Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oklahoma City, OK

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
67 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 779 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good entry job. No advancement. Work closing primarily alone, even at night. Skeleton crew atmosphere. Pay is very low. There is a lot of employment favoritism.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for 2 years as a lead childwatch supervisor. Every person in management will constantly lie to you, leave you without supplies, and is mostly unreachable. Do not waste your time working for this company. Staff talks badly about members and constantly vocally judges those that are customers of the organization. There will be times where you will need various things from your supervisor, don't count on getting anything for weeks at a time. The kids and families are mostly amazing, that is what will make you want to stay. You will want to make a difference and make things better. But don't waste your life away here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Y in the child watch center. The hours were flexible, you could bring your child to work, and it's a fun work environment. Management was great and they really listened to employees needs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job. I am a widow & need to be around people or I will die. My husband of 43 yrs committed suicide 4 years ago. So if I didn’t I would cry all day. They are my family now. They take great pride in being a family facility. I definitely do not work for the pay. I get to work as few or as many hours a week as I want.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They pray before meetings and proselytize staff. They make it where only Christian staff are welcome despite YMCA being a charitable organization and not a religious organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good first learning experience I am just looking for somewhere that pays more for what I do , I learned a lot about how to handle customers and I learned time management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I Started At the YMCA I Was Sixteen and in Full time Film School. The YMCA allowed me the flexibility to work for them and attend school with out having to compromise one for the other. The mind set of the mangers is how can we help our employees succeed in there Dreams and Job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall a good place to work and has an amazing community around it. I've learned a lot in the way of customer service and how to work with others better. The management is great there, they do what they can for the employee. You feel like you're apart something. The job can feel repetitive and slow but you meet a lot of amazing people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From an entry level children's counselor, to a membership associate, finally as a Site Coordinator. This was the best place to work. Kind people, an incredible cause, and the ability to serve my community. The YMCA is amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place Work. You get an opportunity to be the catalyst for improving quality of life for all in your community. Flexible schedule, great people, wonderful work environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was actually a fun job I worked with kids and got to show them a little bit about me. I loved playing with the kids and showing them different games to play as well as just letting them have a good time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The leadership is very cliquey and if you aren’t one of them then you are an ant in their way of socializing. No one actually cares about anything, they just want to do the bare minimum. Leadership is very poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great first job to build team work, leadership and workplace skills. The YMCA provides great resources to move up and progress, I was shaped professional during my time there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work started at seven in the morning at the YMCA, and I would open up the school for the children. The YMCA taught me responsibility and time management. To ensure the kids had fun and enjoyed their time at camp activities with the YMCA and outside businesses had to be arranged. Seeing the joy the kids had when playing a new game or playing lazer tag made the job worth it and enjoyable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my part time summer job here. It was smooth and wasn't stressful at all. It's family oriented and faith driven. Would recommend the job to everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work co-workers we’re very nice and easy to get along with. Salary was minimum wage thought :/ manager was really laid back and a nice person
Relaxed and friendly environment
Kontra érvek
Money was not enough to support someone living in an apartment
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y has been a great and flexible job for me and my family! We watch the kids, play and interact with them as well as their parents. It's a very rewarding job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love being a part of a stable successful organization. Our members trust and believe in the YMCA. We teach and influence people to better themselves physically and mentally.
Pro érvek
A delightful work environment and great benefits for full time employees
Kontra érvek
Offers multiple part time positions in the same area, instead of full time positions with benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Front desk Working with guest from different cultures Love the kids who come in excited to be there Coworkers are wonderful and helpful good teamwork
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, known to be one of the “best” first jobs. But is actually a joke. Almost get NO break throughout a long, hot shift and constantly having to do other peers work. Lack of leadership and supervisors ability to fix it.
Pro érvek
Benefits, outtakes from the job
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, slow-paced, fellow employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Your day starts when you arrive at work. You job is to get the children excited about being at camp because often times they are nervous to be away from their parents for most of the day (8am to 6pm). You get the children pumped up by dancing and singing and BEING A KID YOURSELF! You are to participant in the games the children play so it works if you are a competitive individual. Hardest part of the job is saying by to the children after summer camp is over. It is the hardest part because you have developed a bond with these children and watched how they changed and developed over the course of camp and so saying goodbye can be hard. You do not receive breaks. The break you have is lunch and you are normally sitting with your children. You usually have a group of 12-15 children but the group size varies because sometimes children do not got o camp and stay home or go on vacation.
Pro érvek
Interacting with children. Being active. Discount at YMCA.
Kontra érvek
Not many if any breaks. The Y is always on a budget so you don't get paid well.