Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Long Beach, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Long Beach, CA66 értékelés
66 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 217 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work environment is very friendly, the staff is always focused but approachable, and the students are very sweet and engaging when it comes to assigning projects for the After-School program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a great work experience until just before I left. There were many changes. It got very hectic and demanding. It was a late starting job but then you sometimes didn't get home until real late. Hard if you have a family to come home.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great employee benefit free membership to gym.

Can work full or part time with company.

Learn to work with small class size 16

Or big class size 24.

Communication is important with management and workplace culture.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the YMCA is a fun place to work at, the aquatics department was very good to me including my amazing co-workers everyone was very respectful. I also learned allot of costumer service skills as well as other skills for example whenever someone was giving me or one of my co-workers trouble I would be the one to respond, many times it was because I was one of the only ones that spoke Spanish. I feel that working as a lifeguard comes with big responsibility especially having to pay for all the certifications on your own, so I feel that was the hardest part of the job.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management seriously sucks. There is so much "hide and don't tell" so they can keep contract with District. They pretend to be doing their job when visitors come.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The leaders at the camp, my campmates, and our projects were great. Kids became more creative and were taught the rewards of effort and hard work, whether that was reflected upon ourselves or upon our positions in work.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there for 8 years doing, front desk, child care, life guarding, and day camp. I never got one raise (left making $8.25/hr) had 7 different managers with my time there, none of which got to know their staff. Never was offered any training to raise up in the organization
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers are great team players and everyone works well to their ability for the children to enjoy their time at the Y. The work environment could be better, but for the most part it was good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
as an high school intern pretty easy job, they train you on everything you need to know, management was pretty understanding when it came to interns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent environment to learn and gain experience/skills . YMCA wrap program allows individual to and be able to work with kids , gaining people skills, initiative, friendliness etc.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here it was a very positive and productive environment. This is a good job for anyone who needs to work later in the day and cannot work a lot of hours a week. My supervisor was very supportive inside and outside of the job and was always looking to help better the team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very nice and will recognize when you are doing well. They give praise and let you work independently with little to no oversight and that is how I like it. The shifts are the same every day and they give your schedule a month in advance which is very helpful especially if you have a family and working spouse. The clients mostly treat us exceptionally, it is a very close community here at the Y and you get to see work being done in it every day. Definitely recommend working here to anyone that is considering!
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great experience to work with children of all ages. I was happy to help them develop In their social skills, behavior skills. Also making sure they were safe and were having fun in the camp.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is ok if you're looking for a part time casual job but you can not live off of what they pay. They seemed to always be understaffed and even though they have walkie talkies sometimes the main supervisor will ignore you. They do give you raises every year you're there and when you complete a module.
Pro érvek
Paid sick days, casual uniform
No benefits, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
when I worked for YMCA in CA. I wrote the centers news letter - we had special days - it was a lot of fun . I enjoyed working there - staff kept to themselves
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y allowed me to promote more than any other organization I've ever worked for. I was given the opportunity and encouraged to grow and evolve from a Team Leader to the Human Resource Generalist. The support I received and the lessons I learned will last a lifetime.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA. Its culture represents values that I am completely aligned with. I get to engage with lovely people on a really meaningful basis for each interaction that I have with all of my students there. I am blessed to be a part of such a wonderful community of professionals and feel truly happy to be there always.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Ases program in the YMCA is an afterschool program. Though it is an easy job i dont think the pay is good at all for someone who has to deal with 21 kids in a single classroom. The pay need to go up. Other than that its great. They listen to you as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA offers many different types of careers within one organization. Child Care, Health and Wellness, Nutrition Education, and so much more for those looking.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked at the YMCA in 5 states over the past decade. The ability to advance in present in almost all of the positions that I have held. It is an amazing place to work, especially when you are driven by the impact on the community.
Pro érvek
Working with such a diverse group of people
Long Hours, burnout
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good part time job for students or retired persons. The driving position requires working with students from K-8. Taking them from the YMCA location to school and returning them to YMCA location after school.
Work out during lunch
Pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés