Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Kansas City, MO

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Kansas City, MO70 értékelés
70 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 217 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's an extended family. I love going to work because I love the members. I feel I do make a difference each and every day.
The longer you are there the more you understand the people. Each YMCA is specifically placed to fill the need of the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great core values and advocates for them however it has taken a lot of persistence to create beneficial change for employees pf youth development, such as better wages, increased appreciation and acknowlegdement.
The health insurance is phenomenal in coverage including transgender needs and mental health, but can ne hard to maintain year round with seasonal postions on YDS.

overall, a good place to work, just be an advocste for yourself and you persistent in requests.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City is a place where you have the opportunity to grow initially and offers opportunity for initial advancement.

Unfortunately, upper management is not great at communication and often makes reactive decisions instead of proactive decisions. Upper management is not very receptive to feedback or new ideas either which makes innovation difficult.

That being said, the workplace culture is good at certain levels and depends greatly on your immediate supervisor and work location.

The hardest part of my job was to completely staff the department I was overseeing. It made it increasingly difficult to have work-life balance and to offer quality programming to participants.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing both employees and program participants progress in skills and confidence. This was by far the most rewarding part of my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has been such a disappointment! There is no room for growth, no collaboration, so many ridiculous procedures that are not efficient or necessary. While you have a million and one things to accomplish, you have your leadership and management all in the office not doing a thing and having a good ol’ time while on Salary. This work place is not professional at all!!! If you are looking for a stable income this is not the job for you! This job is fun, but holidays, school breaks and snow days are the worst because they will not let you work from home even though you are able to work from home on regular days and you still have many task to accomplish. They won’t even let you come into the office to get your work done which is ridiculous.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The employees and customers are all open to new members, and more than happy to lend a helping hand. In my years of experience, I have enjoyed every day working there.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a busy person; because of this, many of the typical jobs to supplement my income are not an option for me. Due to this, lifeguarding provided me with a way to work odd hours while being able to do other activities and jobs within my everyday lifestyle. After being at the facility for some time, I noticed odd changes in the standard of management. Depending on the time of day, I found that employees are expected to uphold different standards or lack thereof. Although slightly bothersome, this inconsistency did not affect my work; however, I did feel as though it created tensions between employees and supervisors as a result.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work, except they don’t pay staff enough for all the hard work that they put in. You work so hard just to get $8.75 and they expect you to keep working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a wonderful organization with a mission that is designed for the betterment of community. Excellent support to any community. I enjoyed the flexibility and the fact that each day looked different based on the needs of the communities we served. The hardest part of the job was being able to meet all of the needs. There is a critical need, for Y’s to be successful, to fundraise so there is an opportunity for all to be engaged. The most enjoyable part is being able to strategize and collaborate with other businesses and organizations to provide support or accomplish goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with the children and families.The staff was excellent we had good team work. All the staff was dedicated and loved working with children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like the YMCA greatly. The pay is poor to keep people. That makes it difficult to stay. The atmosphere is great and welcoming. The coworkers I have are super cool.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, friendly environment. Its a place where you can express your creativity. Working with children keeps your mind fresh with new ideas on planning activities.
Good benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job was super flexible. I was able to pick my hours very loosely which was nice. It definitely felt like I was underpaid though for the amount of time I worked there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is okay for high school / college students . This isn’t a career job . You will deal with disrespectful children , the supervisor will gossip about the employees and the children. The hours aren’t good either.
Work around your schedule
Kontra érvek
Work three to four hours a week .
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my kids and this job is great for students. My only complaint is the split shift is hard to get used to at the beginning. Early morning & evenings can be challenging, but it is worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City, just like any other job, has its ups and downs. The supervisors are helpful and friendly, but sometimes the work asked of you is demanding.
Flexible Hours, Free Gym Access, Free Training
Long Shifts, Often Work Alone, Patrons Can be Mean
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would never work for them EVER! again .they were rude , unorganized , favortism often , open door polucy sucked !! They tell your business to other staff .
Kids
Management and staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the kids. But the job didn't pay enough for all the things that had to be done. I work harder then the lead teachers. The management where I work was unprofessional. The manager didn't really care about her staff. She didn't handle the care of things that teachers needed. They had teachers that they favored. The ones that didn't kiss their behinds they treated them poorly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun, energetic environment working with kids and teaching them soccer. Coached games on weekends, maybe a practice once a week. Met a lot of new people and build great relationships.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I regret leaving the Y for another opportunity. The Y offers great opportunities for growth and advancement. They also pay close attention to life-family balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work because of the connection with the community and co-workers through membership and program offerings including sports, swim lessons, self defense, life guard training, group exercise classes, etc. It's easy to catch the heart of the mission and be a part of the Y story, but unless you plan to be one of the chief officers do not expect to be making a lot of money.
friendly co-workers
salary limitations
Munkahelyi kultúra
Part-time - no benefits, low pay, rewarding job helping people
Full-time - difficult to advance, little to no support from higher-ups, very political.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés