Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: New York, NY

286 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Ok place to work
Hard to advance due to people staying in positions for a long time
Great for part-time work

Family friendly environment for members and staff

Good place to work out
Ymca
Excellent place to work in. Diversity amongst staff is visible at all branches. There is a lot of support from supervisors to foster all staff members needs and growth. The workplace culture is positive and uplifting.
Pro érvek
Professional Development and workshops are offered.
n/a
Best Job
You meet people everyday and learn so much about fitness while working here. Your role is to make sure everything is under control in the gym and to assist those who need help.
Different issues
I loved some of the kids , i prefer working with k-2 because it’s more easy, the older kids are so much more difficult, besides that management barely had art supplies for children to make projects
Enjoyed
Enjoyed working there had diverse job functions and many different types of tasks. Was very political and had to make adjustments but overall was pleasurable
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was satisfied with every aspect. Excellent cultural experience. I would like to work with them again in the near future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will create a second family here
The Y is a great family friendly environment. You will meet a lot of amazing people here.They are all about their members. I just wished the cared about their staff the same way. If you get in good with the right people there is defiantly room for advancement. They will definitely over work you if you don't stand your ground.
Pro érvek
Networking, great environment, lovely people
Kontra érvek
over worked and under paid
good place to work at
I loved and love working at the YMCA as a yoga instructor
They don't pay that much per class, but the environment is friendly and dynamic and supportive. at least as of my experience.
Pleasant environment
The overall culture is relaxed. I enjoyed my time teaching. The staff was always very pleasant. The members are some of the nicest people I have ever come across.
Productive fun workplace
This was a Productive environment. i learned a lot from the people that I worked with. I was able to learn about working quick on my feet and learned how to adjust to high tensity situations.
Satisfying, mission-oriented work.
My experience at the YMCA of Greater New York allowed me to serve the community of the Upper West Side, which I loved. My colleagues and the members were wide ranging in backgrounds and experiences. It was a very rewarding job.
Pro érvek
work out daily, meet wide range of people and truly serve the community
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hope you like disorganization and bad communication
The afterschool program is a free program that is provided to schools. I don't understand why, then, if a child misbehaves to the point where he HURTS other children, that child is allowed to stay. The expectations from the supervisor greatly supersede the available resources provided to after school counselors. For a minimum wage job this is TOO STRESSFUL and NOT WORTH IT. Job security is great because they can't keep any employees, so they will basically never fire you.
workplace
i did not like my previous site because of the director, but the site i am at now is fine its just certain things that bother me but i enjoy working with children.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a soul sucking job that doesnt support personal growth or work/life balance, the Y of Greater NY is for you.
Culture is terrible from the top down. There is 0 support and you end up volunteering your life for pennies. Great staff is consistently overlooked and severely underpaid. To make matters worse, no one is even recognized for what they do, just given more work. It never feels like a true nonprofit, so you don't even work for a cause or that 'feel good impact'. Super unfortunate. The C-Suite needs a wake up call. Other associations are great, and I will continue to give to their mission, as I don't even know what the one at Great NY is anymore. So happy to be gone.
Engaging with children
Giving the children a safe and fun environment. Although, it was stressful the kids were fun. The job requires homework time, snack time, and playing outside or going to the gym.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible supervisor + Director (Chinatown YMCA)
working for NYC Chinatown ymca was the worst. The Director of the program does not know how to do her job. Literally cut throat who removed the whole the entire staff at PS126 YMCA after school program (mind you, the people there before she replaced us all were 5 years+ of working there, and knew the children very well and their parents , had us removed over bad management of the supervisor). The supervisor does not know how to run the program , does not know how to make the right choices and is always under pressure because she sucks at management.
La mejor empresa
Excelente empresa para laborar en el extranjero, pagan muy bien y el ambiente laboral es uno de los mejores en el que he estado
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ethical and good workplace culture
A typical day of work used to vary depending on the program activities. I learned administrative and got to know different worldwide cultures. The staff very welcomed. The yearly Y Fest was good because it was the all gathering YMCA employees.
Assistant Teacher in Early Childhood Education
Typical day would be punching in on the shift you were assigned that day based on your team, setting up for morning snack for the children, circle time and then physical activity whether it was inside or outside. After lunch following a nice nap for the children. Meanwhile setting up art activities for the next day, attendance or sleep log. After the snack in the afternoon playtime either outside or indoor play space. Finishing up in the classroom by taking out toys or reading a story and wait for families to arrive. Review with the parent about their child's day, their needs and any developments with the child's character.
I learned how to multi task and work with a team. Also communication skills to make sure room was successful, as well as all child's needs met. How to work through phase ins when children first start. Learning more about children developmental wise.

Management was horrible. So while being there, total of three bosses in 4 years time. I can strongly state that the problem with the administration team is there was a lack of professionalism, maturity and downright common sense. There were multiple situations with teachers and parents that were not handled at all in a professional way. They do not support their staff as a whole, only a few that are favored. Too much gossip.

Workplace culture, the location of the Y was good. There is a lot of culture aspects around the work site.

Hardest part of the job was not getting the support from your administration team.

The most enjoyable part was working with children.
Benefits/Gym
Policies
Great job start with
This job was a learning experience I learned a lot and I loved it love the kids loved being with people and experienced a lot. Great for kids trying to Branch house and learn new things and I've learned a lot.
Fun workplace
It'll always teach me that its fun to be young again even when your growned up and still growing

Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés