Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: O'Fallon, MO

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
O'Fallon, MO16 értékelés
16 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 083 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA Summer Camp was good summer job for a high school student.
I appreciated the opportunity to have a part-time job at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor because it gave me the ability to use my skills and interest in leadership and recreation while also earning some money for the rest of the school year when I wouldn't be working.
1,0
Not a Very Nice Experience
The YMCA cut corners, which resulted in serious safety issues. Many kids got hurt, many employees got hurt. This got swept under the rug. I was often nervous to go to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mission based organization serving local communities
Greatly blessed to have had the opportunity to work for a very strong independant YMCA for over 18 years.

Had the opportunity to grow in my responsibilities and develop a very rewarding career.
Pro érvek
Build long lasting colleges, friendships and family
Work life Balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay isn’t great, neither is management
There is no communication between management and staff. Staff are constantly told what we do wrong. They do not pay well, and if you were to work summer camp, they would drop your pay to $8.50/hour
Ymca
Tendency for under appreciation from management which resulted in low morale from the entire team working in the district. Very high turnover rates and lack of proper training.
Pro érvek
Nice hours for college students
Kontra érvek
Lack of ability to go higher, morale, turnover
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun Job if you love working with kids!
I enjoy this job very much since I get to work at a school everyday and interact with kids! The only downside is it does not give very many hours. It's an exciting time everyday you go into work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A little bit of everything
There is always something to be done, whether that is helping with childcare, teaching swim lessons, guarding lives in the pool, or cleaning. The facility is great and it was a great first job.
Fun and Rewarding Workplace
Working with young children was enjoyable. The YMCA cares about its employees. It was a rewarding and engaging place to work. The benefits are great, especially the free membership.
cleaning a gym
standard janitorial/custodial job at a gym. take out the trash, mop the lobby, collect used towels, fold clean towels, wash windows, use various different types of floor cleaning machinery.
access to the facility
location
1,0
I hated it there
Never enough staff, management very unfriendly, nothings consistent, new director yearly. Its hard to every feel important, you arent anything except for a ratio placement.
Its a job
Fun and Professional enviroment
My absolute favorite thing about working at the Y is the management staff. Great bosses, who are both understanding and yet are still able to muster the very best out of you. Great benefits and very flexible hours. They will even still employ you even while you are away in school. Overall the best place that I have worked so far.
Reduced family memberships/free membership
closes early on Saturdays and Sundays
Sales Representative
Was in charge of growth of sales department, retention of members, and communication with all levels of management. Consisted of sales calls, giving tours, and developing ways to grow the sales program.
work life balance
low salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment with kids
A typical day at work was refereeing young kids playing sports. I learned a lot about their team work and job experience. The management was very good along with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was making close calls while refereeing and the most enjoyable part was watching the kids improve in their sport.
Fun environment
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aquatic Coordinator, lifeguard instructor, Red Cross Instuctor, Swim Lesson Trainer
I worked with the O'fallon Family YMCA starting as a lifeguard/swim instructor. I was able to quickly move up the ranks to become the Aquatic Coordinator where I conducted interviews for lifeguards, swim instructors, and aquatic fitness instructors. I really enjoyed my time at the YMCA, it was a passion I wish I could return and be the director for the Aquatic Department, but unfortunately the position doesn't pay well enough.
Pro érvek
I love giving children and adults the confidence they need to feel safe in around water.
Kontra érvek
When someone calls in sick for an early shift, it was my responsibility to cover it, and still cover the shifts and workload that were expected of me.
Sports Cordinator Intern
The YMCA was a valuable experience which got "my foot in the door". Working at the YMCA showed me the behind the scenes to what goes on in sports, on a small scale. Putting together schedules, scheduling events, organizing and putting together teams and managing and making practice schedules and games was my major job.
Pro érvek
working with similar minded individuals
Kontra érvek
not very organized at my branch
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun enviroment to train clients in with fun outgoing fellow co-workers
I have to give health assessments, fitness orientations, personal train clients, teach TRX suspension training classes, and Y-Weight lose group training. I love to help people reach their goals and help change their lives for the better.
The managers I deal with directly are great. The other managers and directors mostly stay in the back offices and never come upstairs. Most of them have no idea who I am or my name after 1 year of working there.

Most of my co-workers are great and outgoing. Some are more difficult to work with than others, but that's going to happen in every work place.

The hardest part of the job is getting clientel that is going to stick to a regular routine that you can rely on. It's very difficult to get a lot of hours at the YMCA, and it makes it difficult to have steady pay-checks.

The most enjoyable part is working with my clients. I love working with all of them, and quite a few all made friends with each other through working out with me. It is a fantastic feeling to help change a person's life and make a great bond with them personally. I really love teaching and training all of them.
Pro érvek
flexible work schedule, make most of my own times with my clients
Kontra érvek
pay, very part time, no benefits, only employee on the floor during a shift, depending on your clients
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés