Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Raleigh, NC

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
139 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 779 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely loved this job. My team was supportive and positive. I was able to come in with new ideas and implement them. Once you get past youth director level though it is hard to move up.
Staff, Work life balance, Flexibility with planning programming
Pay, Hard to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace culture is pretty laid back, with a welcoming atmosphere. Co-workers usually get along and always tend to make time for fun. Management is okay, but tend to always have a "volun-tell" attitude and can sometimes lack understanding when it comes to diversity and creative freedom. Working with youth can sometimes be the BEST and WORST part of your day.
Pro érvek
Great coworkers, meaningful work, managers don't suck, free membership
Kontra érvek
low compensation, long hours, work on weekends, tend to pile work without additional compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work for a student, but don’t expect to be treated an better as you become an adult. I tried my best to work my way up, but when I didn’t fit into the perfect little box they wanted me to, I was held back from advancements. The AE Finley Y in Raleigh, NC does not practice what they preach and dishonorable to their own Christian mission.
The kids are wonderful and the We Build People campaign is magical
Kontra érvek
Literally everything else, Compensation sucks, Benefits suck, No positive reinforcement from management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
We get to have a lot of fun with the kids, I get to know the kids very well and they trust me a lot I love all the kids there. I can’t wait to come back to the school and see all the kids.
The kids
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a great way of giving back to the members of my community who like to stay active. As a lifeguard, I take pride in ensuring the safety of YMCA members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive staff and flexible hours. Great sense of community and well-compensated. I really enjoy the opportunities and the role affords me the chance to meet new people, and feel valued as a team member.
Staff camraderie
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt very supported by my boss and coworkers. I was a great opportunity to connect with a diverse population and learn how to communicate with kids and parents. I loved teaching kids new skills and seeing them improve in their skills on a daily basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the hours when working with youth programs can be somewhat challenging, the work and environment more than compensates. The Y is definitely more than a gym and I've enjoyed being part of their cause-driven community. Even when I leave this role, I will still be committed to supporting and being a part of my local Y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most days you worked independently. All of the staff at the YMCA are friendly and respectful. It was a quiet and peaceful environment in the office area.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great place for people of all ages to work if they enjoy working directly with others in a healthy lifestyle oriented job. There is never a dull moment!
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a great place to work for someone who is not looking to make ends meet. It's a safe place. Gym benefits are a plus. The majority of the employees are part timers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y follows their mission and values for both its members and its employees. The Y is a great place to start for a full time job and learn how to grow and succeed within a company with others that fully support you and your goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is fun place to work. For me there wasn’t a real opportunity for advancement. But it was still a worth it experience for the skills I learned from the program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have had a great experience working with the YMCA. I've grown here and learned so much. Everyone is friendly and eager to help you along the way. Its a great place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the most part, you get to have fun and play games with kids. It can get a little frustrating at time when kids start acting up, but it is honestly a great environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA would be a good first job for someone. Definitely a job for someone who enjoys being around kids. I think the staff is underpaid as far as being moved up to management and only making $1 more an hour.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a good first job, but not a job if you intend on paying for monthly bills as a college student, i would recommend this job more for high schoolers looking for a first job that looks good on a college application or if you need an easy summer job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The boss picked favorites and required people to prioritize the job over school and life.... I don't know how else to put it, she was disorganized. Frequently talked and handled situations in an unprofessional manner. Scheduled people when it wasn't within their availability. Held some people at a hire standard than others. There was no orientation when I arrived so I was left struggling in my role.I loved the patrons and coworkers but management was less to be desired.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very satisfying place to work if you like kids and developmental stuff. The environment is decent and other co workers are decent people who teach Christian principles. They offer flexible hours and manage around a standard after school or day school schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
IF you want to work with kids, or grow in administrative duties, this is the place. The YMCA is a great place to gain connections for the future, as well as training to become a stronger individual.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my second job and I applied to be a camp counselor. The experience with my coworkers and superiors was almost always positive. I will coming back next summer to work again. 9/10 recommend