Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Indianapolis, IN

162 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 756 értékelés megtekintése
Good Job
This job is good for busy teens that don't have a lot of time. You work for after care about 3 hours so there is still pently of time to be with family, do homework, and hang out with friends.
1,0
Worst Job Ever
Employer rarely looked out for their employees and often did not even look out for the community it served. Latinx families were often not included in the conversation and the only type of translation services they provided were in the form of financial personal to collect payments. They were even dropped from school sites due to the fact they were completely opposite of inclusive of others languages and cultures and especially Spanish based ones.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly and encouraging work atmosphere
This job is great if you like working with kids and staying engaged in your community. The pay and compensation is less than desired, but there are clear expectations and a family-like work environment!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you don't like kids this job isn't for you
If you aren't a people person this will be a hard job. You will be working with various ages and various types of people. It's easy to move up in the company but once you are at a certain position it's hard to move up then.
Easy to move up
Management sucks
Not much to write
It was a part-time job watching children. Minimum wage. Not anything bad or good to say about it except there is no upward movement. They pay doesn't increase either.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
lovely work environment
manager was absolutely amazing, very understanding
nice environment where coworkers are uplifting

lots of different opportunities and events through different seasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
"What is what you make it"
Being a member of the YMCA & working for them was ok. I believe that one should perform their best despite workplace problems. Work most of the time consist of how one handles problems to contribute toward a common goal...achievement. I really enjoyed teaching & creating small after school lesson plans/activities. Great organization for work-life balance. organization
fun
Working with little kids can be stressful, but the YMCA is set up to help control the ciaos, They give you a structured schedule for the day so you just have to follow that and all will be well
Before and after childcare
This job made me feel influential, because this job taught me how to have a good influence on kids. This job taught me how to motivate kids to do better in school, and (in) the real world
Very outgoing environment
A lot of kids to keep track of so must always be on alert. Stay active and keep the kids busy or it will be a long day. Being in the sun most of the time causes you to need to stay hydrated and fed.
Fun work environment
This workplace is full of positive and energetic coworkers. Everyone is passionate about helping youth and making a difference in the world. Lots of opportunities to see different parts of the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Impactful organization; staff are passionate to serve the community
Workday - in the back office, with regular mix of times in meetings and work-alone time. Workplace culture - fast paced but not frenetic. Hardest part of job - learning curve being new to the YMCA and its many programs and services beyond gym and swim. Management - highly-skilled and effective, good at employee development. Most enjoyable part of job - raising funds that provide needed resources for people in need to receive effective care and lifelong skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good...if you don't want money
Working at the YMCA is great if you like kids. But the amount you are asked to do for barely above minimum wage is not worth it. If you have bills to pay I'd steer clear.
2,0
Truly testing
My overall experience at the Baxter YMCA has been okay. The staff, overall, feel under appreciated and under paid. After a full year of training, being trained, and providing a great work ethic, I still am not paid what I feel deserved.
Intern
I am an intern at this company. Currently, I am learning how a non-profit works and how to recruit for their programs. Everyone is helpful and it allows me to learn a lot!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working reception at the desk .
Signing up new members for memberships, greeting customers upon arrival , entering information into data base , scanning and uploading PDF files on computer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for part-time
I work as a fitness instructor and wellness coach. The job is pretty simple and straight forward. It's rewarding when you get to know members. You grow attach to your regulars who attend your classes. The starting pay is not great, but you do get pay raises every year. A wellness coach your shift is only 5-6 hours long. If you're a personal trainer, you definitely will not get paid as much if you were to do it on your own but they do help you get clients. The YMCA will help pay for some certifications and pays for your CPR training. It's a good part-time job to have. I recommend it if you're wanting to get into the fitness industry, college students, or retired.
Laid back, Good Management
Not a lot of hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a job where you would need to be up beat and ready to work mornings and afternoons.
This job can be flexible with hours. It can also provide work experience with children if your in school or need the experience to move forward In the work field.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a fun work environment if you love working with children.
I love this job because I love working with the kids & parents to help improve their needs. The overall set of program is great. We just never had enough staff to help out at the sites and some of the ones we did have were horrible. I felt they were just their for a paycheck. Some of the program directors were unappreciative & didn’t really care that we were short staff but still wanted us to run the program a certain way which is impossible if you don’t have the adequate amount of staff there to help out & do their part. Overall though it’s a fun place to work. I worked with & met some great people.
Pro érvek
It’s a fun place to work if you love kids.
Kontra érvek
You don’t get paid enough & you feel unappreciated.
One of my favorite jobs
I was a sports camp leader. I had up to 40 girls in my cheer dance tumble class and every day we had a ball. The managers know the kids as well as we do and work along side us. So when one of the trouble makers causes a problem and we correct with Disciplinary actions it is never our words against children. The managers always have our backs because kids WILL lie to their parents but it helps when a manager knows the kid so they can mediate. We swam every day unless there was lightning. We made up games, and it was an all around great job. We didn’t make much money for what we did though.
Pro érvek
Great management, structure, family oriented
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and collaborative environment, stressful at times
Working with the YMCA would be a good fit for those who enjoy working with children and being active. There are opportunities for advancement, and the overall work environment is positive. However, this could be a high-stress level job as you will be responsible for caring for multiple (up to 15 children per staff person) at once.
Opportunities for advancement, Collaborative environment
Organization, High-stress level
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés