markets, etc. I loved working there then.

The second time working for the Y in 2016, was awful! Rumors, gossip, meanness, just awful. I would have recommended the Y when I worked there before, but NOT now.

Unless you like working in a place that is reminiscent of junior high, I would pass. It's possible in the Management area, it may be better, but this place is no longer a "Christian Association". It is a business, plain and simple. I will say that the in the Child Care programs, the Y is bar-none, but working there now is no longer balanced and fun.
Free membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Meet a myriad of personalities and get healthy doing it!
Fun place to work! Lots of different jobs to do. Management was generally good and could be counted on to chip in. Co-workers are young, old and everywhere in between. I learned I was great at "selling" the Y.
free membership, flexible scheduling
pay is average.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to be introduced to the health and fitness world!
This was my first job in the health industry, and I couldn't have landed a better job! My duties consisted of collecting health histories and completing new member orientations with the equipment and basic exercise principles. I had wonderful coworkers who were very supportive and helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work place environment was friendly and everybody helpful.
Excellent experience all around. I was very well supported, trained, provided with all the advancement tools necessary. Everyday was a rewarding experience helping members and being part of awarding scholarships for those who needed assistance for their membership and/or classes.

The only difficulty was to leave to due salaries were frozen just as my yearly increase was to be awarded. A financial decision made it difficult to leave but necessary.
Productive and rewarding position
 Oversee and direct aquatic department operations: schedule, budget, payroll, programs, training, and staffing.
 Provide leadership within the Adventure Guides and Campaign for Youth programs

 Review and approve payroll reports.

 Conduct in-service trainings and monthly facility E.A.P. drill.

 Create, implement, manage and evaluate programs and outreach projects that meet strategic YMCA goals.

 Manage social media and department flyers

 Participate and train peers within the Aquatics Program Management Team
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés