Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Oak Park, IL

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 798 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the YMCA was enjoyable place to work at because of the individuals I was surrounded by. Ultimately the management was poor and lacked structure and leadership, which led to an unhappy and stressful work environment. Management lacked communication with lower level departments and workers. It was very enjoyable to meet and interact with members and learn new things from networking with them. I enjoyed an occasional lunch bought by management here and there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The communication is unbelivebly horrible and everyone is for themselves. Unclear work expectations plus there was a COVID 19 exposure and nobody was notified until days later and nothing was done about it. The associate director of youth development takes on too much and is very unpredictable to how she will treat you. Nobody wants to work as a team. Plus when I left, they did not pay me for my last week there. do not work here if you can help it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The West cook YMCA itself is falling apart and way before covid. The building has roaches and bed bugs. Working in the daycare room i would complain about the bed bugs because the thought of a baby getting bit in my care terrified me yet they never closed the building to actually and thoroughly get rid of the pest problem. And after while I was scared to complain. The daycare room also violated many basic rules that child care providers should follow; for example the shelves are not harnessed and can fall on children. The toys are very old and broken, paint chipping and such. We had no budget for supplies and i would often take crayons paper etc and I would often pay for those things. All while making only $11/HR
Pro érvek
Free lunches (but not often enough)
Culture, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's and ok job if your a teen or in college, but have to deal with bad managerial skills from others. No communication. Dealing with the campers and staff that are always around is fun. But without communication and direction, work can be tough.
None.
Bad management.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day at work depends on how busy it was. The staffing is super nice becomes a family. The hardest part of the job is if it is busy might have a lot of saves. The most enjoyable part of the job is your coworkers and the guest that come to the pool.
Might have a busy day
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a great place for a young person looking to joining the corporate world. The YMCA also it a great place for someone who love to work with people young and elderly
Use of the facility
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a very fast-paced work environment, every day was never the same. I enjoyed the work I did and interacting with the other employees. The work culture was great and I did learn new things.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the Y was a great experience for me. They have excellent benefits. I was able to learn a lot about how to be a manager, budgeting, Operational plans, etc.
Made a difference
Kontra érvek
There is never enough time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very busy place, has an operations of 24/7, put in a lot of hours and on salary. Working very close with CE), makes final decisions on all department's operations. Meetings are held by him. Like to be involved with all departments and staff, like to be organized and follow procedures or create procedures and process.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is great organization that provides so many programs for so many people. Because of that management hours are long and stressful. The hours do not justify the pay but it's a great place if you want to make a difference in people's lives.
Pro érvek
Great Benefits for full time employees, surrounded by great people and making a difference in your community
Kontra érvek
Long hours, long weeks, upper management has high expectations on a shoestring budget and leads to stress long days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really like working at the Westcook Ymca because it was a great positive enviroment to work in. The staff was very friendly as well as helpful. We were more like a family. What I like most about working for the Y was being able to help other's. The Y help promote healthy living & lifestyle for everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Duties varied according to the company's need, lack of appropriate management, training and salary. The most enjoyable was seeing positive changes and expressions of joy in the lives of the children and parents.
Pro érvek
The working staff, children & parents relations
Poor management, salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the chance to combine my love of kids and my love of water. It is very rewarding to see your students growing and getting better week to week and knowing that you were a part of it. However, the management seemed very chaotic. There was always confusion about schedules and rosters for the swim classes. I had many conversations about raises and promotions but I seemed to be given the run around. I would be promised that something would happen but it never would.
Pro érvek
I was able to use the pool (indoor and outdoor) for free
Kontra érvek
Chaotic atmosphere, not a lot of trust between workers and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was to provide activities in an early morning program before school. Then there was a long break until school was dismissed and the students returned to the building. We would then provide more physically active after school programs. I learned about the different types of functional and dysfunctional family cultures. The management was very fluid and inconsistent as personnel changed. My coworkers were dedicated and competent professionals. The hardest part of the job was the long break while students were in school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratitude of the parents.
Pro érvek
met some very good workers, children, and parents
long unpaid break
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was pushed to learn something new everyday. A typical day was very fast paced and very demanding. My coworkers always had my back and were well rounded individuals. Learning was definitely the most enjoyable part and this environment has many opportunities to move up through management positions. The hardest part was also learning because of the fast paced environment with high demands.
Many opportunities are provided
Expensive healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day always starting off with crabby kids who just recently woke up but just the thought of you being a mentor to the younger youth is such a blessing
Meeting new people
healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Co workers are all friends and get along perfectly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with guest complaints that are beyond your control. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
I dont have a set schedule so my day changes daily. what i have learned is time management, The people that i work with is genuwine and love their jobs. The hardest part of my job is not having stability and no benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the public because i am a people person.
n/a
Employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I prioritize my workload according the deadline of the assignment. I have prior experience of restructuring chart of accounts, served as an administrator for an accounting system, made daily deposits in the absence of the accounting assistant, and trained to use various payroll systems
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a temporary job. I started working there when one of the their employees had a accident. I was working alone on second shift although my schedule overlapped with another co-worker for a short period of time.I had a very good supervisor, which help me learn my duties in a quick and efficient manner. She showed me how to schedule appointments and close the club. I especially enjoyed the days at work when we had lot of appointments because that would make the day seem to go by faster. Also more clientele means more income.I did not find this job too demanding, considering the fact that I've always enjoyed giving massages, even from a young age.
very good environment.
none.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helping families and children sign up for various programs. Very team based atmosphere as well as friendly. Best part of day was being able to meet the needs of the members.