Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Portland, OR

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Portland, OR29 értékelés
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 230 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Past management had a clear vision, strong transparency and a supportive culture. Marketing and communications played a critical role with the ability to lead, make a positive difference and work collaboratively with colleagues to meet the goals of the association.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Split shift is not ideal. Start at 6:30 AM and end at 6:00 PM. Not great pay. Job is secure but can't advance. Management doesn't seem to care for their employees too much. It's great working w/ families and the schools but YMCA can make it difficult.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need improvent in every levels. Staff need training and managemnet cannot take shortcut. Clients paid top dollars for a childcare services but they didn't get it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company with passionate staff. Staff changes sometimes but most are in it to win. Flexible schedules most of the time. Job security is a plus...
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a wonderful place to work for. I made a lot of friends through working for the YMCA and felt like I was an asset to the community and made a difference in the lives of the families that I served
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If I could have the passion of the people helping out at Ymca I’ll surely be blessed. The staff there are so true always helping those in communities that are less fortunate. And they don’t care about the area they have to work, they are driven by the passion for what they do. I loved working there. Keep up the good work YMCA
Pro érvek
When it’s teamwork event YMCA sorts there staff out.
Never
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has a mission to help children which is what drives everything they do. The have a great corporate culture and it is a great place to start a career as they are very helpful with learning new skills.
Pro érvek
Great culture and learning opportunities
Non-competitive pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great experience working here. I was offered to come back and work anytime I was ready to. This is my extended family. I learned to have patience, calm, and more alert. The most enjoyable part of the day, watching the kids laugh, play and actually have fun learning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Divided workplace between the actual employees in the field and the mangers in the office. A lot of unprofessional gossip talk around the work place. The rules are to strict at some sites and to loose at others. Management is poorly run and does not listen to employees needs or wishes
Working with kids
Upper management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked in various locations while in college. Flexible with school schedules, but not as much during the summer months.

Good standing with management until two months prior to my departure. Work environments range from somewhat good to utter chaos until supervisors intervened, causing excessive stress and frustration for staff.
Flexible Hours, part-time PTO
Kontra érvek
Work Environment, barely any benefits, etc...
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at rhe YMCA. It was fun, my son also attended while I worked. They treat children well, my boss was wonderful. Flexible and was very understanding about things. I would reccomend it to anyone who wanted to work in that field.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a reasonable job to earn a living. Only got paid $10/hr and it was more of a waste only working 4 hours a day for pennies. not worth the job, really.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Gained much knowledge in the areas of staffing and management. Not as much support provided as needed to function adequately in job. High turnover corporation. Staff compensation not competitive.
pto
hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed interacting with kids.
Not much room for advancement

Good continuing education

Indoor outdoor time

snacks provided

supporting role for teachers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for but management was horrible only cam in when they wanted too whenever there was something wrong with the building or inside the classroom it was never handled in a timely manner.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I found a very disorganized workplace. I received little to no training. There are lots of regulations, and people from corporate office drop in regularly to make sure you're following them strictly. I was hired at the same time as a woman. The hiring manager was quite condescending to her, asking her if she understood what he was saying, while never asking me. The benefits are barebones. The pay is low, and the expectations are high.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for a few summers. Parents were definitely the hardest part of this job. Dealing with parents for example, that were upset about the amount of Legos we had available for their 5 year old child to play with. My superiors were always just a call away with a fix to problems that I had no control over. I really appreciated them. Working with the kids at an engineering camp was always a lot of fun.
Helping Kids Learn, Teamwork with other coaches
Week to Week scheduling
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA was a GREAT experience for me. Being in charge of my own site was a challenge but extremely rewarding. Working with the school and parents was fantastic. The children were such FUN to work with
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my time working with children I was able to create curriculum around art, music, movement and literacy. The curriculum was based on brain development research, and the children were incredibly receptive to my program. When I would arrive the children were very excited; they always listened well and were excited participants.
Pro érvek
Was able to do amazing work with children.
Kontra érvek
I found myself regularly mediating conflict among teachers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In the YMCA, everyday is a different day. Might be good or it might be bad. Dealing with kids can be very challenging but to be a good worker you have to keep your patience. The kids are amazing, love going to work everyday as role model and help them in their everyday life. Management is the one making my job not fun and enjoyable. Dealing everyday with people who are very negative can be very disappointing and stressful.
Weekends off.
Kontra érvek
No healthcare, full time and managment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with the children and my direct supervisor however, management was one of the poorest I have worked for. It took over a month and a half to receive my first paycheck, multiple mis-communications as well as management was not willing to be flexible at all.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés