Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Newark, DE

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Newark, DE29 értékelés
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 635 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
the YMCA of Delaware is a great place to work. The staff is like family. WE always have a wonderful, supportive atmosphere. I enjoy going to work to interact with the staff and members everyday,
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday was different. Never a dull moment. I would recommend it to anyone. The YMCA mission is key to their success. Love being there. Consider applying if you have a opportunity.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a wonderful time every day from when I got there to when I left fir the day and I appreciate everyone who help me through what was going on in my life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA gave the the best experience working with kids as well as parents. It also gave me the experience in talking and communicating with people of all ages and way to affectively express concerns.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a school age aid for the before and after school program and i loved it. i loved my coworkers, my kids, my schedule, everything about it. if was such a happy work environment. the only downside was the pay.
Pro érvek
Making a difference, working with children, schedule
the pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked weekends only every week, roughly 15 hours a week as a part time job. The culture was supportive and team dynamic every shift. My manager was always involved and made sure we were content.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy working here the environment is fun and working with the children is very beneficial. Management worked very well with my school schedule. Co-workers worked very well together.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA because of the members and immediate co-workers. They remind me everyday why I love arriving for my shift. The connections we make are forever remembered and life altering! Some members have known me since I first started at the YMCA, at 18 years old. They encouraged me through college and coached me through some life challenges. So not only am I there to serve them, our members will come back around to serve us in ways we wouldn't expect to learn!
Pro érvek
Free membership, free child care while working.
Kontra érvek
No breaks because of shorter shifts, management does not always help or really see what we do on the front line.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I get a free membership as an employee. Though they pay is not nearly as much as I believe it should be, we get paid for the time we're on the clock. As a personal trainer and program specialist, I get paid minimally for all of the time spent off the clock in preparation for my job duties. Generally, my colleagues are nice to work with and management is OK and supportive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most departments are okay at the Western YMCA, but be careful of the management in membership. They will target you and harass you to the point they will try to get you fired. Management is extremely poor and childish in member services.
flexible
low pay, poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day at work is pretty simple.You set out skills stations, watch them play and even play with them and keep track of paperwork and who comes in and who leaves.
Slow-paced
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job doesn’t require much skill but you must have people skills and work well with children. Customer service and care is required. Cleaning and organization skills as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time working at the YMCA very much. Be prepared to be in the sun all day and blow your whistle a lot. Pay wasn't bad and management was decent.
free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to be a part of. To be able to provide members with overall health and wellness is a great feeling. To see a child accomplish something as simple getting into a swimming pool for their first time and the look on their face is very rewarding
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a exciting place to work. The members of the YMCA make the environment enjoyable. Working as a personal trainer at the YMCA gives you your own creativity, the ability to make your own schedule, and meet new people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A normal day working as a lifeguard at the YMCA is hard but relaxing, you are to watch over about 100 people A day in the hot sun. There are 30 min cycles, so each person watch the pool for a short period of time so no one loses focus or falls asleep. I learned that being about to have protection over someone and being responsible for others lives is very important. The hardest part of being a lifeguard is when a real accident happens u are focus and do everything currently. The best part of working there was meeting new people and being able to be outside in the nice weather and getting a free membership.
Pro érvek
Good people, nice environment, fair amount of breaks.
Bad schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
While working for the YMCA my position was membership Coordinator part time and it was wonderful to come into work each day. My job was mainly to take on all of the online gym memberships, supervise the membership services staff members, answer any and all phone calls that would come into the location, conduct tours of our facility, take care of walk in membership applications, make sure that all who enter to use the properties benefits had memberships or to locate their membership in the system so that they can remain at the location, and if there was anyone to remove due to them breaking the roles to do so. Everyday was a learning experience since you meet different people on a daily bases.
Pro érvek
You receive a free membership as an employee to all of the YMCA facilities.
Kontra érvek
The position was only part time and there was not much room for growth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a site assistant, you're at the mercy of scheduling needs and are subject to getting thrown around a lot, making it hard to build a solid rapport with a group of kids at times. Generally, the co-workers are competent and decent, though, and I enjoy the job.
The kids, coworkers
Kontra érvek
Not knowing where you'll work, pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
had a great time being a mentor to the children, was fun hanging around everyone as they got older every year. was sad to go but hey stuff happens but i still work out there from time to time.
gym
8 dollars for alot of work
Management is supportive
The students keep me busy

Co workers are nice

Hardest part is trying to manage many different personalities at once
Munkahelyi kultúra
Currently, I'm working part-time hours for a full time position due to grant restrictions. My daily duties include processing mail; receiving, reconciling, processing, and making daily bank runs for cash deposits; data base entry for accident reports, scanning, filing, and sending paperwork and scans to Association Office; completing and quality review of purchase orders, scanning, filing, and sending paperwork and scans to Association Office; maintaining and distributing office supplies with once a week ordering; assisting branch members, Branch Office Manager, Executive Director, and Childcare/Camp Office Manager when needed. I've set up data bases and helped to initiate the use of scanning procedures to keep files current and streamlined. My management and co-workers are very supportive and a joy to work with understanding that my assigned hours are limited. I thoroughly enjoy the type of work I do, but I have learned that trying to fit 40 weekly hours of duties into 25 weekly hours is not healthy for me. Knowing that I am helping and giving back to the community is a comforting and satisfying goal for me. So, leaving this place would be sad, but necessary at this time in my life, as I need to find a better fit for myself.
Pro érvek
Co-workers, my job duties, and interaction with branch members
Kontra érvek
location and amount of duties in a short day