Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: New York, NY

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
New York, NY291 értékelés
291 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 410 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was asked to work at The Y.
It was 2000 before all this algorithm interference.

Stop relying on algorithms and look at the people.

The people at the Y are interesting, and intelligent.

Munkahelyi kultúra
In this job, I've met a lot of great coworkers. I even stayed as friends after I resign. Just that the job takes a lot out of you. Many long hours, and if teachers are absent or call out, they expect you to stay and work longer hours. the balance of work and personal life, takes a lot out of you, including to volunteer on some weekends.
Pro érvek
great coworkers, team work.
Kontra érvek
long hours, pay not so great, though others who have less years and less education got paid more than you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was only an intern however I was able to work in various areas within the building/company. It gave me an understanding of human resources and experience with children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started working here two months ago and then COVID 19 hit. I am hoping to continue once NYC opens back up. The work is very creative and the team is great to work with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun job and it will be somthing I want to do again in the future because I love working with children and teaching them and helping them grow
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard to advance due to people staying in positions for a long time
Great for part-time work

Family friendly environment for members and staff

Good place to work out
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent place to work in. Diversity amongst staff is visible at all branches. There is a lot of support from supervisors to foster all staff members needs and growth. The workplace culture is positive and uplifting.
Pro érvek
Professional Development and workshops are offered.
n/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
You meet people everyday and learn so much about fitness while working here. Your role is to make sure everything is under control in the gym and to assist those who need help.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved some of the kids , i prefer working with k-2 because it’s more easy, the older kids are so much more difficult, besides that management barely had art supplies for children to make projects
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working there had diverse job functions and many different types of tasks. Was very political and had to make adjustments but overall was pleasurable
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was satisfied with every aspect. Excellent cultural experience. I would like to work with them again in the near future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great family friendly environment. You will meet a lot of amazing people here.They are all about their members. I just wished the cared about their staff the same way. If you get in good with the right people there is defiantly room for advancement. They will definitely over work you if you don't stand your ground.
Pro érvek
Networking, great environment, lovely people
Kontra érvek
over worked and under paid
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved and love working at the YMCA as a yoga instructor
They don't pay that much per class, but the environment is friendly and dynamic and supportive. at least as of my experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The overall culture is relaxed. I enjoyed my time teaching. The staff was always very pleasant. The members are some of the nicest people I have ever come across.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a Productive environment. i learned a lot from the people that I worked with. I was able to learn about working quick on my feet and learned how to adjust to high tensity situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at the YMCA of Greater New York allowed me to serve the community of the Upper West Side, which I loved. My colleagues and the members were wide ranging in backgrounds and experiences. It was a very rewarding job.
Pro érvek
work out daily, meet wide range of people and truly serve the community
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The afterschool program is a free program that is provided to schools. I don't understand why, then, if a child misbehaves to the point where he HURTS other children, that child is allowed to stay. The expectations from the supervisor greatly supersede the available resources provided to after school counselors. For a minimum wage job this is TOO STRESSFUL and NOT WORTH IT. Job security is great because they can't keep any employees, so they will basically never fire you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
i did not like my previous site because of the director, but the site i am at now is fine its just certain things that bother me but i enjoy working with children.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Culture is terrible from the top down. There is 0 support and you end up volunteering your life for pennies. Great staff is consistently overlooked and severely underpaid. To make matters worse, no one is even recognized for what they do, just given more work. It never feels like a true nonprofit, so you don't even work for a cause or that 'feel good impact'. Super unfortunate. The C-Suite needs a wake up call. Other associations are great, and I will continue to give to their mission, as I don't even know what the one at Great NY is anymore. So happy to be gone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Giving the children a safe and fun environment. Although, it was stressful the kids were fun. The job requires homework time, snack time, and playing outside or going to the gym.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for NYC Chinatown ymca was the worst. The Director of the program does not know how to do her job. Literally cut throat who removed the whole the entire staff at PS126 YMCA after school program (mind you, the people there before she replaced us all were 5 years+ of working there, and knew the children very well and their parents , had us removed over bad management of the supervisor). The supervisor does not know how to run the program , does not know how to make the right choices and is always under pressure because she sucks at management.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés