Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Meadville, PA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Meadville, PA15 értékelés
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Lots of friendly people
I enjoyed the members the most at this job. They were always very friendly and respectful. Some of the staff were the same but some were not which made my day rough.
1,0
Meadville ymca 2016
Arrogant CEO who thought you should work out of class for long period of time before getting pay raise and job advancement. Looked down on employees without college degrees. Board was very crooked in hiding his treatment of women. Some board members should be replaced! Constantly worked out class,painting and moving large equipment with little help. help.
Athletic atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Lousy advancement and pay. Expected too much work for pay
Pleasant Place to Work
I enjoy my current job at the Y and I like the managers and coworkers. I’ve made some great friends while working there. I’ve enjoyed getting to know the students and their parents. It’s nice to see students moving up in their swim level and know that you influenced that learning. Sometimes there is confusion with the scheduling and we have to scramble to find help to cover lessons and other shifts.
Friendly environment
Not many hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Calm place to tend to children and make them happy
You play with the children and feed them. This is the time children start creating their personalities and it is up to the staff to lead them correctly. Make their parents proud.
Great starter job
Perfect as a part-time income but not enough to either advance, receive reasonable compensation or forward one's career path. Administration was fair and a great way to work with children.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Varies by Location
Like many other jobs, experience will vary with management and coworkers of each location. As a sports instructor, I enjoyed flexibility and the relaxed atmosphere. Upper management was willing to help and work with my temporary work-study schedule.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Management could have been a bit better with communicating important information with their employees and getting back to them at a reasonable time. I learned a lot about child development and working with a team. I took on a lot more tasks when I was bumped up to Lead Teacher of the Wobbler (1 year old) Room. I think the hardest part of this job was not having steady hours. The flexibility and willingness to work with one another on hours could have gone a bit better.To me, the most enjoyable part about this job was getting to know the kids and forming a loving and trusting bond with them.
Pro érvek
Free Lunch, Fun environment, the kids, child like personalities, comfortable uniform
Benefits.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun family style work place
I had a wonderful time working here although some days were long and hard most days I loved my job. Just like any work place there are always staff issues but in the end we all always helped each other in whatever area was needed.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want a stressful job with little to no respect, no encouragement, no growth or job satisfaction this place is for you.

A typical work day was often disjointed and stressful. From changing locations to babysitting kids to little communication it was never fun. I can't say that I learned much except how employees should NOT be treated. I didn't feel like I was cared for as an employee or even as a person. Communication was non-existent and there were times I would be reprimanded for things I did not know how to do or that I was even supposed to be doing. Honestly my coworkers were great. The Meadville Family YMCA had a great staff employed there but certain supervisors were terrible and did not treat there fantastic staff very well. It would not have been hard to give an encouraging word or tell the staff that they have worked hard and were doing a good job, but that never happened. The hardest part of the job was not feeling valued. The job itself was easy. It was not challenging or complicated it was just a job. But not feeling valued or appreciated for all the extra time and effort I put into the job wore heavily on me. The most enjoyable part of the job were the lasting friendships I made with other disgruntled employees who also felt like they weren't being appreciated. I have some life long friends who I bonded with because of our mutual frustrations with our job at the Meadville Family YMCA.
Friendships made
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication, negative work environment, bad compensation for hours worked, stressful job, no room for growth, no help from supervisors, no encouragement
Great Work Experience
Teach a before and after school program through the Meadville YMCA.
Work on teaching kids the YMCA values and creating a learning environment for the kids enrolled in the program. Teach kids a healthy life style through games and activities at the before and after school program. Provide healthy snacks for the kids at the after school program.

Youth and Teen Center Director

- Manage staff for the youth and teen center

- Manage programs in the youth and teen center

- Create new and exciting programs for youth and teen center
Pro érvek
Working with kids, teaching kids new sports and teamwork
Kontra érvek
no breaks, long hours, no overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very stressful but also fun.
It's great to be apart of the childrens lifes, helping though the rough part of life. You get to know the children's family. The YMCA has a lot to offer the children,as well as staff.. I was always going to training to keep up with new ways of dealing with the children and their family.
Always learning.
Stressful.
It was decent
Working for YMCA was a short part of my life but I definitely learned a lot about what a good supervisor was (or wasn't). I had a hard time getting a good working schedule to line up with my class schedule.
5,0
Good People, Good Job
You work with some good people who only want the best for all those around them. The goal of the entire staff is to improve the experience each YMCA member and child will have when visiting. Management demands that everyone does their job to the best of their abilities, but is also supportive and understanding group of people to work for.
Wonderful Staff, Friendly Environment,
I loved my management team, they were always there for me.
My Co-workers and I are all still good friends

I was able to advance in my field

I met so many wonderful people that have touched my heart I will never forget them

The one down side of My job was my hours were scattered throughout the day.
Working with Kids
I get to meet children from all walks of life. Staff cares about the children they are working with.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés