Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Richmond, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Richmond, VA91 értékelés
91 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 642 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working at the Y. There are flexible hours and you get a free membership. Also, FT employees benefit from free childcare and programs. The retirement plan is also good.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Since it's a non-profit - the pay is on the low end
Munkahelyi kultúra
Thats it. The y is trash as fvck Bad pay bad management no support fvkk the y. They treat you bad even if you do everything right. Their accept any and everyone is a lie they ate extremely racist sexist and ableist. TRASH ALL AROUND
Gym membership
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's all about "lifers" preserving their retirement account. They will do all they can to push people out so there are not too many employees benefiting from the retirement plan. I did well and made it to a good position at the Association Resource Center. But this revealed what goes on behind the scenes; pettiness, jealousy, and backstabbing. Leadership is all show and no substance. It's a shame because there is a lot of potential to really impact the Greater Richmond region.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked there I loved my job. It fit into my life schedule perfectly. I always enjoyed seeing my coworkers and the reverse. Those I worked with most did their part and we were a team and enjoyed our work. I can only say there were a few in higher up positions that made you feel less important than the average employee you worked side by side with every day. A sad separation between workers and administrators.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job at the YMCA. Only thing that I did not like was No Pay on Maternity Leave And then I got fired for coming to work on schedule. I changed management 3 times while working there and the regional director showed favoritism to certain staff members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my first job, the people there are amazing, the staff are amazing, the higher management are amazing. Great place to work if you are into that kind of work, if that is your field of study, then that is a great place to work and build. The pay could possibly be a bit better for the work you do, but it is a lot of fun. I wish I could go back just because of the amount of fun I had.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA taught me a lot of skills that can apply as leader and everyday life. Being able to teach, discipline and lead people through drills and activities helped me overall become a better person an leader.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA downtown location, the staff is friendly and helpful and the members really appreciate your work. However, other locations are not as friendly and the members can be challenging at times. Choose a location that fits your personality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA summer program consisted of arriving to work at 9 am, taking the children outside and leading them is silly chants, taking them inside to play exciting games and activities, taking them to the pool to teach them how to swim, then ending by day by doing a fun arts and craft activity. The hardest part of my job was learning to be patient with children who were only a few years younger than me. The best part of my job was connecting with the kids, and getting the chance to bond with them, and learn from them.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked under the wellness department for my internship. I didn't receive pay nor was I concerned about the pay. They mostly worked with older individuals which is not something I wanted to do
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very welcoming and family oriented environment. Supportive upper management and great opportunities for growth and leadership. Always a fun time. The culture is great and it is really hard not to be happy when setting foot in the doorway.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is ok for people who looking for part time jobs like high school and college students. The pay is ok put the hours are very limited . they will send you home if the numbers are low. There is a little favoritism that goes around when working there and certain people get their way. The leadership staff dont know how to manage their sites and talk to people. They need train their leadership staff better to have a solid. And quality program. to talk to people. They needtrainleadership better. staff and better to get beter quality in their program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love being at the Y. I only work part time but I’ve found the Y a perfect place for me finding my second career a little later in life. The Y looks for folks who have an up attitude and forward motivation. Although the pay and benefits aren’t top tier you can bet on being pleased to show up at work there. For me just knowing that what I’m doing is giving back to my community is worth it. Plus I’m gaining experience and getting access to training in my field of interest.
Free membership!
Pay is a little low
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really talk to the members to find out what they want and value the loyalty in the staff that there when it’s tuff.👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part/full time opportunity.. good work environment.. timings are flexible.. need to increase pay scale.. but otherwise fun to work with children. Overall good experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very unorganized. No lunch or any kind of breaks for employees.. They say one thimg and do another. Core values are for how they treat customers but not employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to teach and promote healthy lifestyle choices. I helped coordinate and implement wellness camp for all ages and assisted in group exercise classes. I enjoyed working and interacting with such wide range of clients.
short hours shifts
no pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A handful of management staff at the YMCA ranging from all levels (wellness, program director, executive director, and the corporate office) truly evoke every characteristic of the mission statement with kindness, treating employees as humans just as themselves...then there’s the other 75% who are unable to provide true leadership, balance member relationships appropriately, or adhere to the demands of wellness effectively. It’s disappointing as a fitness instructor, personal trainer, and advocate for health and wellness to come across such individuals who could use mandatory training in areas of leadership, communication, customer service, mindfulness, wellness, and the basic Christian beliefs this organization is founded on.
Pro érvek
Builds social skills, earn experience, and grow with your family
Lacks empathy
Munkahelyi kultúra
I supervised 40+ part time employees and worked closely with a large budget. Working for a non-profit is a different experience and I gained valuable knowledge with the YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The lifestyle at the YMCA is very fun its never a dull moment when your with your peers and espically when your working with the kids. I learned at the YMCA that communication and teamwork are key to succsefull work enviroment
free lunch long breaks
there were no cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
I's a great job to be a teenager and just starting out. How to further assist the kids with there homework, help parent with their payment arrangements and etc.
Enjoying the Kids