Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Montclair, NJ

52 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 695 értékelés megtekintése
Overall Workplace
The most important thing about the Ymca is giving back to the community and really helping the youth! Lastly always feeling a part of the team at work is really enjoyable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its okay, better for just a first job when you just need money
Honestly I don't really enjoy my job as much as I did in the beginning. There is apparent favoritism and coworkers aren't that great all the time cause they're as miserable as you are.
Camp Counselor
A job that has strengthen my problem solving skills , because working with children will help you do that. When you can solve issue with children or with their parents I believe you are at an immediate advantage in the workforce .
Learn and move on
For the short amount of time there I learned a lot of valuable life lessons. Management was a bit out of touch with reality and often show favoritism. The most enjoyable part was the children and co-workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job if you like kids
Great job for someone younger such as a high school and student and if you like kids. The parents can be a little annoying sometimes but for the most part pretty ok
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Higher ups, such as the CEO, are unaware or unwilling to improve company culture
I have interacted with rude upper level management and it is clear they operate with a sense of entitlement. Rather than engage with staff they alienate staff. I've actually been screamed at. Leadership is poor.
Pro érvek
middle manangement makes an effort to support the rank and file
Kontra érvek
Top level management are rude, fails to engage the rank and file, could benefit from a class on good leadership
Wonderful atmosphere
Nice place to work . People really care about members . I really enjoyed my co workers . They will work around your schedule and needs to accommodate your hours . Very nice part time job that I needed at the time .
Stressful, poor managment
I worked for the YMCA for about 3 years and my final pay was my starting pay. $9/hr for all of the hard work. Working with children throwing up, peeing/pooping themselves, children fighting, dirty and disgusting camps. Terrible management. I would not recommend the YMCA for employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good people to work with
I believe in the mission of the YMCA, great people to work with, low pay, little room for advancement. I was a part-time employee, but felt like I was part of the YMCA family.
There is a strong sense of community and team work at the YMCA.
productive and healthy workplace
Loved working here! Very supportive staff and the management is amazing. The typical work day is fast paced and enjoyable. Support healthy living! Friendly clients!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
This job is a good place to start making some income. Over time I began to get more responsibility an I rose to the rank of the head lifeguard and also became a swim instructor.
Love the Y.
I grew up in the Y. and when I was able to work this was the first organization that worked for. I loved being around the kids and the community. it was a great experience.
family oriented
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work at, difficult communication
I love working as a senior counselor with the ymca because i get to work hands-on with the children who attend the Camp program. However, in starting my position there are serveral trainings you must attend to be certified to work with children (first aid, swimming, etc) and the YMCA was not the greatest in setting a schedule and sticking to it. Often the day before an email gets sent out saying a meeting is now mandatory, making it hard to adjust your schedule. Furthermore, I have had experiences with being told not to come in for a week of camp the night before the week begins. Other than that it is a steady regular job.
Pro érvek
Good salary, work with children, beautiful scenery
Kontra érvek
Long hours, useless breaktime as you are in the woods with nothing to do (they take your phone).
Munkahelyi kultúra
Free gym membership with employment
The YMCA is alright, the work is a bit of an overload and the managers can be difficult. Lots of young as well as old people working here and are all mostly nice.
Happy Place
All employees love their job and always made me feel at home. You learn new ways of interacting with parents and how to help each different swimmer in their own unique way.
Working at the Y
Working at the Y is good for someone just turn off in the job field it isn’t something that can truly pay the bills . The staff is very Well mannered and willing to help the patriots . I have nothing truly negative to say about Ymca
Free gym
Kontra érvek
Only management has full-time hours
great place
a place where anyone can be great . Its has become a lifestyle . people love to work there and raise a family . It community driven high level programs
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best jobs i ever had, i had the best time here working with kids and stuff is so friendly and understanding. i learned that team building and having a well organized manager goes a long way
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the YMCA. it is a great job environment and the people are awesome. The are consistent offering classes for new certifications and skill advancement
What I've learned
I've grown as a worker throughout my YMCA experienced. I've learned how to work in a fast pace environment as well as coming up with ideas right on the spot. Both teamwork and leadership skills is something I developed over time throughout the organization. I've had to learn my co workers and their strengths and weaknesses and being able to redirect them when needed.
Flexible hours
doesn't pay enough
Great Place to Start and Grow
Working at the Y has been a great experience. If you are interested in a relaxed and fun environment, this is the right place to be. It is also a good start if child care would benefit your resume.
Free YMCA membership
Slow advancement
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés