Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Reston, VA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Reston, VA25 értékelés
25 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 380 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in the evening, you have to be quick on your feet and able to balance multiple tasks (check in members, answer phone calls, sell memberships ect.). The environment is laid back and friendly. The staff and members are great to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y is a very rewarding job. Working with kids for almost a decade I’ve gotten to see a lot of kids grow up. I still see some of my students around Reston and it is always a joy to see them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working there because of the people and sense of community but I felt as if my job was just to fill in if i was needed when I was under the impression I would be working full time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA over hired that summer. They expected higher volume of children for their summer camps and could not guarantee jobs or hours to any of their counselors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was amazing, very understanding and flexible. They were clearly very well trained and educated. I felt like I could always approach them. Kept things professional. They employees were very nice and had a good "team' feeling to it. They worked around my university school schedule and understood how important school was to me. Employees were allowed to use the gym at the facility for free. They really showed me what it was like to work at a professionally run establishment who actually care about their employees. I was recognized for my hard work by both staff and parents (I worked in the day care) and received a raise after three months which was unexpected but great!
Pro érvek
Understanding management, flexible hours, weekends off
Kontra érvek
required uniforms, no paid time off for part-time workers
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great organization. I loved the people I worked with. The organization also gives back to the community. The camps for kids are awesome.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great staff. Great People. An amazing place to work. It is very fun and enjoyable to work here. This is a place where people are very passionate about what they do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
staff were respectful and welcoming. enjoyed working with kids. Great location. would recommended this job to others. would love to work at this location or another again
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to gain amateur experience. There was not much productive training prior to working on the job, so you must be a quick learner. Overall, fun work environment because it feels like camp everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been with the y since 2015. I love working from. I stated out part-time and worked my way up to full-time. My co-workers are amazing and the members are even better
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like kids this is the place to work. Flexible hours with okay pay. Management is pretty cool. As far as advancement , lead or director of a program is as far as you go.
Flexible hours
Time off is hard to get
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was responsible for more children than normal because my coworker left a lot with no accountability. However I enjoyed working with the kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great job to have setting up the play area and cleaning up was easy to do. I learned CPR working with YMCA.The hardest part of the job was putting away the moon bounce in the closet. My most enjoyable part of the job was playing with the children it made the day go by fast.
Getting paid for CPR training
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the Y because I got to meet people on a daily basis. My only draw back was that management never supported the staff. My coworkers were ok. Some better than others.
Pro érvek
meeting people, reduced child care for child.
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workers looked out for each other and management was kind and caring regarding employees and helping them maintain work/life balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place to serve your community, I was volunteering so everyone was really nice and provided the support I need to meet the task.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summer camp involved outdoor activities, field trips and pool time. The focus was active play and teamwork.

I learned that summer camp should be an exciting and active place for children to express themselves and have fun. Management was very inviting and supportive. My coworkers all established positive relationships with one another creating an easy environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was the long hours in the hot sun. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating experiences that were memorable.
Focus on fun
Exposure to harsh elements
Munkahelyi kultúra
The day begins with breakfast, followed by circle time and group discussion. Activities are held throughout the day and their are designated times for gym and outdoor play.

Management was available for support throughout the day and served as the face or the organization. Co-workers worked together and served as active support systems for one another.

The hardest part of my job was not being assertive enough. Being the youngest employee with minimal outside obligations lead to being called in often and asked to stay until close. This lead to feeling overworked at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would arrive in the afternoon and have a meeting with the director and co workers. We would set up our space and wait for the children to arrive. We would start with homework and then follow up with an activity. There were designated times for gym and outdoor play.

I learned that maturity goes a long way in the work place and that hiring your friends is not always beneficial for the work place. As far as the kids, I learned about different upbringings and how little some children get to experience due to economic difficulties.

My management was also their for support but lacked in experience to effectively solve employee conflict. My co workers at times lacked maturity in decision making but had excellent relationships with the children.

The hardest part of my job was not feeling included with the rest of the staff. There were times where I did not feel I had support on certain issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet children who come from different backgrounds and learn new things about culture and my community.
Relationships with the children
Lack of staff inclusion
Munkahelyi kultúra
enjoyed teaching the youth how to interact with one another, I taught the essential steps & techniques. management was fine. I followed instruction well and we worked as a team to benefit the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
During a typical day at the YMCA, children have a curriculum of activities that are implemented in fun and engaging ways. My favorite part of the day is character development. During this time, counselors make sure to instill core values into our children. The YMCA prides itself on honesty, responsibility, respect, caring and faith. I find it important to include those in everyday situations to make sure children are aware and prepared for all situations they may face. The hardest part of my day is when my children are upset or scared to participate in an activity because someone has told them that they aren't good enough to accomplish a task. Uplifting and serving as a role model to my children is of the utmost importance to me. Giving back to the community is way more rewarding than any paycheck!
Pro érvek
Free membership, serving as a role model, paying it forward
Short hours
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés