Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

98 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Working with a handbook
I learned a lot through the mandatory meetings. As an employee in San Francisco, I faced a lot of help through communication. Things were organized and friendly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive and inclusive environment.
Flexible work schedules. The overall atmosphere was pretty good. There was always support from upper management in terms of growth in the company, individual growth, and more. You don't feel like a cog in the machine, they care about you as a person as well as your health and wellness.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great working experience with children
I like to work on this place because children are make me happy of the day. l can learn all different culture from the children. The most important is playing with children are amazing. But the location that I work is problem, because I don't have a car, it take me one and half hour to work, which is so inconverin.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great communal environment, with wonderful people and team.
Great place to work. Opportunity to connect with great people and make an impact on peoples' days/lives. Also, the ability to interact with many different people from many different cultures. I have learned how to talk to people and conduct myself professionally.
Pro érvek
Free nationwide gym membership, staff discounts on programs, flexible hours, great connections, great people, and community.
Kontra érvek
Overwhelming traffic on occasion.
Very Fun
very comfortable family culture. families and staff are very cool people. the most enjoyable part for me is learning things from the student sometimes things i did not.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
productive
there is a variety of jobs and most likely be able to work with schools and students. there are different locations for employment too. I liked working with people with patience and responsibility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and challenging yet fun place to work
YMCA is a great community to work for. The staff works as a team with the same goal. I worked with children ages 5 to 13, teaching math and art and having a set lesson plan. On field trips I was assigned 3 kids and watched over them for 8 hours.
Low Stress, Low Compensation
Urban Services is a super flexible and low stress environment. The culture is supportive, management cares about your work-life balance, and the work opportunities are varied and interesting. Unfortunately pay is low - $53k for unlicensed clinicians, $60k for licensed. There’s also a fair bit of disorganization (as in many community mental health agencies), and a high turnover rate. This is a place that folks go to get their hours, and then bounce.
Good experience
Working at the YMCA for a short time was a bigger blessing than I thought would've been possible. I was able to learn great leadership skills and learned how to keep the little population properly under control.
It is a great environment, both friendly and uplifting.
Great Place to Learn
Y values taking on green staff and providing them with training. Programs are usually understaffed, so training is typically on the job and it moves quickly. You are given space to fail forward, but that can be very stressful without formal training. You wear a lot of different hats, which allows for skill building in different areas, but over time can wear people down.
Big company - job security
Little structure
Work
The environment was calm and relax. Management was always ready to help, if needed. They wanted everyone to be safe and feel supported. They were was happy to discuss option to improve and grow at work.
Management and support
Stress
Great coworkers
You will make friends, the staff is so diverse and everyone finds a way to fit in. There are audits nearly every day and they're conducted mostly by staff members but occasionally there will be members that are asked to throw a shadow in. Stonestown YMCA is one of the highest risk Y's out there so you need to stay alert.
safe workplace, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
hard to find covers for shifts, daily audits, monthly in-service
A great job for start
I LOVE Chinatown YMCA in San Francisco. It was a great experience to work there. All staffs are so friendly. This job required to speak English and Chinese. I am happy I was part of the Y's community, thanks for everything I have learned there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun to work with youth.
The youth were amazing. It is always great to be able to support them and spend quality time with them. Staff were also very friendly and outgoing. I really enjoyed working here.
Pro érvek
Friendly coworkers and very understanding
Kontra érvek
Not as competitive. Hard to see myself move up.
Was overalls a good job
Gained great work experience.
I think all ymca workers should receive benefits regardless of the amount of hours they work.

Should work on security.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
OK work place, bad management
As an ex YMCA employee the atmosphere was good, there are a lot of employees that are both friendly and passionate about their work too bad there is an equal amount of those who do the minimum for a paycheck. Lots of favoritism and bad communication between employers and employees.
Pro érvek
Retirement Fund and free gym membership
Bad Supervisors
Building strong Leaders
Preparing lesson Plans, Provide fun activities for students and keep them engage. Provide safe space for student to practice learning and growing. Build strong relationship and communication with the community.
Working with student everyday
Lack of Resources
Front Desk
Fun, easy to realize who is a regular. Questions aren't hard to answer. Lots of free time. Gives you time to bond with coworkers and learn about events happening at YMCA
Great ideals, variable management
A company that really wants to feel like it is "doing right" by its employees and casts itself as one big family. Site-specific management is an issue, however, and, since many of the programs are at least partially grant-based, local and national economic issues can affect employment. Also required you to re-interview for your own job each year, even if you received superlative reviews the last year from the very people interviewing you once again. Understood to be in the name of finding the best candidate, yet led to a perpetual sense of insecurity in contrast to their outward personality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work and workout
the child watch/Ykids department was where I used to work.
every establishment has its flaws but I was so lucky to have had good bosses who listened to what her staff needed and was always able to get time off if I needed. the other staff members were always nice and they do a good job of trying to bring all departments together for community building activities.
Great and important work
Working at the YMCA was amazing. The staff and management were very supportive and the work was fulfilling. Coworkers easily become like family. The work can be stressful at times because the mission of the work can sometimes overshadow personal matters.
Pro érvek
Fantastic coworkers and management, fulfilling work
Probable burn out
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés