Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Pittsburgh, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Pittsburgh, PA89 értékelés
89 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok pay, low stress job but no opportunity for advancement . Due to association downsizing and financial constraint, yearly raises are low and not alot of mobility within the company
Low stress
No advancement
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The leadership team has struggled to gel for years. This shows up in the lack of culture in the Y. They don’t have a real HR lead, hence all the lawsuits. Operations lead, only cares about money. We don’t raise near enough money for the size of the org we have. The CEO is never present. The mission is great, but it doesn’t match your everyday experience. Part time people are treated as if they are disposable, while people at the AO are seemingly irreplaceable.
Mission
Kontra érvek
They don’t honor the mission.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was lucky enough to have an amazing director, but the people at the top are extremely disconnected from the organization and its needs. Very disappointed in my time here
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great flexibility, workplace culture and feeling like "you" make a difference.
The YMCA is always adjusting the way they provide critical needs based on the current area needs.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience was overall positive. You will deal with all types of people. I really enjoyed the flurish of activity, and the large numbers of people I saw.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Taught to work with a wide variety of children. Given leadership roles and opportunity to advance in their work. Happy environment that makes you excited to go to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Creating/running various activities to make sure the children of summer camp are having fun, staying active, and making new friends in a diverse environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is fabulous. People are extremely like minded and helpful. I love the impact we make on a community level and one on one. I truly am blessed to be apart of this organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ymca is a good place and member are great with full of nice people and the workers are great we keep the building clean and keep the ymca members happy make sure it a save place for the kids and teenagers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having several kids to watch could be stressful, but everything about it is fun. Awesome activities to do each day with the kids. You are sad to leave because you learn to love the kids as time goes on.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You learn fast how to work with children and you have to plan their days. It was fun and impactful but management could be better; they do not help when you need it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was more than financially rewarding it was mentally rewarding being able to help assist others in their life crisis knowing that there is help out there goes a long way for others
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over worked under staffed disconnected senior management. Middle management only looks out for themselves. Direct staff under appreciated uneducated. Must jump through hoops to get hired for low wages and few hours.
benefits wages
Kontra érvek
lack of repsect for staff families
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in the child watch room and was able to bring my two young children with me to work everyday. It didn't pay much but it kept me active outside the home. I was very grateful for the job.
Pro érvek
bring children to work everyday.
not enough hours or pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a company that generally gives less experienced employees opportunities they might not be afforded elsewhere. The pay is typically slightly below average for the responsibilities of the employee, but they supplement it with great vacation and benefits package.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA gives individuals the opportunity to learn and develop to be a leader in any field. All department directors are treated as small business owners.
flexibility
Work Life Balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at The Y was a life long goal of mine, once it happened I understood how much politics truly do play a role in every aspect of life. I loved my department though, working with children made everything worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
All Management and director teams were very pleasant; just like one big family.

Always had events to keep you interactive with the community and members of organization
Munkahelyi kultúra
As an instructor, you have lots of ability to sub classes and get to know the members. The pay is decent, but a little below the national average for group ex instructors, however it is much better than some of the smaller gyms I have worked for.

Due to the fact that this is a non-profit company, it can get a little frustrating if you wish to move up the ladder and try to get a full-time position, as they do not just create positions because you are a rock star. There is SO much red tape and money constraints, but that is the nature of the non-profit beast! The higher-ups, in my personal experience, have at least shown appreciation for all that I and the rest of the staff do, so it is a nice working environment. The members are usually pretty great to work with.
Pro érvek
employee discounts like free gym membership, reduced fees for programs like kids' swimming lessons
Kontra érvek
tough to move up or make a career at just this company, it is usually necessary to work at multiple gyms to get full time hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a program director, I work flex hours and scheduling which was awesome. My supervisor was positive but held back a lot of information regarding the future of my career. I was not told that I was going from full time with benefits to 12 hours a week.
great people, positive vibes
disconnect with managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great cause-driven charity, unfortunately the Y I worked for had high turnover and dysfunction causing Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The current management is trying to turn the organization around. If they make good leadership decisions moving forward and gain culture and financial health, it will be a great place to work for.