Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: O'Fallon, IL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
O'Fallon, IL20 értékelés
20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 418 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
work starts at 9. I was a one on one this year with a child with autism. we were intermixed with the rest of the campers her age. we led group activities and played games outside. the hardest part of the job was being high energy for a whole 7 hours.
Pro érvek
good for my future as a teacher
long work days
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard to get time off. Turn over rate is horrible. Very stressful working environment. It was good at one time but communication is very lacking. Management does not care about employees. They say they do but in reality they just care that you show up to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a gymnastics instructor for 5 years, never received any recognition for pretty much running the program as a teenage and was never given any pay raise in the 5 years!
Munkahelyi kultúra
All the members at the Y are like family, including the other employees. Everyone is always saying 'hello'. Overall it was a very positive environment even with the changes in leadership in a few of the departments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When it comes to the value of great employees another employee was chosen that stole, lied, stole time, including on work time, and when I proved it I lost my job as a manager, and a excellent fund raiser.
They value males or females, and walked me to the front door.

The top two managers at my location destroyed this facility, and they got rid of every manager or person that worked hard with great work ethics and cared really cared about the members and other employees.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Daily duties included creating lesson plans, stretching with the kids, instructing them through lessons, writing evaluations, and talking with parents after lessons about their child's progress.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked my job. I didn’t do much and I learned life saving skills as well as the task of teaching life saving skills. I learned first aid, and AED licensing.
Pro érvek
Fast paced and laid backed
Not many hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
They were very unorganized and did not pay well they did not communicate well they weren’t giving me any hours which I did not like but some of my co-workers were just amazing and I miss them
The kids
No hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is very rewarding. As a camp counselor you put in at least 8 hours a day in the sun which can be very draining. Staff are friendly. Moving up can be difficult
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with kids with other cooworkers who seem more like family made working here wonderful. Great balance of work life and lots of support from others when you need it
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fantastic place to work. I had a ton of fun working there when i was there. I would 10/10 recommend the YMCA as a place of employment for part-time workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a fantastic place to work, the staff there is very friendly and welcoming, as well as the patrons that come in to use the facility. Working there is very flexible, however as a part time worker, hours are limited unless you pursue a full time position there, which may be hard to get.
Family oriented, Friendly staff and Customers
High Turnover rate, young staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved the people, the job, and the whole experience. I learned so much and met so many people. I had an amazing team, and I still keep in contact with them to this day.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and Creative workplace to work. I learned a lot with assisting customers with weight equipment. Also teaching them on how to use the machines correctly.
Discounts on classes
Not fulltime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work was fun. I really enjoyed interacting with the kids there, mentoring them, and having a positive impact on them throughout my time there.
I learned a lot of supervision skills, and how to not only be accountable for 20-30 children at a time, but also how to interact with co-workers who weren't typically used to dealing with kids. I learned how to compensate for the lack of experience and skills others had, and also how to stay even-keeled through almost any situation.

Hardest part of the job having to be a disciplinarian for children for things they should have learned from their guardians.

Easiest part of the job was showing up to work. I enjoyed learning and growing with the youth i supervised or coached on a given day.
Pro érvek
Local in my community, had substance and I was able to give back to my community.
Kontra érvek
wages and lack of hours available
3,0
Friendly environment
I learned how to talk to parents and interact with children

I loved my coworkers and my supervisor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here. Always a way to advance if you were willing to put time and effort in. The employees were always helping each other.
Good hours
Free gym membership

Great Co-workers

Chemicals from pool made me sick a lot
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent relationships among staff and employers with multiple opportunities to develop in the job and work culture.

Easy, informal atmosphere serving members.
Pro érvek
Work culture, great part-time gig for younger people going through school
Kontra érvek
Difficult to advance in compensation or job position if trying to acquire full-time with benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is an amazing experience! The staff are very involved with what they do and take the core values very seriously. Given the nature of both being a non-profit and a community center, advancement can be difficult. Despite this, most people still don't want to leave! Members are by and large a joy to work with and I've never seen any issues that would make me second guess a position there.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés