Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Diego, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
San Diego, CA233 értékelés
233 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 246 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is by far my favorite job in had the pay isn’t good and it’s part time hours are sucky ( after school program leader ) but I have so much fun with kids they really do cheer me up on my bad days ! I got to grow a connection with my kids at the school I worked at and they teach you so much as you teach them .
Pro érvek
Having fun with kids
Kontra érvek
3 hours a day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exciting job every single day! I love working with kids and inspiring them and influencing them to continue in their education to become someone successful
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love working with kids and people the same age as you, this is the place to be. The Y is extremely flexible when they work with your class and schedule. I worked in the Expanded Learning Programs, aka after school program and I loved it. The supervisors really pay attention to detail and make sure you are prepared with everything you need to succeed. They pay for all of your trainings and ensure that you are up to date on your CPR and other certifications. I began this job right out of high school and it allowed me to enjoy my summer while still gaining a steady income. There is always work to be done. When the kids were on summer or winter break, they offer you the opportunity to work summer or winter camps where its basically the same job I did except at a local YMCA brach that was a lot closer to me. The camps were never mandatory but it helped you maintain your income when the kids were on break. Overall great place to be, you will meet so many people and some of those people will become life long family.
Pro érvek
Paid trainings, advancements opportunity, flexible schedules
Kontra érvek
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is too low for what is expected from most employees. People are often promoted based on who they’re friends with instead of skill or qualifications.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y has no sense of work life balance. The culture is completely unmanageable and those in the C level suite make too much money. They say it is a non profit but the bonuses cut at the end of the year for C Level employees proves otherwise.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is always exciting because of the diversity within the community. The children always bring a smile to my face even when I am having a bad day. It also keeps me active and alert, there is never a dull moment .
Munkahelyi kultúra
There's a lot of paperwork to do for the staff and a lot of volunteer work, if that's what you're looking to do. They give great special support to people with disabilities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great placed to work learned a lot and was able to get alot of experience. Was able to meet a lot of people which taught me some great family values
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work for to build your skills in the work force. The staff are team oriented and always help out in the day to day duties.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here was great for a college student. At the time that I was here my direct supervisor really made a difference in the fairness of the job. After he left it all went down hill. Patrons can be disrespectful and if you have someone to back you up this can make a difference but if they do not it just sucks. I have not worked here in 3 years so I would definitely check who the direct supervisor and ask questions about support towards the lifeguards.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management are very friendly and they always have their door open if you need to talk. Also, employees are very helpful and cheerful. As an intern, you are allowed to help other departments to gain experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was really old when i worked there before they renovated it, I was starting to be myself by building character and experience and cherished it very much everyday when i was trying to complete high school. I was cleaning the machines and taking out the trash everytime. It felt like i belong and it was great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a hard time at the location in which I was working. Some of their members complained about the tone of my voice. I also felt that me having Epilepsy waa not good while there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I did grow as a person here but it is harder to grow within departments unless you work in other departments as well. I built great relationships with the community that I will hold with me forever.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great values, great organization. Great work to make sure community has resources. Likes to promote from within. Job stability is a plus. Benefits are good in San Diego.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA front desk is helping members/customers register for programs, offer tours, and sign up for memberships. We are trained in customer service. The hardest part of our job would be registrations because we have different codes you need to input but after a while they become routine. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are helping others who are in need of your assistance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked at the ymca for 4 years and next year I will be applying for a paid counselor job. I worked with kids and assist counselors mainly. I have always enjoyed working there. There's no interview for the teen position but its basically half summer camp half work so you have to go through training and pay,
Munkahelyi kultúra
The organization as a whole has relatable values as a non-profit. Typical day at work is replying to emails, returning phone calls, and processing weekly changes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was clocking in then putting my swim trunks on. After we would all set up the pool lanes and get everything situated so that lessons could take place. After 5 hours of lessons, you get to go home.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I do in my job is to take care of special needs children. Using appropriate language, teaching by playing, and positive reinforcement. I also model positive behavior
Munkahelyi kultúra
My over all experience was enjoyable easy understanding of procedures of the program. accesses to time sheets and jog update information was always there.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés