Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Miami, FL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Miami, FL95 értékelés
95 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 070 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Cool Job for a yonger person who likes sports and kids
Overall fun job for anyone who likes both sports and kids. You get the chance to coach your own sports teams, referee games and council summer camps. Overall fun job if you just need something part time and temporary
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of work with little support
Many YMCA employees work long hours, evenings and weekends. You are expected to give your life for "The Cause" and the compensation is not in line with the hours and energy that are required. I worked for 2 different associations and at each association I essentially filled the role of 2-3 employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty nice place to work
Its a nice environment for someone who enjoys positivity and a wholesome place to work and spend time, YMCA camp counselor summer job will test you but its rewarding and fun
great
It was amazing working for YMCA mainly because of the children. To be around so many different personalities makes you want to teach and expand their minds even more.
Kentray
Great job with good benefits, if recommend this job for someone who is very and very good with handling kids with Patients. Overall great experiences for me, i got to meet new people and travel to fun places with the kids. and i got to connected them. I felt like I helped them come out and be the person they wanted to be.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Fun environment
I love the staff I work with. The job can be stressful because you will be working with hyper children but overall, it's a good job! The kids can surely brighten up your day , but also ruin your mood in minutes which is completely normal. One just needs patience and love for them.
Free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not worth it if you don't want a career in childcare
This job is stressful. Right off the bat stressful. You don't get paid enough for what you deal with. The children are awesome, but this company doesn't really care about its employees. The hours aren't good, the pay isn't good, and there's a LOT of trainings (which are necessary sometimes but just prepare).
Working with children
I had a pleasant time working with various children and meeting their needs, such as conflict with other children, homework, arts and craft, activities, etc.
Teaching them life lessons
Kontra érvek
Conflicts that happen with children
1,0
regret it
-highly understaffed
-poor training

-have to pay for required training

-poor attitude from management

-micromanagement

-gossip

-pay is well below the amount of work done

-counselors are constantly shuffled around between groups of children

-lack of stability in routine

-disorganized

-morale is low

-no breaks
Productive and fun
A typical day at the YMCA is being a afterschool counselor. The after care program has taught many unique things such as leadership.i was able to learn about diffefent kids and the stories they taught me. Once the after care program begins i help the children do their homework.
Its a Good Stepping Stone
Good part-time while in school or figuring out what you want to do. Great flexibility for students. Room for growth within. Great management team, that is very supportive and coaches/mentors.
Free gym membership
Good place to work at
I have worked with the YMCA for a few years now and I have to say my favorite part about work is always the summer. Summer camp always brings out the joy and excitement of my job.
aha
no review needed. if you want to experience the workplace at the YMCA first hand then I suggest to work there. You get a chance to help people on a daily basis
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of this job
I love to work with children but this company fails to help you understand how to deal with children who need extra care. they expect you to take control of over 15 elementary school students without there being any incidents. when there is an incident they blame yo for not doing your job when your constantly informing them that these are ELL or ESL students that you cant communicate with.
1,0
Staffs
The counselors deal with the kids and parents on the daily. The company should show appreciation for the counselors and the patience they have with the children. The company ask for certain things they "try" to motivate the staff but don't ask them what is needed or how they can improve them company. And there no such thing as a promotion. You have to be a kiss up so you can get what you want.
Talking to the kids
Salary
Fun Environment
I worked in the day care area. It was a relaxed environment with cool coworkers. The families were extremely nice and loving. We followed plans to keep the kids entertained while their parents exercised.
the ymca
its ok if you already have a job. bu its a good company to work for the people are very friendly easy work and you have to love kids to work for this company...
layed back
pay is very low
It's okay
It's a good place start for those interested in working with children and adolescents. You can learn and grow bonding with the children. Teachers and staff can be helpful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun and fast paced jobs.
Going into work feeling happy about being around very nice people and enjoying the experience. Learning how to keep up with a lot of chaos and deal with a lot of multitasking. The hardest part of the job for me was to keep up with the kids.
Free food
Short breaks
Loving children
Worked at one of the greatest elementary schools for years.The Principal, Parents and children are wonderful. The staff each year was different so I have worked with a mixture of lazy people and hard workers.
Pro érvek
Teaching children, parties, easy promotions, flexible with college students
Kontra érvek
Low pay, not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I don't know about this one
I don't know about this one.... Cool job to have as a side gig. Pay is very love to survive, i don't know about now but when i was working there. Easy place for advancement
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés