Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN10 értékelés
10 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 400 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love teaching for the Y, just wish they weren’t the lowest paying gym out there. I’ve taught for the Y for numerous years and still receive less pay than other gyms I’ve just started teaching at
Friendly environment
Kontra érvek
Low pay for a lot of preparation for teaching classes
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the most part I enjoyed my time working for the YMCA. Most of the people were great and it was great interacting with the members on a day-to-day basis. Extreme micromanagement and lack of support from senior leadership. Senior leadership seemed to have lost its vision on what the Y once stood for and only focused on the money versus its people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have learned a lot and gained tremendous experience from my workplace. Amazing team workers. Compassionate and loving members, staff. Fun environment to work. Long working hours. Equality. Training provided to grow in career.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Three years ago in a full time meeting leadership presented a speech about looking away from problems. It was redacted as being misunderstood; however, that concept permeates the upper management. Don’t like what you see? Look away. Don’t understand that population? look away. Don’t understand the front line employee issues? Look away. You have managers that don’t know how to manage? Look away. Don’t have enough staff for kid’s stuff or camp safety? Look away. Don’t have a qualified instructors? Look away.

There are pockets of amazing cause driven leaders at each branch and camp, yet they too will leave, and the ones that are comfortable looking away will rise to the top.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Resistant to change and the pay is laughable. High-quality employees are over-worked and burn out after 5 years. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere you are appreciated and utilized effectively.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, great people. Awesome meeting different individuals daily! Being able to effectively change someones life with a membership to the YMCA was the most rewarding part about the job!!
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the Y in the Twin Cities. Every day I wake up knowing that I'm working for an important mission to improve our community in a myriad of ways. My colleagues are great to work with and we are here for the right reasons. I don't miss the corporate greed and grind.
Pro érvek
Mission, people, free membership at the Y, commitment to diversity and inclusion, GREAT retirement plan and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Compensation could be much better, it's a non-profit, what can you expect? However, don't see any reason why they can't strive to be a Twin Cities top employer both with work-life and comp. Expect to work long hours and have expectations raised on you as you perform better. Disorganized culture with some segments having high expectations and others having low expectations. Technologically speaking, very behind the times and you will experience that as a member or staff. Using paper forms for almost every transaction will improve over time, but currently is time consuming for both staff and customers. Upper management and administrators are aloof and very disconnected from the day-to-day realities of the branches. Also lacks substantial direction or vision for a 21st century health club: somewhat behind in the ever advancing field of exercise science and health club business trends. Overall the culture of the individual branches tends to be supportive and accommodating which makes it a decent place to work and can be fun working with members.
12% retirement, good amount of PTO
Kontra érvek
Long hours. Even with 12% retirement, compensation is below average, direction and vision lacking for the organization, health plans terrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great organization, great employees, but needs a little bit more work when it comes to properly training new employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Teach fitness classes. I have taught a variety of classes that includes young to 90+ years old! The hardest part of my job is probably also the most enjoyable; which is making sure members get the work out they came for.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés