YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Round Rock, TX

57 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 802 értékelés megtekintése
fun workplace
Child Care Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, szeptember 22.
very fun place to work especially if you want to get some kind of experience with kids.Also, there is a lot of paid training which is always fun. Management isn't bad just inform them on your schedule and they can work with you
Fun and creative
Afterschool Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, július 7.
I was able to work with elementary aged children after school hours and I thought it was cool because they were able to learn more without being in the classroom and it was as if I was the teacher.
Awesome part time job
Head lifeguard - Boss (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, július 3.
I worked for YMCA as a lifeguard while I was in school and they were great about working with my hours. I learned safety, CPR and everything else that comes with being a lifeguard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Kid experience great Management no so
Site Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, július 2.
Where to begin i loved my job working with the children, but management did not make it any easier. Management does not have their stuff together and are real quick to point the finger. Some of the Managers are rude and not approachable. When you need to get in touch with them either there phone mailbox is full or they don't return calls. Like i said to much stress for a place that doesn't pay that good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and rewarding place to be
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, június 13.
A typical work day with the kids isn't always easy, but the YMCA has an awesome support system and fun trainings to help you improve and make your day easier and more enjoyable. It's also a great place to make long lasting friendships and feel like you're really doing something worth while. I fell in love with this job and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys working with kids and enjoys having a family like work community.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, great support system
Not much hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s no longer what it used to be
Site Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, április 25.
It’s no longer what it used to be. Hours are not what are being promised. Ridiculous requests. Lack of culture , Mission , values of company is no longer there.
Free food
Unnecessary demands.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If, and ONLY if, you want to work with kids, this is for you
Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2019, április 1.
The YMCA can be a fun place to work if you are looking for a part-time job and still in school. However, their turnover rate for the Afterschool Counselor and Site Coordinator positions is extremely high. This could be because of a number of reasons, but here are a few that I have determined to be the reason:
- As far as I'm concerned the Site Coordinator position is one of the hardest ones at the Y. (I got promoted to Site Coordinator after being a Counselor.) We don't get paid what we are worth and they expect SO much from us. I don't think it's fair. Now, I haven't been promoted to anything higher than Site Coordinator yet, but from where I sit management positions seem pretty breezy. You would think that people working with the youth of today would start getting better acknowledgment.
- Management sucks! I have seen some managers at the Y that are AMAZING, and I have seen some that just don't care about their employees. It's really hit or miss, and if you happen to miss... good luck.
- Absolute lack of communication between supervisors and staff.
These are just a few from my experience; I'm sure not everyone had such a bad experience. But if you want to work with kids and you want to make that a career, then yes, please work for the Y. Hopefully, your boss is better than some.
Pro érvek
Paid meetings, free lunches, no weekends
Kontra érvek
Terrible pay for the work you do, horrible communication
I loved working there
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, december 20.
Everything about working at a YMCA summer camp for me was amazing. I loved it so much. I worked so well with everyone and I loved the kids I worked with. I wouldn’t change my experience for the world!
Flexible hours
Little to no breaks
3,0
Has its goods and bads
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, december 6.
I personally loved it because I like kids. You were totally free to do whatever you wanted, usually. Under-staffing causes a lot of issues. I watched many coworkers get away with many things that the YMCA didn't stand for but the program couldn't really do anything about because there wasn't enough counselors. Its honestly a hard job, but my saying is "someone has to do it." If you like kids, please please work here and try to set an example for your coworkers. The YMCA had a fantastic vision for a fantastic program but needs more organization and more funding (to pay higher wages so workers want to compete for this job). As a counselor you watch after anywhere from 10-30 kids, give them snacks and keep them occupied. If you are in a good school, and you teach the kids to respect you, you can help the kids learn something, play games and do homework. If you don't care or get a bad school with a bad "manager" the best you can do is keep track of them and keep them alive. Be brave!
Pro érvek
Good place to start if you want to work with kids
Pay, management
Nothing posititve
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, november 23.
Nothing positive at all. Chaotic and no one knows what is really going on. They will not allow you to work anywhere near 20 hours a week as they do not want to compensate anyone with health insurance. Also many things kept under the table as far as behavior reports which should have been immediate grounds for suspension from after school program. Many corners cut as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, fun, gave me a sense of community
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, október 17.
Despite the hot weather during the summer, being able to interact with the kids and have them look up to me was what kept me dreading the end of the summer. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt useful helping with injuries & emotional turmoil.
free snacks, dance competitions
the hot weather
Fun Workplace
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, augusztus 5.
Worked with Kinder through 5th grade students. Very unique children who made work fun also very fast paced. Some hardships along the way with some of the children's personal lives, and made me more sympathetic to their lifestyles.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A Lot of responsibilities not enough pay.
Site Coordinator/Tower Staff (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, július 30.
Title says it all. The turn over rate was unbelievable. I was still able to manage my organizational skills and employee grooming. I would say I was not supported enough in times of fast and constant change.
Free Gym, Creative freedoms
Kontra érvek
Limited hours, limited schedule, limited growth opportunities.
Very relaxed job
Onsite Rink Hockey Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, június 17.
Most of my days spent there were very easy going and relaxed. Aside from the days there were games there was not a whole lot to do around there and I often had to find things for myself to do.
Fun workplace
Y After School Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, április 11.
I loved working at the YMCA, but I personally love working with kids, there are different positions that you can fill there and each one involves kids or the parents. I think it's a great job for a college student who's taking classes in a nearby college or a community college, you can base your job around your classes or the other way around and it'll work out because it's an evening job if you do the after school care.
Meeting great children
Kontra érvek
Not always getting your hours a week
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was good working at the concession stand
Concessions Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, február 6.
The Y was a good place to work at. I worked at the concession stand and i worked there every Saturday and i was always at the west wing. I had met new people and made new friends there and it was easy and the best .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
fun work place
YMCA Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, január 13.
I really loved this job with all my heart. you really have to be a kids person to work here. I litteraly walked 2 hours just to make it to work. the only job I cried like a baby when I stopped working here.
kid
Kontra érvek
keeping up with all the kids, taking out trash
Terrible
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, december 27.
I always looked forward to having this job as a kid. I was always battling to say anything with who was in charge and I had no freedom. It was not a good job for me.
2,0
review
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, december 14.
Usually a counselor will have 20 kids to them selves. I once had 26 kinder-gardeners to myself for a whole semester. The kids are awesome and fun to be around. What else is nice is you get the weekends off and you work the same hours mon-fri.
2,0
Not worth the hassle
Counselor 2 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, december 10.
The YMCA may be great in other counties, but the Williamson county afterschool program is aweful. Let's just say I was happy to resign and even happier I never put my child in those programs. Don't expect to move up and if you are a site coordinator expect to take whatever heat or threats your manager throws at you.
Pro érvek
You get to meet a lot of great kids.
Kontra érvek
Most of the managers are not very nice.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van