Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Redlands, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Redlands, CA37 értékelés
37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 077 értékelés megtekintése
I enjoyed the YMCA
I liked working at the YMCA, as I had a flexible schedule and was able to work a job into my already hectic life. It was an amazing first job that gave me a lot of skills interacting with people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in concessions specifically in redlands area
I got to work with some of my best friends and had the best of time. It was a colenteer option but it was super fun and i got to work on y work ethic and yeah.
Productive and positive
Every saturday morning was easy set up chairs for the parents to sit down and watch there kids play basketball. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive energy I recieved each morning.
Seasonal job
Good job to begin with. Great employees and great kids. Would recommend this job to anyone that’s wants to take care of children and who’s trying to get a job over the holidays
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
High employee turn over rate
Pass. Company has high employee turn over. Hard work for minimal pay. No recognition for going beyond work duties. Expect 10 to 15 cent pay raise every couple years.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
High turnover
Good company in general. They tend to have a high turnover rate. Fairly easy job and I was able to get time off when i needed it for creative work. Good job for a college student or someone who is only looking for part time work
Entertaining and supervised
During time here, mainly assisted as a teacher aid and child care giver for an after school program. On average each adult had a ration of 14 children to 1 adult. Often times, children were well behaved but other times we would be placed with those of special needs and on the side tried to complete the ratio. Since the lack of personnel, I would find myself struggling to help a special needs child and another child at the same time, not that I am demanding with special needs but do believe that if a person is to take care and help out a child that can be more demanding the ratio should be lowered. Also, since it was a part time job, the salary would barley only cover my travel costs to get to the location and the hours were not enough. Overall, the employers and management were quite understanding to my situations.
Fun Place
fun environment.
Learned to be a better instructor.

Christian base company.

most enjoyable part of the job is you get to teach kids how to play volleyball.
fast paste, and busy
A typical day of work is filled with lost of kids and screaming, and babies crying. Receiving this job help me learn more patience. The managers are helpful and work with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job is learning that every kid is not the same. The most enjoyable is knowing that you can be making a difference is a kids life.
free gym membership
no enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a positive work environment
The YMCA allows for community interaction in a fun environment. Though many employees are seasonal or part-time, all are treated with respect with work and life skills appreciate.
Good for part-time job
The work is good for a part-time job. Management isn't the best but lifeguards get free training and each year you get a few cents/dollars more of a raise. I only work a few hours a week
People-watching
Most of lifeguarding is just watching people and making sure that they don't do anything potentially dangerous. Accidents do happen, but the required lifeguard training more than prepared me for it.
It was an experience
They promise you hours then cut your hours. Not cool, lots of people have families they are supporting. They really need to get their act together. So frustrating
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible scheduling, great atmosphere, wonderful staff, but minimal hours
I absolutely love working here, everyone is very friendly and it’s wonderful to be able to develop relationships with the children. My days are always brightened, and at times the sheer number of children may be stressful, I always WANT to come into work. Certainly has its flaws, but the YMCA is full of warm, friendly people and i plan to work here a long time. I have developed great friendships with many coworkers, and 85% of the time parents are wonderful and kind. A very rewarding job if you enjoy kids. However, if you are just okay with kids then do not take this job. We have anywhere from 0-60 kids at one time and it can be extremely overwhelming.
Extra Money
This is a job that just provides extra money. Only the managers get paid a good amount of money. Students come home from college and work here while studying on their laptops.
Slow work
Pay
Overall non profit program
Working with children and families was very rewarding. I believe the program is a benefit to the community who needs before and after school care for their children.
Ok
Working as a lifeguard is ok until the boss comes in to play she does not have a great and positive work attitude and makes your job a hostile work environment.
10 minute break
Little work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have learned to come to like working at the YMCA after learning many things.
From working with children I have been able to inquire patience through teaching the children the skills needed to swim. I have understood what is needed of my through management.
Pro érvek
Get to work with children, get to swim, get certifications
Kontra érvek
Chlorine isn't the best for my skin
Primarily Administrative
workload fluctuates depending on time of year/school calendar based. I enjoy my coworkers and consider some as family.
Management has experienced a few changes, but on wide spectrum of responsibility, does not affect me as much.

Hardest part is last week of July through end of August during main

crunch of enrollment. Very, Very Stressful and overtime is common.
Atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Will Not give me Full Time Status back.
1,0
Horrible company
Do not work here it is sicking and horribly run the HR department is bias and wont listen to you for anything. The supervisors are all terrible and the staff turnover rate is sky high. I advise you not to work here the pay is horrible and they treat their good employees like garbage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ability to teach a child and have fun while doing it.
I have the privilege to work with preschool age children from 3 to 5 years old. I love the interaction I have with my children. The excitement that shows on there face when they are telling me a story or explaining what they just learned. I get daily hugs as well as beaded necklaces and personal pictures made just for me. Getting through a activity is sometimes a challenge as we have frequent bathroom breaks and the child who wants the teacher to do it for them. Let me not forget the daily spilt milk and the family style meals that take most of our lunch time as the children slowly pass the food around. I would not change any part of my day with my class
Daily hugs
Kontra érvek
job cutbacks no more benefits employees put on part time.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés