Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Newark, DE

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 782 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
the YMCA of Delaware is a great place to work. The staff is like family. WE always have a wonderful, supportive atmosphere. I enjoy going to work to interact with the staff and members everyday,
Munkahelyi kultúra
sometimes fun sometimes not management excellent great co-workers Working at night was hard, it involves cleaning in hot places. working during the day was my favorite but it was busy
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good wages for the work as a teenager. Good balance between work and school.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is perfect for the teenager that's good with children looking for a quick and reliable job. The hours are flexible and management is "good" with your schedule. It's a great way to learn how to be a teacher if that is what you're interested in. Both the interacting with children and the lesson planning and working with Delaware Stars is a great skill to learn and you will definitely learn that working at the YMCA. Hardest part of the job is accepting the fact that your responsibilities will be much more than what your pay grade is. A lot is required of you for little pay. You are required to be available with little notice and you must be prepared to move from school to school; again with little to no notice. If you are really involved with the children then your job will be rewarding. However, management is not consistent with their policies and procedures. The role of director has been replaced several times within the last several years and it hasn't been effective. The children itself love the program, however behind the scenes very little is consistent.
good learning experience
no consistency with management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work begins at 6:55 am and ends at 9 am. We work on literacy projects in the morning so that children are able to begin their daily thinking processes. In the afternoon myself and co-workers implement a weekly curriculum, as well as provide the students with the opportunity to get involved in some type of physical activity. I have awesome co-workers, and we are always supporting one another in all of our activities. The hardest part of my job is dealing with parents that at times can be unruly. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping put a smile on the children's faces. Our management is someone tough to deal with from time to time, but overall they do their best to look after their employees.
Pro érvek
Interaction with many families, and children. Ability to help a vast group of people
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone was great to work with. Really good organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical worday at the YMCA was always moving, very limited downtime, but I had very pleasant and patient people to train me and guide me. The management was always available for any questions or concerns I had, and always understanding. I loved all of my coworkers, despite how unplesant some of the members may have been, we were always there for eachother. I felt like I was part of a family. The hardest part of the job was Learning the computer systems being they were very intricate and hard to opperate. Also learning all the programs we offer, and staying up to date with everything that was going on in the facility to ensure I had answers at all times to members. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff. Most of them were laid back but maintained professional. They were all warm hearted, kind people. We all functioned as a well oiled machine. I found it easy to settle into my position at Member services.
Pro érvek
good staff, good management, well operated organization
Kontra érvek
limited full time positions. no benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cleaning the building and having customers compliment on them meant alot. hardest part of the job was working one day over night.
free membership
2nd and 3rd shift hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great kids and beautiful parents that made the job a pleasent place to work.
the hours was great.