YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Pittsburgh, PA

81 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 835 értékelés megtekintése
Active
Camp Counselor, Camp AIM (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2019, április 24.
You learn fast how to work with children and you have to plan their days. It was fun and impactful but management could be better; they do not help when you need it.
Exciting
Resource and referral specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2019, április 1.
It was more than financially rewarding it was mentally rewarding being able to help assist others in their life crisis knowing that there is help out there goes a long way for others
Stressful
middle management (Volt alkalmazott) –  PGH, PA2019, január 29.
Over worked under staffed disconnected senior management. Middle management only looks out for themselves. Direct staff under appreciated uneducated. Must jump through hoops to get hired for low wages and few hours.
benefits wages
Kontra érvek
lack of repsect for staff families
Munkahelyi kultúra
nice part time job for new mommy
child care worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2019, január 17.
I worked in the child watch room and was able to bring my two young children with me to work everyday. It didn't pay much but it kept me active outside the home. I was very grateful for the job.
Pro érvek
bring children to work everyday.
not enough hours or pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with great people.
Assistant Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, november 18.
The YMCA is a company that generally gives less experienced employees opportunities they might not be afforded elsewhere. The pay is typically slightly below average for the responsibilities of the employee, but they supplement it with great vacation and benefits package.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to learn and become a leader
Director of Aquatics (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA 152222018, október 31.
The YMCA gives individuals the opportunity to learn and develop to be a leader in any field. All department directors are treated as small business owners.
flexibility
Work Life Balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
An ok place
School-Aged Teacher 1 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, október 10.
Working at The Y was a life long goal of mine, once it happened I understood how much politics truly do play a role in every aspect of life. I loved my department though, working with children made everything worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun place to work and keeps you healthy
Office Assistant/Welcome Center Representative (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, szeptember 29.
All Management and director teams were very pleasant; just like one big family.

Always had events to keep you interactive with the community and members of organization
group ex instructor- Greensburg YMCA
Fitness Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, szeptember 8.
As an instructor, you have lots of ability to sub classes and get to know the members. The pay is decent, but a little below the national average for group ex instructors, however it is much better than some of the smaller gyms I have worked for.

Due to the fact that this is a non-profit company, it can get a little frustrating if you wish to move up the ladder and try to get a full-time position, as they do not just create positions because you are a rock star. There is SO much red tape and money constraints, but that is the nature of the non-profit beast! The higher-ups, in my personal experience, have at least shown appreciation for all that I and the rest of the staff do, so it is a nice working environment. The members are usually pretty great to work with.
Pro érvek
employee discounts like free gym membership, reduced fees for programs like kids' swimming lessons
Kontra érvek
tough to move up or make a career at just this company, it is usually necessary to work at multiple gyms to get full time hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great People, great message, disconnect to managers
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, augusztus 25.
As a program director, I work flex hours and scheduling which was awesome. My supervisor was positive but held back a lot of information regarding the future of my career. I was not told that I was going from full time with benefits to 12 hours a week.
great people, positive vibes
disconnect with managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great job for someone who is philanthropic
Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, augusztus 24.
The Y is a great cause-driven charity, unfortunately the Y I worked for had high turnover and dysfunction causing Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The current management is trying to turn the organization around. If they make good leadership decisions moving forward and gain culture and financial health, it will be a great place to work for.
Great organization
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, június 19.
Over the past few months working at the YMCA has been a great experience. It has taught me alot about life and how to deal with things you will encounter in life.
Great environment, good benefits
Space
solid place to work
Membership Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, május 24.
This was a fine place to work - I found that I was not interested in marketing and PR however, so looked for alternative career choices - not to the fault of the YMCA
productive environment
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, május 23.
A place to help the community better itself along with being productive in making families be more involved and active with learning an studying the community that it tends to.
Productive and fun enviroment
Co-Teacher/Lead Teacher III/Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, május 14.
A typical day while working was high intensity. We had sometimes over 60 children in the after school program that we needed to be in ratio to and watch over constantly. I enjoy fast paced work and my co-workers as well as the ages of the students in our care. it was fun working with K-8th grade.
Grinding and taxing
Business Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, április 25.
It is difficult to work here until you make it to upper management- you get paid a lot, don't really work, never get fired, and are not held accountable. Have to go to a lot of meetings, and you hear the same things over and over again. Grinding and taxing when you start off and they usually run people out pretty fast.
Nice place to work
Childcare Teacher 1 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, január 4.
Its a nice place to work as a side job. It doesn't pay enough for an actually career if you have a family. It is also kinda disorganized at the moment. That being said it can be a little difficult to work there.
Great place
Assistant Group Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2017, december 31.
YMCA is a great place for employment. The is a lot of room for advancement. The employees work together as a team. The YMCA caters to children's need, which is a plus.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding job, poor management and structure
Daycare Teacher Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2017, december 21.
This was a rewarding job but the management and rapport between coworkers was poor. Manager was condescending and not understanding of personal situations outside of work, or the fact that all employees were also full time students. Enjoyed the kids, did not enjoy the lack of value for my skills and dedication even after being there for 2+ years.
Pro érvek
development of leadership skills, working with children
Kontra érvek
poor management, passive-aggressive work environment
Very fun and stimulating
Childcare Provider/Teacher (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2017, december 7.
Fast paced and fun to work with kids. The job can be a bit more stressful than you may think it is. However working with school aged children can always prove to be an intense task. worthwhile great pay.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van