Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Newark, NJ

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
40 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast pace and excellent work atmosphere. Great staff and administrators are understanding and willing to work with you. Good support team and clean working environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for those who are currently in college and want to build up a resume and gain some experience. I truly enjoyed being part of the YMCA Family
Munkahelyi kultúra
This position is very rewarding due to it giving me the opportunity to change and greatly affect the lives of the next generation. Sometimes, the children can be a challenge, but we work together to get through each one and grow together.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is not such a terrible place to work. It's a great gig for a young type fresh out of HS, not so great for a doctoral candidate. Sure, working with youngsters, a really cool staff, as well as helping teachers with goals is fine but it does not fill up the bank account.
Pro érvek
Relaxed & cool atmosphere, meet cool people, job location, help kids
Kontra érvek
Very very low pay, no job advancement
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a personal trainer at heart. Again another job that i love helping people. It was a joy to me seeing people become a better version of themselves.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Full of excitement. Working with the youth you never really know what you're going to be faces with. The challenge is solving/dealing with each situation honestly. I constantly have flashbacks, most of the time all i can do is smile. My coworkers, most of them are very helpful and kind. I look forward to seeing them each day of work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company has very good intentions. Many more accomplishments could be realized if the company revisited their brand. The workspaces were not conducive for work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got to work with some pretty amazing kids and i wouldn't trade it for the world. I also helped the young men grow into as far as helping them to achieve small goals that they were not able to do before hand. Ex i was able to help a young man get over his face of not understanding multiplication but with some confidence in him and helping him understand that multiplication is cool he passed a few test of his.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What excited me about this job was relationship you would have with clients, more like family than anything. Customer service is definitely implemented it comes to dealing with families in need of care, it has to be a level of compassion, love and respect within you and also a genuine personality in order to do this job productively.
Social skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good place to work it just didn't pay enough, I also got to enter act with a lot of people and help a lot of people get into there own apartment, and I love what they do for the community.
The holidays
Lack of communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
Staff are not supported by management (proper training, understanding their full job responsibilities, assisting new employees, or old employees promoted to new positions, properly staffed programs, equipment needed to run a successful program) Management as well as leadership have poor communication skills, which leads to unnecessary mistakes, and confusion. Either there is no communication about responsibilities or task, or it is addressed unprofessionally (choice of words, tone, or chastisement).
Gym Access, Meeting New People, Changing and Building the Community
Management, Communication, Fair Pay, Lack of Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a mentor for kids at the ymwca in Newark and now I help out at he Elizabeth location. its a cool place to meet individual's and network. I helped out with kids and trained them for basketball.
good atmosphere
pay was bad
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very unprofessional High employee turn over and management is never around for staff. The Manager is not a problem solver to assist staff in need and staff is constantly short staff due to frequent Counselor call outs. Residents threaten staff the facility is filthy bed bugs and other rodent.
near public transportation
no room for development
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great company to be employed by. It was a great experience and helped me further my career. I would recommend this job to my friends and family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I believe that this company need better management is place to better assist their employees. The job can be very stressful at times and a bit overwhelming. There should be training in place for ALL employees full and part-time staff to better assist in dealing with the homeless population. The employees deal with different personalities and at time it may be difficult for the employees to cope.
Pro érvek
being able to assist those in needs
Kontra érvek
not enough support from superiors
Munkahelyi kultúra
Program semi-thrived in an organization that would benefit from some donations/extra staff/renovations. Workplace culture included vulnerable teenagers and burnt out employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started at the YMCA as a teenager fresh out of high school going into college. I learned a lot from the YMCA as far as cleanliness and what a facility should look like when it is cleaned. I attained my black seal low pressure license while working here at the Newark YMCA. I just have a lot of stories to tell about what I have endured while working at the YMCA.
Free Gym Membership
Healthcare, Salary advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
I highly recommend people apply for jibs at the YMCA. The YMCA is a very nice place to meet people and to relax. It is a good people to go. I loved it
Free lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job, had flexible days and hours. I had to learn how to make my pool safe when i was in charge, not what the swimmers believe they can do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy coming to work and seeing my coworkers. We are all supportive of each other and help each other out when necessary. A typical day consists of working on multiple projects. I enjoy the work we do in the community. I have learned a lot from working here about how to manage multiple projects, planning events, and I have also gained leadership skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA included walking into warm, friendly smiles and greetings. My fellow co-workers helping each other prepare for the task of teaching the youth.