Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Jacksonville, FL

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Jacksonville, FL87 értékelés
87 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 251 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA offers a unique opportunity to interact with and develop relationships with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and goals.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not work here, i applied to work here last summer as a camp counselor. I had to consistently ask to even get the links for my training. Once they let me work, they only scheduled me for the last two weeks of camp. Once i actually begun working i discovered that this company does not care about their employees whatsoever. this is why they hire literally anyone who will apply and why they host open interviews.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work if you don't need money. I work in the Aquatics department and we get paid above minimum wage, but the company is still non-for-profit and are not paid what we are worth. My co-workers have to work almost every day 7-10 hours a day just to make enough money to pay for rent and groceries. Most employees are young adults or retired people.
Flexible Scheduling
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, inconvenient policy hinder job function
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed the people and the workplace a lot. The reason I left was because I had to sort out my life and I wanted to get back into serving/bartending eventually.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
VP for HR was horrible.. She was insecure and under-handed.Didn’t care about employees; Lacked leadership skills, and her management behavior was below any standard I’ve ever experienced..
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work is fun, productive and enjoyable despite the work load and stress. I learend how to manage and behave under stressfull and challenging situation, especially under wise and helpfull management. Work culture is very respectful.
Dealing with stress and managing the situation is one of, both, most enjoyable and hardest part, especially when the outcome is one to highlight as successful and productive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is good for college students not a career path. It's nice socializing with the membership, and it's great if you like getting involved in the community outreach and volunteering. This is not good though if you plan to make a career out of it, no one gets promoted usually and even management jobs don't pay much...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for, very stable. Patrons are usually glad you could help them. Get to teach kids things and overall feel good about what you do,
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love summers, and enjoy being around kids as well as being a big kid yourself this is perfect for you! It really brought out leadership in me that I’ve never known before and I had a great summer
Fun Environment/ Pay for Fun
Lower Pay/ Management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a wonderful place to work if you are willing to really commit. The Y is a family that will support you and hold you accountable to your best self.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked daily in a child care then advance to early childhood. Had opportunities for education through the company along with advancement. Able to relocate with the company.
Pro érvek
Advancement, paid childcare, education programs
Lay offs
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job to work at especially with the kids they always make things fun and they were always intergetic and they always keep you on your feet but that’s the fun part
N/a
Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
The kidzone provided good experience for those looking to work with children in the future. It can be relaxed when all the kids are getting along and it isn't crowded. Management was okay, many situations seemed to be overlooked, especially in kidzone. The hardest part of the job was a conflict with management and when children were really not behaving. The most enjoyable part can be the atmosphere and just having fun with kids!
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was definitely a team oriented environment! Everyone worked together and supported each other. Good leadership in Management that worked with you instead of just delegating tasks and orders.
Free lunches, fun, teamoriented
Pay wasn't always great
Munkahelyi kultúra
While working for the ymca I have been helped so much in the matter of becoming a better team member. I enjoy coming to work each day because I am surrounded by such a great team. Together we get activities done and help one another.
Knowledge
A little far from home
Munkahelyi kultúra
I went into work everyday looking forward to it and ready to get my stuff done and go home. It was a very safe and comfortable working environment, everyone is nice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for the Y. They take family seriously and they put forth a lot of effort to help those in need of a hand up. They try to be flexible with your hours and needs.
free gym membership
pressure to fund raise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work would involve me going in usually they're kids already in there playing. We have stations all around the room to watch the children and make sure they're safe and away from any harm or misbehaving. At the kid zone we do have ratios which depends on the amount of staff and kids in the room. We could easily be over capacity and that would cause us to have a waiting list. I have learned a lot about kids in general and parenting. I have met a lot of sweet kids and motherhood and the stress of just balancing all types of children. The workplace culture varies because I do work with lot of females which obviously causes drama, jealousy, competition. I have encountered many situations that involved some of those things. The hardest part of my job is just balancing when there isn't enough staff. The most enjoyable part is working with the kids. I have built so many relationships, I have grown to have genuine love for them. They make my day and when I go in with an attitude or just a bad mood they always lift me up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In my experience with the Y we do great things for the community from providing scholarships, providing youth sports, swim lessons, group classes, and giving a caring facility and its faculty a place where they call home to its members. A typical day would look like conducting scheduled group classes, training individual clients at scheduled times, taking a break whenever free time is available, talking with members and assisting with any questions, and cleaning/maintaining equipment.
Full-Time benefits, Paid Time off, great work environment
Yearly rate increase
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great benifits and is a great place to work. Lots of friendly staff and good customers. Very fun work environment and very laid back. I would recommend this place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great opportunity to serve others. Poor work-life balance. Favoritism in promotions and work assignments. Long work hours and employees are pressured to give financially to the Y and related causes.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés